Wacky news.......... - Page 62
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wacky news..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 02:49 AM   #611
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9077 Times on 5274 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I hope he was ready to go at that age!

Old 09-09-2013, 03:02 AM   #612
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2450 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Well, he was shooting at them. I kind of don't blame them.
+1. A bullet doesn't care how old or young the trigger finger that squeezed it off is. It just does its thing.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 09-09-2013, 03:07 AM   #613
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop
From the article they pumped gas under the door and used a destruction device (guessing flash bang) when they entered but the 107 year old man was not phased??? I can understand you need anyone who is actively shooting to stop and waiting for him to take a nap is absurd. I am scratching my head though that tear gas or something similar would have no effect. Sounds like either the news made some assumptions without facts.
One of the old timers told us about going on a call with an old man like that. He came out on the front porch with a .22 revolver and started shooting at them point blank. They dove off either end of the porch. The old man was cussing them the whole time and walking to the other end of the porch to shoot his partner when our guy shot him in the back with a .357 magnum. The old man said "Ow!" Turned around and started shooting at our guy instead. He got shot again in the knee and the partner still had to tackle the old off the front porch when he finally ran out of bullets. Nobody including the old man died. They put him in a nursing home after that and he would sit on the front porch and flip the bird at every cop car that passed.

Old people izz tough sometimes!

Bet a .357 to the back hurts more than clear out and a flash bang. I know I'd do more than say "Ow!" once and keep on doing what I was doing.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-09-2013 at 03:09 AM.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #614
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3219 Times on 1616 Posts
Likes Given: 421

Default This Is What Happens When Citizens Get Fed Up Over Speed Cameras

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/09/this-is-what-happens-when-citizens-get-fed-up-over-speed-cameras/

Quote:
Citizens across the country have grumbled about speed cameras, but someone in Wicomico County, Maryland appears to be making a physical — and political — point.
A photo posted on the blog SBY News shows a traffic camera that’s been spray-painted over the lens and tagged with the year 1776, the year the U.S. declared independence.
“Good for them!” blog publisher Joe Albero wrote.
Some commenting on the post seem to agree. Here are a few:
  • Everytime I drive past one, I secretly wish someone would do that. I would gladly donate to their bail if they get caught.
  • I love it then the top it off 1776 nice touch
  • Next, surveillance cameras for the surveillance cameras.
But others noted that this would be considered vandalism and disagreed with the destruction of the cameras, which take photos of license plates that get mailed with citations to offending drivers.
“Good for them? This is VANDALISM. Drive the speed limit and stop with the ‘patriot’ hogwash. This is criminal behavior, and it should be punished,” one commenter wrote.
According to WBOC-TV, speed cameras in Wicomico County raked in $40,000 for the police department last year, funding computers, a K-9 unit and uniforms.
This isn’t the only location in Maryland where speed cameras have come under attack. In Tacoma Park, a camera that issued more than 1,000 tickets in less than three months was spray painted black last month, WJLA-TV reported.
“We hate them! And this camera taking a hundred dollars here and a hundred dollars there. Money coming out and not coming in! We are gonna feel it — everybody feels it!” David McKenzie of Hyattsville told the news station.
Here’s the report on that incident:
Speed and red light cameras have spurred controversy all over the country, but Maryland specifically seems to have had some serious issues with them.
Last year, a lawmaker in the state suggested that if drivers could be fined for breaking the law, the speed camera company should be fined as well when it issues “bogus” tickets. At the time, at least five of Baltimore County’s 83 cameras were found to have problems.
In Charles County, nearly 3,400 drivers who paid traffic tickets because of the cameras that were later deemed illegal are now being issued refunds.
The city of Westminster ended up canceling its camera program after it found operating the system was costing the taxpayers money, not even breaking even.
TheBlaze reported in the past about a Florida judge who ruled red light cameras unconstitutional and an Ohio judge who did the same against a village’s speed cameras.
I have always detested the concept of speed cameras. Govt treats taxpayers as ATMs as it is. These things just stick it in a bit deeper.
By god, if you are going to ticket me, then hand it to me at the time, not a letter in the mail a week or so later.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 09-09-2013 at 08:13 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #615
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/09/09/this-is-what-happens-when-citizens-get-fed-up-over-speed-cameras/

I have always detested the concept of speed cameras. Govt treats taxpayers as ATMs as it is. These things just stick it in a bit deeper.
By god, if you are going to ticket me, then hand it to me at the time, not a week or so later.
There were speed cameras in one of my friends city. He and a group from his college took pics of all the city councilmen's license plates while they were meeting. Then they made fake plates on a school printer, taped them over their own plates and spent an hour or two blasting by every speed camera they could find.

The cameras were voted down shortly thereafter.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

People Like This 
Old 09-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #616
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 883 Times on 466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

There were speed cameras in one of my friends city. He and a group from his college took pics of all the city councilmen's license plates while they were meeting. Then they made fake plates on a school printer, taped them over their own plates and spent an hour or two blasting by every speed camera they could find.

Brilliant!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #617

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

I think I like your friend.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #618
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 9077 Times on 5274 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

There is a stretch of rural highway near me that I drive regularly that has had an excruciatingly slow speed limit of 30MPH for a couple of years now. I am still trying to figure out the right approach of civil disobedience that would work to protest it. It is patrolled, no speed cameras are used. The safe speed limit is 45MPH, the same road goes up to 45 when it crosses the County line and there is no remarkable difference in the road between the two counties.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #619
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post

By god, if you are going to ticket me, then hand it to me at the time, not a letter in the mail a week or so later.
Over here, you get it in a month or two.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #620
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8433 Times on 4538 Posts
Likes Given: 17850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I am still trying to figure out the right approach of civil disobedience that would work to protest it.
Signs disappear all the time. Vandals, kids, wrecks, scrappers...

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄