Wal-Mart guns....? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wal-Mart guns....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 466 Times on 340 Posts
Likes Given: 154

Wal Mart also used to order a firearm for you if it was not a stocked item,, and in turn, many guns ordered were never purchased by the people who requested the order,, one store about 40 miles from where I reside, used to have a listing of these firearms from their store and others in the area,, some extremely good bargains were available if you had the purchase price in cash or one of their credit cards. I missed a deal on a Weatherby Mark V .300WM, that was less than half of the suggested retail,,, it had sold by the time I got back to that area with the green,, I have'nt investigated that for a couple of years, they may or may not still provide that service but if one is looking for a deal, that may be an option.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1667 Times on 1143 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazul42 View Post
Wal Mart also used to order a firearm for you if it was not a stocked item,, and in turn, many guns ordered were never purchased by the people who requested the order,, one store about 40 miles from where I reside, used to have a listing of these firearms from their store and others in the area,, some extremely good bargains were available if you had the purchase price in cash or one of their credit cards. I missed a deal on a Weatherby Mark V .300WM, that was less than half of the suggested retail,,, it had sold by the time I got back to that area with the green,, I have'nt investigated that for a couple of years, they may or may not still provide that service but if one is looking for a deal, that may be an option.
Walmart does indeed have a catalogue to order guns from. The catalogue is overwhelming. Store associates are not trained to assist customers in finding the gun they desire.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

yazul42 Likes This 
Old 02-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #43
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8928 Times on 3868 Posts
Likes Given: 1398

What he just said up there ^^^.

Some of the Walmart guns are a buck or two less because they bought 5,000 of them.

Some may be a run made just for that order (vague memory of a green stocked 10/22 from a few years back.

However, none of them are "seconds". The attorneys for any gunmaker would be all over that.

But as was just said- this is not new. Not only Ted Williams, but the J.C. Higgins store brand from Sears. And the Westernfield store brand from Montgomery Wards. Revelation brand from Western Auto. Gamble's Store. Shapleigh Hardware. Those guns were made by Remington, Savage, Winchester, Marlin, Mossberg, Hi Standard. They might have a birch stock instead of walnut, but the mechanics and parts are the same. And they shot (and still shoot) just fine.

bunny-doughnut.jpg

And I am not really into pancakes. How about a bunny with a doughnut on it's head?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 02-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 153 Posts

The Walmart guns that are in stock are bought in bulk to sell at a price point. Sometimes they have better features and distinct setups you can't buy anywhere else, i.e. the 10/22 rifle with the 22-inch barrel that was exclusively theirs, and their 870 youth model.

Sometimes they have cost saving features such as not quite as fancy wood, or a different set if sights.

When you go to a meeting with a manufacturer, and tell them you want to buy 5000 guns they tend to work with you.

If you have 8,800 stores, and go in to a meeting with Ruger and negotiate for a package that includes three or four bolt action rifles per store, three or four semi-automatic rifles per store, three or four 10/22s per store, and ten handguns per store, with an option to double the order based on sales, the sales manager works with you.

If the stores purchasing manager knows his market and wants semi custom units the manufacture makes them.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #45

Liked 1053 Times on 594 Posts
Likes Given: 1667

So often times, the gun you will find at walmart is NOT the same as you would find elsewhere....Due to their purchasing power..They can dictate the level of trim/features to meet a desired price point.....I think we have come full circle on this...lol

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 02-17-2014, 05:40 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
So often times, the gun you will find at walmart is NOT the same as you would find elsewhere....Due to their purchasing power..They can dictate the level of trim/features to meet a desired price point.....I think we have come full circle on this...lol
The Walmart where I bought my Colt had two. Both had Magpul mbus, but mine came with a Rogers Superstoc vs the basic collapsible on the other.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I can not image Cindy in a Walmart. She is way too hot. The women who inhabit in there look like a bunch of scary trolls. Yep, I am going to get flak for writing this, but I like to live on the edge every once in a while. So I do not care.

"Feuer Frei!"

rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 02-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 466 Times on 340 Posts
Likes Given: 154

I may have to try c3's rabbit and donuts,,, I'm wondering,, yes,, definitely fried rabbit and not stewed or crock pot,,, now whether glazed or cake donuts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 02-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #49

Liked 1053 Times on 594 Posts
Likes Given: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
I can not image Cindy in a Walmart. She is way too hot. The women who inhabit in there look like a bunch of scary trolls. Yep, I am going to get flak for writing this, but I like to live on the edge every once in a while. So I do not care.
Sometimes i go in my wife beater, Snoopy pajama pants, flip flops, and big Elvis sunglasses.....so i fit right in......LOL

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 02-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #50

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
Sometimes i go in my wife beater, Snoopy pajama pants, flip flops, and big Elvis sunglasses.....so i fit right in......LOL
Hey! I saw your photo on people of walmart!

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

People Like This