Wacky news.......... - Page 55
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wacky news..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #541
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3231 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Default I thought this was a joke at first.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/26/this-is-what-happens-when-a-criminal-tries-to-rob-a-gun-store-with-a-bat/

Quote:
Common sense is apparently hard for some criminals. Take for example, 22-year-old Derrick Mosley, who reportedly attempted to rob an Oregon gun shop on Thursday armed with a baseball bat.
According to various news reports, Mosley strolled into Discount Gun Sales in Beaverton, Ore., with his baseball bat and criminal intent. He reportedly smashed a display case and attempted to steal a firearm.
The manager of the gun shop drew his own firearm which, unlike the one Mosley attempted to steal, was loaded. The manager trained his gun on Mosley and ordered him to drop the bat, the unloaded gun he was trying to steal and the 9-inch knife he was carrying. The first smart thing the crook did that day was comply with those commands.
The gun shop manager was still holding Mosley at gunpoint when the sheriff’s department arrived. The would-be robber was arrested and charged with first-degree robbery, first-degree theft, unlawful possession of a firearm and second-degree criminal mischief. His bail was set at $250,000, KATU reports.
Additionally, Mediaite’s Andrew Kirell also found Mosley guilty of “the mental crime of thinking a bat would be an effective tool for robbing a store full of guys with guns.”
Brought a bat & knife to rob a gun store. Didn't really think that one through did ya...dumb-@ss? Lemme guess...next stop was going to be: Rob the doughnut shop next door to the police station? Was that before or after peeing on the electric fence?
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand
rocshaman Likes This 
Old 07-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #542
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10430 Times on 4498 Posts
Likes Given: 1656

Ah!!! Good old KATU! The folks that brought us the story of the Late Great Whale of Lane County Oregon!

Note of STRONG Caution- do not try this at home!!!

People Like This 
Old 07-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #543
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8554 Times on 5105 Posts
Likes Given: 11190

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Ah!!! Good old KATU! The folks that brought us the story of the Late Great Whale of Lane County Oregon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_t44siFyb4

ROFLMAO.......that was great.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #544
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_t44siFyb4
That news reel never gets old!

Old 07-27-2013, 02:03 AM   #545
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1228 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 789

holy crap! in this day would we even consider such a thing..haha.. I wish!!.. "now tommy be sure to be kind to other kids, and don't try to get the other boys to blow up a whale okay?"

lmao
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-27-2013, 03:29 AM   #546
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/26/this-is-what-happens-when-a-criminal-tries-to-rob-a-gun-store-with-a-bat/

Brought a bat & knife to rob a gun store. Didn't really think that one through did ya...dumb-@ss? Lemme guess...next stop was going to be: Rob the doughnut shop next door to the police station? Was that before or after peeing on the electric fence?
Has anyone ben able to figure out WHERE The H&*^ these people come from??
Sounds like the "Wackish Doodle" in our town last yr. who tried to Rob an On-duty Cty. Sheriff's Deputy with a Hunting Knife..
The Cop pushed his "Panic Button" on his radio and within a few moments half the Deputies in the county as well as 8 Cottonwood city cops surrounded him...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-27-2013, 05:29 AM   #547
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post

Gads, gonna have to check the family tree research and make sure that stupid individual isn't there.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 07-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #548
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8554 Times on 5105 Posts
Likes Given: 11190

This isn't wacky. This so very touching. I cried.

http://www.today.com/news/dying-father-has-last-first-dance-daughter-6C10703525

Here is the song I danced with my son at his wedding. The Mother/son dance. I cried.

Yeah, I cry pretty easily.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 07-27-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #549
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Turkish officials clear bird of spying for Israel
From Associated Press
July 26, 2013 11:08 AM EST
ISTANBUL (AP) — A bird of prey found in a Turkish village has been cleared of local suspicion it was aiding Israeli spies.

The private Dogan news agency reported Friday that villagers in a rural town in central Turkey found the kestrel this week and delivered it to local authorities after discovering a leg band marked "24311 Tel Avivunia Israel." Such bands are often used to track bird migrations.

Authorities confirmed in a statement that they released the bird into the wild Thursday after x-rays performed at a veterinary hospital found that "there was no other device" attached to the bird aside from the leg band.

Dogan, which published a copy of the x-ray record, says medical staff labeled it "Israeli Spy." It was not immediately clear whether the label was tongue-in-cheek.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #550

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Mmmm! What's for lunch today? ....man..what's happening to our world?
http://news.silobreaker.com/hamburger-made-of-test-tubegrown-beef-from-stem-cells-of-slaughtered-cow-to-be-cooked-and-eaten-this-week-5_2266991346013175808

The Quarterpound McBarf.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Last edited by Sonic82; 07-28-2013 at 12:38 PM.