Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Walking Dead FYI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Whats his name back in season one one the roof top . He was picking off walkers sniper style . That would be fun as hell and dang good training

And I saw a preview for the new Justified last night , It showed Raylans hat on the ground in the woods , I hope like hell him and sophia are not lost together . That would be over half a year almost wasted on my two favorite shows looking for someone lost in the damn woods .
Justified comes back in January yeaaaaaaaaa I hope it will make up for the let down Im sure were gonna get from TWD this sunday
Maybe he's helping Daryl look for Sophia?

Old 11-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #92
dmp

Liked 17 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
I didnt take it that way.

All of us (in real life) need proper firearms training and continued trips to the range to keep our skills sharp.

If one doesnt have proper training, they seldom know how to safely handle a firearm.

Last weeks episode was pretty good IMHO insofar as the young boy getting busted with a pistol in his waistband. He was taken to his parents where his mother freaked out. (In real life this is often the case. Look at how many replys to threads we have on here alone about how the man wants to teach the child but the mother is against it and often bans having guns in the house.) Then the debate began about how the child lived in a dangerous world and that it was a fact of life that guns were in camp and that the lad needed to be properly trained.

Even tho it was hollyweirded up and could have been done better or in more detail, imho it was well done.
I don't believe people would be so...hrm...scared of guns? I dunno. There really isn't much training involved with 'aim this, pull trigger, practice'. ESPECIALLY for field-expedient zombie defense.

Training can NOT teach judgement. Training can't help them kill the bad guys as much as 'motivation and wisdom'.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:34 PM   #93
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp View Post
I don't believe people would be so...hrm...scared of guns? I dunno. There really isn't much training involved with 'aim this, pull trigger, practice'. ESPECIALLY for field-expedient zombie defense.

Training can NOT teach judgement. Training can't help them kill the bad guys as much as 'motivation and wisdom'.
Wow! Really! Hitting a moving target in the head is as easy as point and shoot!?!? Really!?!?

Damn, and to think i have been wasting wasting ammo all these years....to think myself and my kids were born with the ability to hit a 1 inch square @100 yds.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #94
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'll be putting my boy behind a .22 again this week! I'll throw you guys some videos. FMJ, remember, he doesn't get nearly as much range time as your boy, so don't laugh!! That's mostly because I don't have anything small enough for him to shoot, so he only gets to shoot at his grandma's house.
LOL! Get them videos up, i wont laugh!

Old 11-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #95

Quote:
Wow! Really! Hitting a moving target in the head is as easy as point and shoot!?!? Really!?!?

Damn, and to think i have been wasting wasting ammo all these years....to think myself and my kids were born with the ability to hit a 1 inch square @100 yds.
With enough ammo, Yes!!

But I believe he was referencing specifically "field expedient zombie apocalypse training" for people with little or no experience in firearms. In that case, then yeah, simply knowing how to work the gun would increase survival chances.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #96

Quote:
LOL! Get them videos up, i wont laugh!
Oh I will! I have to be careful though, I'm pretty sure he's ADHD, so safety is paramount, therefor I may not even be able to get a video but maybe just a couple pictures. Hey, I got a real cool one floating around somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #97

Bleh, can't find it. There's a pic somewhere of my kid holding an inlaw's armalite .50 BMG. I've probably ended up erasing it trying to keep this damn dell going.

Old 11-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #98
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Oh I will! I have to be careful though, I'm pretty sure he's ADHD, so safety is paramount, therefor I may not even be able to get a video but maybe just a couple pictures. Hey, I got a real cool one floating around somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.
We all started somewhere....my boy didnt get to where hes at overnight! None of us did.

Do what you gotta do, Dad! Safety IS priority #1

A couple shots from what seems like ohhh so many years ago and yesterday all at once....

DAD! I HIT ONE!!!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #99

My how they grow!! It's hard to believe that's the same kid in the more recent videos! It really puts it in perspective with the newer video (or pic, can't really remember) that has that same chipmunk in the background for size comparison.

Chill out with the miracle grow!! He's not a tomato!!

Old 11-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #100

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp

Really? I should feel like a damn idiot then, it took me a while to be as good as i am now. If it was as easy as point and shoot then i apparently wasted alot of time and ammo at the range. How much trigger time have YOU put in?

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis