Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wacky news..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #501
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7727 Times on 4460 Posts
Likes Given: 9960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Germans curse in English a lot. It is even in their mass media. When some try to be "cool" with me, they will start cursing in English. They say **** and **** a lot.
Stupid Krauts. why can't they just say Scheißesturm?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 07-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #502
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Germans curse in English a lot. It is even in their mass media. When some try to be "cool" with me, they will start cursing in English. They say **** and **** a lot.
I work with a younger woman who was born and raised in India. She is an awesome lady and we get along well. When she gets mad she says, "crap" but it comes out something like this (roll the r's)........crrrrrrrrap. I always laugh, then she laughs and then she's not mad anymore.
Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 07-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #503
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Stupid Krauts. why can't they just say Scheißesturm?
I am waiting for a German to say cluster **** to me.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #504

Several years ago I worked in a shop where a few Vietnamese mechanics worked. One of them, Hai Nguyen, had atrocious English skills, having come here with the "boat people" in the 1970's/1980's and then living in the enormous Viet community in the LA area, he didn't learn English very well until he worked with me. I was always helping him with pronunciation and grammar and before long he would come to me for all of his language questions. One day he came to me and asked me something about a shifter part, but the way he said it it sounded like he said "sipter" (note that in his native language they do not have many of the sounds we find in English, so it is very challenging for ESL speakers to say many of the words we have. Also, English to Vietnamese and vice-verse is one of the more difficult linguistic challenges out there).

Anyhow, i couldn't quite understand what he was saying between my poor hearing and his poor English, so he wrote it down so I could read it. I looked at what he wrote and with a bit of frustration (and my voice often sounds a bit frustrated to begin with, so I sound downright angry when I am truly frustrated) I said "Say 'Sh!t'!" and he, a bit alarmed by my apparent anger, blurts out a perfect 'Sh!t!!!', well, a few of the other mechanics took notice of the activity, and of Hai swearing at me, so they cam over to see what was going on.

Next I said "OK, now say 'fu*k!'" and he blurts out a perfect 'fu*k!!!' (by now he is grinning because this big Viking-looking dude is telling him to swear at work!).

Then I tell him to say each word again, together and he does. The I tell him to take the 'sh' sound from sh!t and the "fff" sound from fu*k and put them together, then finish with a "ter" and he said a perfect "shifter" to well-earned applause from the crew.

Hai was quite proud of his newly discovered pronunciation tools and for a long time afterwards you could her him muttering aloud "Sh!t fu*k" as he walked around the shop.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
People Like This 
Old 07-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #505
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2553 Times on 1279 Posts
Likes Given: 243

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Police-Man-leaves-pig-wearing-sweatpants-trapped-in-hot-car-214053231.html
Quote:
Police: Man leaves pig wearing sweatpants trapped in hot car

SEATTLE -- Bringing just a touch of the absurd to the usual, tragic summertime story of pets left alone in hot cars, one of the animals found unattended by officers Saturday in Seattle was a pig wearing sweatpants.

According to the Seattle Police Department, a passerby called 911 around 9 p.m. when they saw a small dog and a half-naked pot-bellied pig in a car.

The passerby opened the car's unlocked doors to get the animals some air, but with outside temperatures around 86 degrees officers still arrived to find the dog panting and the pig lethargic, according to police.

In addition to the animals, officers reportedly found empty food and water bowls and feces in the car. Plus, the owner of the car left his keys in the ignition, which is apparently illegal, according to police.

Officers gave the animals fresh water and then located the car's owner in a bar down the street, where he'd been for around 45 minutes.

According to police, the agitated man demanded officers show him where they found feces, and they did.

Officers reminded the man not to leave pets in unventilated spaces without food and water and turned the case over to Renton Animal Control for investigation.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 07-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #506
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Very strange, Indeed. Pig poop in his car? THAT'LL teach him to leave animals in his hot car. Pigs do not tolerate heat very well at all.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #507

Its illegal to leave your keys in the ignition? WTF?

It probably has something to do with preventing theft. I guess if you leave the keys in the ignition then anybody who takes it can't be blamed.

Quote:

Old 07-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #508

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Ahhh good to see Seattle making the news.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #509
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

What a terrible story.........

http://news.msn.com/videos/?ap=True&videoid=f4fada6c-d0bb-1f57-b658-ab57ae2f60f6

Old 07-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #510
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2553 Times on 1279 Posts
Likes Given: 243

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/03/superhero-husband-hogties-burglar-leaves-him-in-the-yard-for-police-and-goes-to-work-as-planned/
Not your typical HD story.
Follow link for pics.
Quote:
While attempting to break into the home, Cole was “bum-rushed” by the homeowner. The homeowner, who was described as a “superhero” by his wife, then hogtied the suspected burglar, left him in the front yard for police and went to work.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Last edited by Overkill0084; 07-04-2013 at 03:26 PM.
People Like This