Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Wal-Mart Stories (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/wal-mart-stories-81417/)

sharpshooter1997 01-15-2013 08:56 PM

Wal-Mart Stories

I have seen some pretty weird things in walmart. I know that there are some pretty good stories out there. Lets here em.

Tackleberry1 01-15-2013 09:05 PM

How about let's NOT...

If someone has a credible announcement from Wal Mart regarding guns or ammo sales then post it. Otherwise save the hot air...;)

Tack

CourtJester 01-15-2013 09:06 PM

http://thepoint.usatoday.com/hilton/en_us/news/front_page/nation/news-article.L2NvbnRlbnQvZ2xvYmFsL2VuX3VzL25ld3MvbG9jYX Rpb24vbm9ydGhfYW1lcmljYS91c19uYXRpb24vMTgzNjI2MQ== .html

Bigcountry02 01-15-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 1095060)
How about let's NOT...

If someone has a credible announcement from Wal Mart regarding guns or ammo sales then post it. Otherwise save the hot air...;)

Tack

Walmart is in the boat with the rest of the sellers. Demand is so high, the suppliers can not keep up.

locutus 01-16-2013 09:59 PM

There has been more than enough of the Wal-mart bashing on the forum already.

And so far, all of it over phony bullsh!t.

ellis36 01-16-2013 11:27 PM

Personally, I’m not trying to sell Walmart. I buy some stuff there. I buy stuff other places. Usually the haters come back to ‘benefits’ and ‘hourly wages,’ but in my area a Walmart job is something to be proud of. Discount chains watch the pennies. Don’t like it…. don’t work there. People line up for Walmart jobs around here.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/15/us-walmart-us-idUSBRE90E0MB20130115

“…..By Jessica Wohl
NEW YORK | Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:28pm EST
(Reuters) - Wal-Mart Stores Inc will buy an additional $50 billion in U.S.-made goods over the next decade in areas like sporting goods and high-end appliances in what the world's largest retailer called a bid to help boost the U.S. economy.

Wal-Mart, the largest private employer in the United States and the world's largest retailer, also said on Tuesday it plans to hire 100,000 newly discharged veterans over the next five years, at a time when the U.S. unemployment rate is at 7.8 percent.

The moves come as the U.S. economy continues to grow slowly 3-1/2 years after the end of a severe recession. An average of $5 billion a year in spending is a drop in the bucket for the $15 trillion U.S. economy, and the question is how many other retailers could do the same.

Terry Lundgren, chief executive of Macy's Inc and until this month the chairman of the National Retail Federation, told Reuters that Wal-Mart's plans to buy American were good but that cost would still be an issue.

"We would all love to do that, the customer will not pay more," Lundgren told Reuters on the sidelines of an NRF event where Wal-Mart presented its plans.

The moves received a cool reception from critics who claimed Wal-Mart does not pay its workers enough and slammed the retailer for selling too many goods made in lower-cost countries like China. The company is also under pressure over its sourcing practices, particularly after a deadly fire at a Bangladesh factory that made Wal-Mart clothes.

But Walmart's U.S. unit says about two-thirds of the goods it buys for its stores are made, sourced from or grown in the United States
, citing data from its suppliers. It has previously run "Made in America" campaigns, and in the early 1990s it was criticized for promoting foreign goods as domestically made.

Last year, 55 percent of Walmart U.S. sales came from groceries like food and drinks as well as other products that are typically sourced locally. Only 7 percent of Walmart U.S. sales were of apparel, jewelry and accessories, which retailers typically get from lower-cost countries.

To the extent Wal-Mart buys more U.S.-made goods the company would have otherwise imported, it would reflect the recent shift in the U.S. commercial relationship with the rest of the world….."

BigB 01-17-2013 12:00 AM

Just bought some American made Winchester PDX1's in 9mm there today! Was surprised to find them, as 9mm is pretty scarce around the state (WI), even in fmj!

Blueguns 01-17-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpshooter1997
I have seen some pretty weird things in walmart. I know that there are some pretty good stories out there. Lets here em.

Nice people, lots of ammo. No guns because its I'm in CA, but for that reason I can't really expect them to have guns.

Overall in my town we still have many small businesses thriving alongside the Wal-Mart. Our Wal-Mart is one of the biggest local employers. It has helped the local economy immensely.

Plus I can go out for groceries, and get ammo too. :D

danz60 01-17-2013 02:13 AM

Their prices are now insane.....while you might be able to find items in stock @ CTD that you can't find at any of the other retailers -your going to pay big time!!!

BigB 01-17-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danz60 (Post 1097144)
Their prices are now insane.....while you might be able to find items in stock @ CTD that you can't find at any of the other retailers -your going to pay big time!!!

Not always true! The ammunition bought today was cheaper than other retailers sale prices! Had to buy based solely on the fact that not much is available! Granted prices vary by store.