Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wal-Mart take over

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Wal-Mart take over

I now realize why Walmart has caused the closure of small businesses and large corporations alike.
I went to two stores today, one of which was Gander MTN looking for a local area field map. I kid you not, they told me to contact EMS they should have some.
How can the biggest outdoors man store in the area not carry maps of any kind. None zilch zero.
But you take a stroll down to Walmart and find any map, any shape, any size, any color. And I hate going in there.
This is only one occasion out of hundreds. It's bad that you find better deals on guns and ammo at Walmart than at your local shop.
I strongly agree with supporting local small businesses, Theses owners are our family, friends, and neighbor, but I swear some of these places put them selves out of business. Absolutely no selection (if any at all), sky high prices, and ignorant staff. (Not that I really care for the staff at Walmart either)
Am I missing something?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #2

And for the record... I HATE Walmart.
That will be all.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #3

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw2011 View Post
That will be all.
They are still 10x better than Kmart and Target! I love the LGS with great friendly knowledgeable staff. I spread my gun/ammo/hunting budget around to the locals here, they all have some deals.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70

They are still 10x better than Kmart and Target! I love the LGS with great friendly knowledgeable staff. I spread my gun/ammo/hunting budget around to the locals here, they all have some deals.
I agree they are way batter that target and Kmart. Problem here is if you want to go to a decent shop it's at least a hour drive in either direction. One of which is across the lake, which is basically off limits if your in the market for a new rifle because of the AWB here. The LGS that are close by are anything but knowledgable, and more that willing to spouting off their politics, and in inaccuracies about any thing and everything.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #5

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I usually buy my ammo either at Cabelas or WalMart. The LGS prices are over priced and Gander Mountain is higher than the LGS. I have bought most of my firearms at my LGS though.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #6

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

The reason why guns may be higher at your LGS is because they can't buy in bulk like Wal-Mart does to get the discounted price. Honestly when you shop at a LGS it's due to their knowledge and customer service more than their price IMO.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

CA357 Likes This 
Old 10-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #7

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw2011 View Post
That will be all.
We are big boys and girls here, no need to sugar coat it...tell how you really feel.

I give the LGS here all of my gun purchases and carry ammo purchases, for practice ammo I do shop around.

I am fortunate to have 6 good LGS with in 20 minutes of my house. They see me often and are all willing to help me with research for my next purchase. I even go shooting with a couple of the guys from one shop about twice a year at his personal range.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
The reason why guns may be higher at your LGS is because they can't buy in bulk like Wal-Mart does to get the discounted price. Honestly when you shop at a LGS it's due to their knowledge and customer service more than their price IMO.
Wish we could get some of that knowledge and customer service around here.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #9

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
Since money isn't a concern for you, can you send some my way?. The price is a very big reason why I don't buy from one place and go some where else. Like I said in my post I buy my firearms from my LGS, but I have bought some from Cabelas.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #10

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

Kmart sucks...

untitled45tyujhg.jpg  

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This