Wacky news.......... - Page 57
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wacky news..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #561
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I've read just about everything King wrote up until the last 10 years or so. Once he got off the drugs, his work just wasn't as good anymore.
Pet Semetary was the stuff nightmares are made from.
Met Stephen King at the Barnes & Noble in Sarasota , Florida once, he was sitting in the break area with his wife. My buddy and I said "Hello Mr. King" quietly and then left him alone, I think he was a little shocked that we didn't ask for autographs or act like fanboys. Funniest thing was he was checking out behind us and the cashier didn't even recognize him, even with his face on the front of the TIME magazine at the checkout!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 08-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #562
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8313 Times on 4805 Posts
Likes Given: 10774

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Met Stephen King at the Barnes & Noble in Sarasota , Florida once, he was sitting in the break area with his wife. My buddy and I said "Hello Mr. King" quietly and then left him alone, I think he was a little shocked that we didn't ask for autographs or act like fanboys. Funniest thing was he was checking out behind us and the cashier didn't even recognize him, even with his face on the front of the TIME magazine at the checkout!
I really have sympathy for celebrities who honestly do not seek the spotlight. I know a couple and the "deer in the headlights" look is always on their faces when you just say "Hi". I usually try to let them see me first rather than getting their attention. I always feel bad for that millisecond before recognition.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #563
Resident JackHole

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I've read just about everything King wrote up until the last 10 years or so. Once he got off the drugs, his work just wasn't as good anymore.
Pet Semetary was the stuff nightmares are made from.
Read Duma Key.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #564
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 723 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 1704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy View Post
Read Duma Key.
I was looking at that in Books-A-Million not long ago, and thought it might be good. I have a $50 gift card from Amazon to spend on something.

I remember when Thinner was published. I told my sister that Richard Bachman sure wrote just like Stephen King.

You ever read the short story Night Shift? That was spooky as he!!. And the story with the Mangler. Guy has the most weird imagination of any writer I know.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #565

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

This floors me! Pardon the pun. Spain is nearly finished with a new 47 story skyscraper. Anyway, they only recently realized there is no elevator shaft. None on the blueprint.. none built...no mention of stairs either.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/builders-forgot-elevator-shafts-finished-skyscrapper-article-1.1422685

article-2387853-1b37d98a000005dc-379_634x394.jpg  

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 08-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #566
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Maybe they could build an elevator or two on the outside of the buildings with a hatch for each floor. Or maybe to get from the top to the ground they could use their sombreros as parachutes.
Or maybe they could dangle some ropes from the roof and leave some of the windows open...

Old 08-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #567
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8313 Times on 4805 Posts
Likes Given: 10774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
This floors me! Pardon the pun. Spain is nearly finished with a new 47 story skyscraper. Anyway, they only recently realized there is no elevator shaft. None on the blueprint.. none built...no mention of stairs either.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/builders-forgot-elevator-shafts-finished-skyscrapper-article-1.1422685
I had heard that the building was originally designed for 30 floors and had elevators up to that level, but they later decided to go higher and forgot to design in the elevators for the upper floors. Still a major fuk up, but not quite as bad......

Nah. It is still monumentally stupid.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Sonic82 Likes This 
Old 08-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #568
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2869 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 302

Default Man Claiming to Be Michelle Obama’s Adopted Son Arrested

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/14/man-claiming-to-be-michelle-obamas-adopted-son-arrested-after-trying-to-withdraw-money-from-her-bank-account/
Quote:
When Johnny Gooden Jr. recently went to a Chase bank in Bryan, Texas, he had a story for the teller that was so unbelievable and so outlandish that it inevitably ended up landing him behind bars. Claiming that he is first lady Michelle Obama’s newly-adopted son, Gooden, 29, purportedly requested access to her bank account.
Johnny Gooden Jr. allegedly tried to access Michelle Obama’s bank account.
But there were two main problems with his story: He’s not Obama’s son — and the first lady apparently doesn’t have an account at Chase.
In a probable cause statement, the Houston Chronicle reports that the man “remained at the bank even though the bank advised him that there was no such account.” The teller, clearly sensing that something wasn’t quite right, alerted the authorities that Gooden was asking to access Obama’s account.
But the story gets even odder.
After police arrived at the bank, Gooden apparently told them that the first lady had contacted him through Facebook and adopted him (again, he’s 29-years-old, so it’s unclear why he would be taken under the first family’s wings).
Once police began challenging his story, the Chronicle reports that he stopped talking, however his problems intensified once authorities searched him.
During the incident, which unfolded on Saturday, police found marijuana in one of Gooden’s pockets, so he has now been charged with possession. Additionally, he has warrants that are outstanding over past instances of resisting arrest and assaulting a public servant.
As of Sunday, The Eagle reported that the man was still being held at Brazos County Jail on $52,000 bail. His marijuana charge is a Class B misdemeanor and could end up landing him in jail for six months. Resisting arrest, a Class A misdemeanor, carries up to a year in jail — and assaulting a public servant is a third-degree felony.
This latter charge, as The Eagle notes, could land him in prison for up to a decade.
Very strange...wacky even.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 08-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #569
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 362 Posts

I kinda want to start a page called, " people going to hell" for this one.

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/NEIGHBORS-WANT-FAMILYS-HANDICAP-RAMP-REMOVED-218930251.html?abc=C1XL2RgR&device=phone

Old 08-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #570
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Default Genetic Engineering?

Central Pa. farmer's corn crop yields 4-headed ear

From Associated Press
August 14, 2013 4:08 PM EST
HANOVER, Pa. (AP) — When farmer Ben Klunk tells people about the mutant corn he found, they're all ears.

Klunk said Wednesday he discovered an ear of sweet corn with four heads on his central Pennsylvania farm and has been keeping it in his refrigerator.

Klunk said that when he pulled the corn out of the crop he initially thought there was mud holding it together, but his wife said that wasn't the case.

"It started out as one," Marie Klunk said, "and then it split, and then another one split."

The farmer, who's 81, said he's never seen corn multiply in such a way: He'd never found a double- or triple-headed ear of corn, let alone a quadruple one.

"And I've pulled a lot of sweet corn!" he said.

The Klunks said they don't plan to eat the corn, which was pulled from their farmland in Hanover, 20 miles southwest of the state capital, Harrisburg, and was first reported by The Evening Sun newspaper. They said if it stays fresh for another 10 days they'll enter it into a contest at the South Mountain 4-H Fair.

But the Klunks aren't sure it'll last that long in the refrigerator and suspect it's already turning. If that happens, they said, they'll just throw the mutated husk away.