Walking Dead FYI - Page 167
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Walking Dead FYI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #1661
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 200 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
You wanna talk about character development? Lets discuss CAROL! Going from a mousy, beaten down, abused house wife when we met her to one of THE baddest, most cunning, calculating and cold blooded characters on the show! I see her doing her due diligence and saving the day.

I think they knew about Rick and company LONG before they came over the back fence as well. If this is the case...the weapons cache is DONE for. So we shall see.
I think the development of Carols character has been one of the best I have seen in any film or series. She completely adapted and while she did not fit and could not gain strength in her prior life she thrives in this one.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #1662

Liked 192 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 315

My favorite characters have been Rick and Daryl. Rick is just in that awkward position where his legitimate authority kind of transitioned into the Z world. Because he was a Deputy and someone that helps, people kind of flocked to him and made him the leader. He never stepped in and asked to run the show, he just ended up having to make the tough decisions..and he gets all the crap for it when nobody else would step up in the first place.

Daryl is amazing, because we KNOW he has a sordid past, which I think was mostly because of Merle...They were both abused by their father and while Merle turned truly bad to survive, Daryl just kind of followed his big brother, but he has shown that he is actually good underneath his rough exterior. When Rick called Daryl his brother that really hit me...I can't imagine how much that would mean to Daryl as a character.

my-brother.jpg  
Old 04-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #1663

Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Just finished the season (classes have been killer) and had a few thoughts I figured I'd share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccase39 View Post
I have a feeling whoever took Beth will be a protagonist as opposed to an antagonist. I think they may team up with Carol and Tyrese and help the group escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
This I agree with and I'll explain why. My theory was that Daryl and Beth were right about someone still living in the funeral home. I think whoever lived there probably isn't too trusting of people and lured the zombies into it to take care of the intruders (Beth and Daryl) and planned on mopping up later, sees Beth fleeing and picked her up. Beth and the stranger (or strangers) thought Daryl dead and by the time they went back and discovered his body missing...assume they can't find him? That is a hole in the theory. It could also be an outpost for a larger group, but I still don't think it's the Terminus group - the amount of food in the funeral home suggests to me cannibalism would not be needed by the group connected to it (they could be planning way ahead but I just don't see that; eating a person is usually desperation driven).

For all the comments about the no visible guards, I agree completely. When Glen's group walked in all I could think was BAD IDEA and remember what Merle said to Andrea that went along the lines of "The guy without a gun in his hand, that's the guy to be afraid of."

Recon sucked hard in all parts. Firearms and firearms handling were the same they've always been on the show.

I want Morgan back. I think it would be extremely cool to have him be the one in the car with Beth.

I don't expect Tyrese and Carol to save them. There is an exception of course - they get help. They're their friends and all but think about it - there are two of you and a baby. Where do your priorities lie? Saving your friends and family of that baby or protecting her and doing everything possible to make sure she is safe and healthy? I think that Carol and Tyrese (without help) would elect to take the safe route.

My gut says Eugene is manipulating Ford. Sounds like a guy who played a little too much Call of Duty the way he talks about video games on and on.

Note: i have not read the comics or novels that are apparently out there.

Note: i have not read the comics or novels that are apparently out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Old 04-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #1664
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjleal View Post
I want Morgan back. I think it would be extremely cool to have him be the one in the car with Beth.
I forgot about Morgan. I had to look up who he even was.

Always have clean socks.

Old 04-13-2014, 03:31 AM   #1665

Liked 188 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I forgot about Morgan. I had to look up who he even was.

Wasn't he the first normal person that Rick saw? He had a kid with him too if I remember correctly...

Sent from my iPhone usin

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Savage Model 11
Saiga 7.62x39
Mossberg MVP Varmint
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2
53 Springfield M1 Garand

TimL2952 Likes This 
Old 04-13-2014, 04:42 AM   #1666
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2284 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by longunner View Post
Wasn't he the first normal person that Rick saw? He had a kid with him too if I remember correctly...

Sent from my iPhone usin
Yeah. He was normal (all things considered) at first. Later on we learned he lost his son and became a loner, to put it mildly.

Always have clean socks.

Last edited by JW357; 04-13-2014 at 04:57 AM.
rifleman1 Likes This 
Old 04-13-2014, 04:44 AM   #1667
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Yeah. He was normal (all things considered) at first. Later on we learned he lost his son and became a loaner, to put it mildly.
Loner would be more than mild. The dude down right lost his marbles. It would be cool to see him return though.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:40 AM   #1668

Liked 192 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 315

Quote:
Yeah. He was normal (all things considered) at first. Later on we learned he lost his son and became a loner, to put it mildly.
I do not recall this...when did we see this!?

Old 04-14-2014, 05:02 AM   #1669
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 410 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 816

Is it October yet?

Keep your powder dry boys.
Things are gonna get rough.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:46 AM   #1670

Liked 398 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Yes. Yes it is.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man