Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wacky news..........

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #701
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
boatme98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mid Tennessee
Posts: 3,519
Liked 1722 Times on 1107 Posts
Likes Given: 877

Default

C3, in Landover, Md. off to the North side of Rt 50, there was a strip center that backed to the highway. In the middle of the back wall were two doors next to each other with the names of the businesses over them.
One was a veterinarian and the other was a Chinese restraunt.
I always wished I could have gotten a photo of that.

__________________

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
You do the math.

boatme98 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #702
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,481
Liked 1144 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 1680

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Woman-Drove-Herd-Cows-Orange-County-Arrest-Police-230530531.html



Cowit----cows, help me out here, there has to be a few jokes to be had with this.
The article says she "nearly hit" 2 workers. Is that a felony or a misdemeanor to "nearly hit" somebody?
__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #703
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,942
Liked 2194 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
The article says she "nearly hit" 2 workers. Is that a felony or a misdemeanor to "nearly hit" somebody?
Here all those would be misdemeanors.
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #704
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,425
Liked 7725 Times on 4459 Posts
Likes Given: 9957

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Here all those would be misdemeanors.
Here in CA we have Open Range laws. The person hitting livestock pretty much anywhere in the State is responsible for all losses to the owner of the livestock.

'Course most cops don't know that these days.

That being said, there is nothing to charge a person with for missing. I had a person once tell me I "nearly" killed them. I asked them if that was like "nearly" getting pregnant.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #705
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,942
Liked 2194 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Here in CA we have Open Range laws. The person hitting livestock pretty much anywhere in the State is responsible for all losses to the owner of the livestock. 'Course most cops don't know that these days. That being said, there is nothing to charge a person with for missing. I had a person once tell me I "nearly" killed them. I asked them if that was like "nearly" getting pregnant.
That's not just there. Anytime you screw up someone else's crap you usually have to pay for it. Here we list the owners estimated amount for insurance/civil court purposes, but unless it's something malicious like theft the value of the property damaged or stolen doesn't turn it into a felony. Money recuperated by victims is usually done so through insurance or civil court and not restitution.
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #706
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,425
Liked 7725 Times on 4459 Posts
Likes Given: 9957

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
That's not just there. Anytime you screw up someone else's crap you usually have to pay for it. Here we list the owners estimated amount for insurance/civil court purposes, but unless it's something malicious like theft the value of the property damaged or stolen doesn't turn it into a felony. Money recuperated by victims is usually done so through insurance or civil court and not restitution.
Open range grazing laws are specific to livestock and cover more than just that. I don't think any of it would be a felony though (except for rustling. I think that still is.)
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:03 AM   #707
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 6,979
Liked 2751 Times on 1893 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Default

She looks like her name should be Edna Crackhead..

__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
Vikingdad Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #708
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,481
Liked 1144 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 1680

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
She looks like her name should be Edna Crackhead..
Hey, give her some "respeck". If she is a crackhead she could be mayor of a big city in Canada (Toronto?).
__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #709
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,425
Liked 7725 Times on 4459 Posts
Likes Given: 9957

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Hey, give her some "respeck". If she is a crackhead she could be mayor of a big city in Canada (Toronto?).
Mayor Ford has to be the fattest crackhead in history. Just sayin'.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #710
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 1,209
Liked 746 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Mayor Ford has to be the fattest crackhead in history. Just sayin'.
Loved the guy but Chris Farley was known to hit the pipe as well.
__________________
nchunt101 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
are we really getting the news downsouth The Club House 21 02-24-2012 01:47 PM
Good News & (Not too) Bad News Viking Mini-14 Forum 12 07-03-2011 02:39 AM
Some Sad News cpttango30 The Club House 6 12-23-2008 02:24 PM