Walking Dead FYI - Page 141
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Walking Dead FYI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #1401
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1576 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 8106

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I don't think burning the zombies would really kill them. If it were me, I'd find the biggest bulldozer I could find, and squash them all. Realistically, there should be an unlimited supply of fuel, for as long as it would stay fresh. Gas stations have tanks that can approach multiple tens of thousands of gallons. And even after the gasoline went bad, diesel stays fresh longer.
I myself would start by getting as many diesel vehicles as possible. Only about 10% of the vehicles on the road a re diesel, so that means that the gas in the station tanks will be gone far sooner than the diesel will. On the other side of that coin, you don't need any more diesel to run the car after it warms up, so you could put in a second tank and convert it to run on vegetable oil or kerosene. Anther alternative would be to get used fryer oil, Lye, and isoprople alcohol. Properly mixed, you can make a form of bio-diesel, and you can set up a larger batch after running a few test batches.

As to thebulldover idea, I think a steam roller would be much more fun.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 11-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #1402

Liked 982 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 630

Quote:
you don't need any more diesel to run the car after it warms up
HUH?

BAsed on what has happened on the show, that many people driving that many vehicles could NEVER use up all the gas in the ground. It would go bas long before then. Like I said, diesel would stay fresher longer, but even that would possibly go bad eventually.
Don't kid yourself, getting a diesel to run on WVO is harder than it looks. Making biodiesel solves that problem, but it is not exactly easy to make. Kerosene, on the other hand is a direct replacement for diesel. (Did you know that home heating oil is also?) By the way, where would you find a lasting supply of used veg oil to make bio from? Don't forget, that crap would go bad quick. For my money, I'd go find a tanker truck/s, and fill them to the brim with fuel, and treat the crap out of it. Have it located in a safe, convenient spot.

Old 11-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #1403
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1576 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 8106

Quote:
HUH?

BAsed on what has happened on the show, that many people driving that many vehicles could NEVER use up all the gas in the ground. It would go bas long before then. Like I said, diesel would stay fresher longer, but even that would possibly go bad eventually.
Don't kid yourself, getting a diesel to run on WVO is harder than it looks. Making biodiesel solves that problem, but it is not exactly easy to make. Kerosene, on the other hand is a direct replacement for diesel. (Did you know that home heating oil is also?) By the way, where would you find a lasting supply of used veg oil to make bio from? Don't forget, that crap would go bad quick. For my money, I'd go find a tanker truck/s, and fill them to the brim with fuel, and treat the crap out of it. Have it located in a safe, convenient spot.
makes sense. just some ideas in the back of my mind was all. Yes, I did know about the HHO being a direct replacement for diesel. had a friend who worked in the motor pool when dad was stationed In 29 Palms. Learned about the HHO during a discussion on Deuce and a halfs. Most folks don't know that they can be run on 3 different types of fuel. gas, diesel, and kerosene\HHO.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 11-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #1404

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman
So I guess last nights show was trying to make the governor out to be human after all. We'll have to see what Michonne thinks of that.
He still needs to fall to her sword for what he has
done. It's not revenge so much as a reckoning.

Ty

Old 11-25-2013, 02:08 AM   #1405

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

All I have to say is I hope the governer dies because I don't want to see another prison battle this is getting old.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #1406

I think the show's writers are way too clever to just come up with another battle. They will do something way more subtle than that.

Last edited by clr8ter; 11-25-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #1407
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
I thin the show's writers are way too clever to just come up with another battle. They will do something way more subtle than that.
I'm wondering if they will join up against whatever group raided the camp they passed on.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #1408

Well that didn't take to Governor long to revert back to his old self. I wonder what makes him think his methods will work this time? And I stand corrected on my "he won't attack the prison" statement…..at least it appears that way.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:29 AM   #1409

Liked 87 Times on 57 Posts

Quote:
Well that didn't take to Governor long to revert back to his old self. I wonder what makes him think his methods will work this time? And I stand corrected on my "he won't attack the prison" statement…..at least it appears that way.
Did you happen that this time he does have a tank?

Old 11-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #1410

Yes, I noticed that. Guaranteed to be interesting. BUT, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Anyone know what tank that is, and how much ammo it could possibly have on board?

Interesting, though, for being lifted recently directly from the Army, it's not even a Abram's, no?

Last edited by clr8ter; 11-26-2013 at 10:27 AM.