Wacky news.......... - Page 92
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wacky news..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #911
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8448 Times on 5050 Posts
Likes Given: 11007

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
They ought to just sell the house out from under her, and let the buyer "beware". Or have the house demolished.
That would be ideal but it's their HOME and I imagine they'd like to stay there and not be driven out by some looney. Though I do know couples who have retired and couldn't get that last kid out of the house and have done just that. "We are retiring to *wherever* and we are selling the house. You are going to have to find somewhere else to live."

On the other hand, the intruder who won't go away is probably crazy enough to do stupid things to people viewing the house thereby making it impossible to sell. When I was house hunting, I looked at some homes that were currently being rented. The renters made sure when the Realtor came to show the house, the house was an absolute mess. That way the renters could be sure the house won't sell and they won't have to move.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 06-30-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-30-2014, 06:30 PM   #912
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 362 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
That would be ideal but it's their HOME and I imagine they'd like to stay there and not be driven out by some looney. Though I do know couples who have retired and couldn't get that last kid out of the house and have done just that. "We are retiring to *wherever* and we are selling the house. You are going to have to find somewhere else to live."

On the other hand, the intruder who won't go away is probably crazy enough to do stupid things to people viewing the house thereby making it impossible to sell. When I was house hunting, I looked at some homes that were currently being rented. The renters made sure when the Realtor came to show the house, the house was an absolute mess. That way the renters could be sure the house won't sell and they won't have to move.
People that do garbage like that are the reason you can buy 5' x 8' area rugs for cheap.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #913
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1279 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:

Yes ma'am. I had a house that I leased to some people who turned out to be not only a nuisance, but literally a threat to the rest of the neighborhood. It took me 7 months to get them evicted. When I went in to clean it up, there were holes punched in the walls and inside doors. The window screens were torn up. Plumbing fixtures and some lamps were missing, graffiti was all over the walls. The carpet was totally destroyed. But after I got it repaired and looking good again, I put it up for sale, and it sold within a couple of weeks. I'll never lease a house again.
People Like This 
Old 06-30-2014, 07:02 PM   #914
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
People that do garbage like that are the reason you can buy 5' x 8' area rugs for cheap.
I don't understand this post. What do you mean?

Old 06-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #915
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 362 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Quote:
I don't understand this post. What do you mean?
Those rugs are the perfect size for rolling up a body inside. So I'm told.
People Like This 
Old 06-30-2014, 07:45 PM   #916
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1279 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Plus, they will soak up a lot of blood, to save the trouble of a major cleanup.
People Like This 
Old 06-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #917
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

in some states, an eviction can take from six months to a year, with the evictee having almost more rights than the landlord.

another thing is, during the time to evict the renter, you are also not getting any rental income more than likely.

you get a renter who really knows tenant/landlord laws pretty well, they can strect the eviction out for a long time. in that time they can do lots of damage to the property, that your only recourse is to sue them, which more than likely, will net you about nothing, but maybe a judgement against them in many cases.
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 06-30-2014, 11:06 PM   #918
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Oh, man. I never thought of that. Sometimes you guys scare me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
in some states, an eviction can take from six months to a year, with the evictee having almost more rights than the landlord.

another thing is, during the time to evict the renter, you are also not getting any rental income more than likely.

you get a renter who really knows tenant/landlord laws pretty well, they can strect the eviction out for a long time. in that time they can do lots of damage to the property, that your only recourse is to sue them, which more than likely, will net you about nothing, but maybe a judgement against them in many cases.
In this case, the 'renter' is living in the house along with the owners. She just refuses to move out. I don't think she'll damage the house with the owners living there, too.
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 07-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #919
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default Wacky news..........

Bah. Very easy to fix. Buy the kids a drum set, a surround sound system, and a high school musical sing along game for the wii.

It worked like a charm on me. Mother in law bought all of it for the kids and I said.... "LOOK AT THE TIME! GOTTA GO TO WORK!"

Of course it didn't matter what I yelled at the top of my lungs. Everyone else was deaf and too busy running from the house in sheer terror to listen to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 07-16-2014, 12:03 AM   #920

Liked 1299 Times on 732 Posts
Likes Given: 560

Default Just Breath

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/07/14/study-says-smelling-farts-can-be-good-for/?intcmp=obnetwork

To put it another way, "smelling farts could be the best thing you do today," as per CNET. As the Independent explains, researchers at the University of Exeter discovered that while hydrogen sulfide—the stuff produced in the gut that causes gas—is toxic in large doses, it's actually quite beneficial in smaller ones.