Wacky news.......... - Page 65
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Wacky news..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #641
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter

Check the reflection in the window.....
We're Going there for the "Corner" festival next Weekend, but I first "stood " there 7 years ago...and have seen them play it all three times in concert....it's better if Don Felder was still there tho...they are down one of two Lead Guitarists without him...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 09-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #642

Liked 3239 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 426

OK, maybe not wacky. Perhaps we need a thread like this for aggravating/WTF/"I'm pulling my hair out" style news?
Anyway, this story gets my goat:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/ex-nfl-star-face-lawsuits-parents-house-crashing-teens-article-1.1462008#ixzz2fTkR5gBP
Quote:
If Brian Holloway thought the hundreds of teenagers who destroyed his home were ruthless, wait until their families are through with him.
Several parents are reportedly considering lawsuits against the former NFL star after he posted their children's names on a website created in the wake of the Labor Day weekend house party.
The website, www.helpmesave300.com, identifies over 100 of the estimated 300 house-crashers who trashed his upstate New York residence, and includes photos and tweets that documented the reckless destruction.
But rather than apologize to Holloway for their children's behavior, some parents have contacted their lawyers to see what legal action they can take against the former Patriots and Raiders offensive lineman, local affiliate ABC News 10 reported.
Parents have threatened me," Holloway, a three-time Pro Bowler and Super Bowl XX veteran, told ABC News, "Your kids are in my house breaking and stealing my stuff and you are mad at me because I posted pictures that they took and posted themselves of them partying and tearing things up?" Even more troubling for Holloway is the fact that he offered parents the chance to make amends for the estimated $20,000 in damage caused to his house, including smashed windows and glass doors, urinated carpets, holes in the ceilings, as well as a stolen eagle statue that was part of a memorial for his stillborn grandson.
The former grid iron star is holding a picnic for veterans at the home on Saturday, and invited the rowdy teens and their parents to help him clean the house.

"Come out and help set up, fix up, bring food, and picnic stuff, so we can honor these real HEROS," he wrote on his website. "I'm here. Come now. Take a stand for your future. This is called redemption."

Holloway told CNN Friday he was coming to the situation as a father, not a punishing former offensive lineman.
RELATED: EX-NFL PLAYER'S HOME TRASHED BY HUNDREDS OF PARTYING TEENS
"There are 300 lives at stake," Holloway said on the show "New Day." "I don't want to be standing over one of these kids' caskets 30 years from now."
The invitation fell on deaf ears.
"I expected 100 parents to show. Only one showed up," he told ABC News.
Had more of them taken up Holloway on his offer, they would have seen evidence of illegal drug and alcohol use in addition to random acts of violence.
"You can see the scars on the floor from where the keggers were brought through. The carpet, there was beer liquor and everything else you can think of, so we had to remove the carpet."
Holloway, who was in his primary residence in Lutz, Fl., at the time of the party, hasn't decided whether he'll press charges against the teenagers.
So far no arrests have been made.
Holloway said he hoped the incident would motivate more parents to check what their kids are posting to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
"Parents need to step up and go old school," he told CNN.
You have to wonder what parents are thinking. If it was one of my youngins' they would have been there the next day hung over, helping clean.
Little Biff or Buffy's Ivy League aspirations or other such considerations should be secondary. Kids need to be taught they own their f#&%ups as much as they own their successes, (hell, society in general would do well to learn it, for that matter.)
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 09-21-2013 at 05:44 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #643
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10741 Times on 4648 Posts
Likes Given: 1754

Depending on State law (varies place to place) parent of a minor is responsible financially up to a max $$$ amount for damages done by your offspring.

In all likelihood, he had insurance on the property. Let the insurance company claims staff subrogate against the parents. I work with some claims folks that would confound a DNA analysis- part pit bull, part alligator, part wolverine.
People Like This 
Old 09-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #644
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10741 Times on 4648 Posts
Likes Given: 1754

Well, I ran across this one-

Bank of America foreclosed on a home.

Problem #1. Bank of America did not HOLD a mortgage on the home.
Problem #2. NOBODY held a mortgage on the home. Owners had paid cash for it.
Problem #3. Homeowners had sued BoA for their legal costs in winning their case- and had been granted them by the court.
Problem#4, It's now 5 months later, BoA has not paid the ordered legal costs, and were not communicating with the homeowners- Soooooo.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwj3QYcba5Y

Gotta love it!
People Like This 
Old 09-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #645
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

Problem #3. Homeowners had sued BoA for their legal costs in winning their case- and had been granted them by the court.
Problem#4, It's now 5 months later, BoA has not paid the ordered legal costs, and were not communicating with the homeowners- Soooooo.....

Gotta love it!
I remember that from a couple of years ago. Too bad it wasn't more common. Lots of people were and are getting wrongfully burned and the banks are not being held accountable.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #646
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8763 Times on 5237 Posts
Likes Given: 11634

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

Gotta love it!
A win for the good guys. That is one savvy lawyer.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #647

Liked 3239 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 426

More like "wacko news."

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/28/vegetarian-weatherman-so-devastated-by-climate-change-report-that-he-vows-to-never-travel-by-plane-again-but-that-aint-the-half-of-it/#comment-6082573

I'd say "man card revoked", but I suspect it was returned previously in the the same box his grapes were shipped in.
What is it about liberalism that turns men into sniveling little B!tches? This is a supposedly functional, educated professional...WTF. Not even a little intellectual skepticism? Its a UN report, the F__kin' UN, for crying out loud! The same group of idiots who stand by as spectators to genocides and can't do anything worthwhile without a commitment of US troops or at least a large pile of US money. The report by this group of corruptocrats has this moron on the verge of tears. Progressive wussification is further along than I'd realized.
On the plus side, he plans on not reproducing.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 09-29-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:21 AM   #648

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I think I'm dead.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 09-30-2013, 05:28 AM   #649

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I think I'm hallucinating.

http://collegedose.com/grandma-drummer-amazing-skills-like-a-pro/

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #650
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8763 Times on 5237 Posts
Likes Given: 11634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
That was amazing. She's definitely cooler than me.