Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Walking Dead FYI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #1001
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
Hahaha gello. Seriously though..... u could only shoot so many. Where would you go? How long could you run for? Its a scary thought
That's why you've gotta be prepared!!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #1002

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

I know but you can only prepare so much. Evebtually u would have to go somewhere remote with no power. No running water. Hunt your own food. Even then it would only be a matter of time before they wandered to you ...... i have heard people say how much fun it would be but I think it would be terrifying. I wouldn't want to run my whole life living in fear ...... such a dam good show!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #1003

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
I know but you can only prepare so much. Evebtually u would have to go somewhere remote with no power. No running water. Hunt your own food. Even then it would only be a matter of time before they wandered to you ...... i have heard people say how much fun it would be but I think it would be terrifying. I wouldn't want to run my whole life living in fear ...... such a dam good show!
I'm ready for it. No more work, no more school, no more money problems.... This is sounding better and better. I may have to take some science classes and work on the virus
Old 02-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #1004
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
You live in fear now to some extent: gun grabbers, taxes, money shortages, job losses, etc. One straight up fight for the remainder of my days doesn't sound so bad to me.

Nobody gets out of this life alive anyway (no offense to anyone's religious beliefs on the exact definition of "alive" and "rapture" and such).

Now, would i want to drag an infant, a semi-legless old doctor, and a bunch of other misfits with me, no thanks. Would i try to take some time off to trap a bear to pit against the zombies, HELL YEAH!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #1005
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2142 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

I'm thinking a small island in the Carribean would be the way to go. Surely zombies can't swim?

Old 02-28-2013, 10:38 PM   #1006

Good point gello. Do you think zombies can "drown" in the ocean. You could round up as many as you could and run into the ocean or a lake ....... hmmmmm

Old 02-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #1007
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Good point gello. Do you think zombies can "drown" in the ocean. You could round up as many as you could and run into the ocean or a lake ....... hmmmmm
In some past zombie movies, zombies have walked on the bottom of lakes and such. I recall one in which a zombie bit a swimmer from the floor of the bay.

I wonder if sharks would be zombiefied by eating zombie flesh, the original wiggly stink bait.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

rocshaman Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #1008
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

In some past zombie movies, zombies have walked on the bottom of lakes and such. I recall one in which a zombie bit a swimmer from the floor of the bay.

I wonder if sharks would be zombiefied by eating zombie flesh, the original wiggly stink bait.
We can only hope

Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #1009
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2142 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

LOL, that's funny right there.

Found this on the internet, if you can believe that:
Quote:
Can zombies swim?
Water barriers will be most successful if zombies can’t swim, but the definitive text (World War Z, 2006) suggests that they can walk underwater, and that they will slowly spread out under the sea as they seek human prey. This means that eventually zombies will arrive at your island, and that in the science of that textbook, they will appear randomly and intermittently without warning. This means at the very least you will need to keep a constant watch, though a random process of diffusion suggests that the further your island is from shore the lower the rate at which zombies will arrive. Obviously some system of inshore nets or wires may help in the watch process, but these may require a lot of work and be hazardous to establish. Claytonian’s swimming suggests that Zombies will have a more purposive process of attacking islands, choosing to swim towards them if they sense food but otherwise not swimming – if one assumes that zombies function according to some kind of basic laws of energy conservation, they will presumably prefer the least energy inefficient method of movement when there is no reason to use a more intensive one. Of course, it may be that zombies aren’t governed by such constraints, and that hordes or individuals will occasionally choose to swim and can potentially swim huge distances without effort. This problem can still probably be partially managed on an island, since if it is more than a few hours from shore the action of wind and water will likely disperse hordes sufficiently to render them much less threatening if they stumble on an island.
So then, an important question arises: can zombies communicate and form hordes underwater, and do they retain the ability to hone on prey when travelling by water?

Last edited by rocshaman; 03-01-2013 at 12:01 PM.
orangello Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #1010

Hahaha. No way could they make it ...... the pressure in deep water is such that it would crush them