Wal-Mart take over - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wal-Mart take over

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #31
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

The cheap Chinese crap at Target is of higher quality than the cheap Chinese crap at Walmart. And it's imported!

Old 10-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Funny thing is I priced my ammo lower than Wal Mart and I still have trouble moving it.
Did you have a greeter?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #33
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2131 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 635

I live in a relatively small city in AZ. Permanent population is 40k-50k. We get a lot of snowbirds in the winter. We have 8 LGS some FFL's working out of their homes and Big 5 sells guns. Also a couple of gunsmiths. Walmart does not sell guns but is supposed to start after the 1st of the year. We also have some pawn shops that will order anything you want. This town is heavily armed and we still have trouble getting people to our FNRA Dinner. Most of the LGS are very knowledgeable but have definite preferences. You learn where to go to get what you want. One is especially good at reloading supplies and knowledge of ammo. Others have other specialties.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I live in a relatively small city in AZ. Permanent population is 40k-50k. We get a lot of snowbirds in the winter. We have 8 LGS some FFL's working out of their homes and Big 5 sells guns. Also a couple of gunsmiths. Walmart does not sell guns but is supposed to start after the 1st of the year. We also have some pawn shops that will order anything you want. This town is heavily armed and we still have trouble getting people to our FNRA Dinner. Most of the LGS are very knowledgeable but have definite preferences. You learn where to go to get what you want. One is especially good at reloading supplies and knowledge of ammo. Others have other specialties.
Comparitively: I live outside of a town of about 15-20K residents. Despite the fact that the majority of those people own at least one firearm, we have ONE outdoors store that sells firearms priced even higher than the Gander Mountain 30 minutes down the road (some good staff, though). We do have a few pawn shops with FFL's and selections of mostly used or value-brand firearms and very little in the way of ammunition. There is also the Wally'sworld with a decent selection of longguns and ammunition. I usually buy my ammo online or from wally's and my firearms from this one particularly helpful pawn shop or the occaisional gun show. My XD came from the town 30 minutes down the road, before Gander Mountain shut down the decent hunting store there.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #35

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I've actually ran into some knowledgeable employees at our Wal-Mart. Big-5 is a store that I dislike. I usually do most of my purchasing at a place called The Tackle Box it's a small FFL and bait shop, and I love it there.

-Matt

Last edited by Blueguns; 10-06-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #36

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

I actually *LOVE* Wal-Mart...but I refuse to shop there unless there is absolutely no other option because of the overwhelming amount of societal TRASH that shops there.

www.peopleofwalmart.com exists for a reason

Old 10-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #37

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Did you have a greeter?
Yeah but the cocker spaniel doesn't talk much

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #38
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1954 Times on 1136 Posts
Likes Given: 4105

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Honestly, I get the same reaction when I asked for 7.62x54R. The guy at walmart handed me a box of 7.62x39mm and asked if this is what I meant.
I go to the local Walmart gun counter sales will say the standard amount and caliber!

Sportsman's Warehouse, I just roam the ammo section and place in the basket. Lately, I am having to go to Dick's Sporting Goods for the .22LR Blazer CCI ammo. Sportsman's Warehouse has been out for the last month again.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #39
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6340 Times on 3168 Posts
Likes Given: 6830

Yesterday, I did my Lowes walkabout as I do every Saturday. Came out with $150 in useful products for less than $40. I bought a quart of Tile Guard stone sealer for .55 cents that normally was $29.99, 4 solar light sets @ $2.44 each that started out $19.99 ea (been watching them for 2 months) and a set of louvered blinds that started at $49.00, I got it for $15.00. No bargain prices on the 2" X 8" studs that I went to get in the first place but its like I got them free. Im currently prowling the Electrical devices, they are revamping the lineup and moved all the old stock to a discount shelf, by the time I go after them, I will get them for pennies on the dollar. They are also revamping their LED lighting, keep watching on those, they will be less than 1/2 price within a month and I will clean them out when they do.

I hadnt been in the store 30 seconds before someone came up and asked me If they could help me and got greetings and salutations every 2 minutes I was in there. Big box yes, impersonal, no way!