Walking Dead FYI - Page 125
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Walking Dead FYI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 12:48 AM   #1241
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Yep... I was dissapointed in there execution. Why go through the effort of the flash bangs and sirens to draw the walkers down on the Guv's people without bothering to cover the "fatal funnel" door to hose down anyone fleeing through it?

Oh yea, Merril was the only one with any Military experience...

Tack
Cause then the gov wouldn't have had as many targets to shoot at later lol

Old 04-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #1242

Liked 54 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by capto56 View Post
Cause then the gov wouldn't have had as many targets to shoot at later lol
^^^^ lol awesome

I think the whole idea behind Cowboy Carl Shooting that other kid was to show his confussion and frustration of wanting to be a "big boy", and be a part of.

That kid looked terrified even if he was gunna make a move,but he didnt so you cant just speculate his intent. Carl straight up Gov'rnd that kid for his own selfish reasons. "Look guys! I helped!"

The kid was mislead by the Gov. crew and coulda easly been a good addition to the good guyz.

Guess im disagreeing with everybody on this one, but thats coo.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #1243

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

I think they didn't shoot anyone because they are the group with some humanity left and weren't going to slaughter everyone

Old 04-03-2013, 01:11 AM   #1244

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJack View Post
^^^^ lol awesome

I think the whole idea behind Cowboy Carl Shooting that other kid was to show his confussion and frustration of wanting to be a "big boy", and be a part of.

That kid looked terrified even if he was gunna make a move,but he didnt so you cant just speculate his intent. Carl straight up Gov'rnd that kid for his own selfish reasons. "Look guys! I helped!"

The kid was mislead by the Gov. crew and coulda easly been a good addition to the good guyz.

Well... you know what they say about "opinions"... right?

Given the circumstances, I'd have plugged that kid too... It wasn't just Hershal at Carls side, it was the Blonde girls and his baby sister too.

One of the undercurrent themes of this story is the "do what is necessary" factor. Shane's character provided the balance to Rick's "moral dilema's" and now it looks like Carl will be assuming that role while Hershal digresses into the same pattern as that last old fart who used to drive the RV... can't recall his name?

Tack
Old 04-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #1245
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1723 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 9206

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Was it an AUG?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
I'm pretty sure it was an AUG
Yep, it was. They really do need a better gun guy on set. One of the features I like of the AUG is the fact that it's ambidextrous. Swap in the L\H bolt, and move the ejection port cover to the right. Then the govenor could have actually taken aimed shots with it. Between that and the "ejecting Python", I don't know which was worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
That is one ugly rifle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
It would make a lovely bear suppository.
LMAO Gello. That is a funny mental image.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Last edited by kfox75; 04-03-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #1246

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:

Yep... I was dissapointed in there execution. Why go through the effort of the flash bangs and sirens to draw the walkers down on the Guv's people without bothering to cover the "fatal funnel" door to hose down anyone fleeing through it?

Oh yea, Merril was the only one with any Military experience...

Tack
I thought the same thing. I also mentioned to the wife that while the gov's entire group piled into the open room in the prison, a handful of depined grenades would have taken care of most of them. Someone couldve dropped them from the guard tower in the center of the room. I remember Morgan had a boxfull of grenades in his apartment, not sure if Rick took some but I wouldve. Id have also booby trapped some doors with them too.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 04-03-2013, 02:42 AM   #1247

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJack

^^^^ lol awesome

Nah, not the only one. I thought he was stupid too. But that's because I haven't liked him since the very first episode

Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #1248

Quote:

Carl will be assuming that role while Hershal digresses into the same pattern as that last old fart who used to drive the RV... can't recall his name?

Tack
Dale. That's what I was sayin yesterday. Hershel lost his leg so that he couldn't do anything but sit around and be the voice of reason. And his daughter is still alive only because she's taken over being mommy asskicker

Old 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #1249

Liked 1193 Times on 854 Posts
Likes Given: 607

This is the funniest thing I have seen yet related to this show and its very true
http://thechive.com/2013/04/03/a-few-things-that-make-no-sense-about-the-walking-dead-33-photos/

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

People Like This 
Old 04-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #1250

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
This is the funniest thing I have seen yet related to this show and its very true
http://thechive.com/2013/04/03/a-few-things-that-make-no-sense-about-the-walking-dead-33-photos/
That's some funny sh!t!!!!