Wacky news.......... - Page 42
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wacky news..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #411
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
This billboard on the corner of Ontario and Clark in Chicago is stirring up some heat. In more ways that one. And why the heck did they blur out the word "blow"? Is that a dirty word? On the real sign, it is not blurred out.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Sheens-Ex-Goddess-Stars-In-Racy-Chicago-Billboard-191066381.html
Going down.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/545/article/p2p-74500661/

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 02-21-2013, 02:46 AM   #412
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8486 Times on 4912 Posts
Likes Given: 11040

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Oh Good Lord. Seriously? "Families with young children" complained? Are these kids asking "Mommy? What's a blow job?" and if they are, what does the mommy answer with? The answer mom gives them is a more important issue than these people getting their panties in a wad over the billboard itself. (besides, I see worse advertisements all the time in San Francisco).

I remember when Bill Clinton was impeached. The whole nation found out what a blow job is. I had to explain it to my elderly grandmother. We all survived just fine.

The bigger issue here is why do so many people the need to seek out these anonymous hook-ups? I mean seriously, how many of you have called that number on the bathroom wall that says "for a good time, call Trixie: 555-1212"? (OK, I just made that up in my head just now. Don't try to call it 'Gello.)

That's all this billboard is IMO, a big bathroom wall joke.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:02 AM   #413

Holee chit!

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/02/this-guys-car-got-stuck-at-125mph-for-an-hour/273140/

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 02-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #414
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

K that would be scary. How hard was that calling the police while doing over 100 mph??!!

Mines not as scary but it does involve hilarious injury and gun safety!

LEHIGH ACRES, Fla., Feb. 5 (UPI) -- Authorities in Florida said a man was hospitalized with burn wounds after accidentally shooting himself in the groin with a flare gun.

The Lee County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded to a medical assistance call Sunday in Lehigh Acres and arrived to find Jorge Perez, 23, with multiple burns and lacerations on his genital region, WZVN-TV, Fort Myers, reported Tuesday.

Perez told deputies he had loaded the flare gun and set it down Sunday. He later picked it up and, forgetting he had loaded it, fired it at the ground.

The man said the flare bounced off the floor and struck him in the genitals.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2013/02/05/Man-shoots-self-in-groin-with-flare-gun/UPI-73451360097271/#ixzz2M2bTBTfZ

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #415

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

What are the odds? I imagine they go up purportionate to the level of stupidity.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #416

Who says they don't have any brains at KFC!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/25/student-james-lally-finds-wrinkled-kidney-brain-kfc-meal_n_2757933.html?utm_hp_ref=uk?ncid=GEP

Quote:

Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #417
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2967 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 328

Here you go, your "warm fuzzy" for the day.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/26/house-democrats-propose-department-of-peacebuilding/

Quote:
California Democratic Rep. Barbara Lee has introduced legislation to create a federal Department of Peacebuilding that would cultivate peace and take on the causes of violence and conflict.
Lee’s legislation H.R. 808 “Department of Peacebuilding Act of 2013″ also would create a Cabinet-level Secretary of Peacebuilding focused on creating peace and preventing violence.
“This culture of violence that we live in is unacceptable,” Lee said in a statement her office distributed earlier this month. “On our streets and across the globe, the pervasive presence of violence has infected the lives of millions, and it is far past time we address it as a nation. We invest hundreds of billions each year in the Pentagon, in war colleges, military academies, and our national defense universities all to develop war tactics and strategies.”
“Now we need that kind of investment in peace and nonviolence here at home,” Lee added.
The proposed department carries on an idea initially proposed by former Ohio Democratic Rep. Dennis Kucinich, who attempted to establish a Department of Peace.
“The Department of Peacebuilding advances the good work of my friend and former colleague Congressman Kucinich and has the potential to reduce suffering on a national and global scale while saving billions of dollars through violence reduction and increased economic productivity,” Lee added.
While the legislation’s text — which points out that more than 100 million people have died in wars during the 20th century and “at the dawn of the 21st century, violence seems to be an overarching theme in the world” — is not yet posted online. The Hill, which first reported on the legislation, obtained and posted a copy Tuesday.
The legislation would require the department to develop national strategies and programs to encourage violence prevention, and dispute resolution to reduce problems such as gun violence, racial and ethnic violence and violence against LGBT Americans and women.
The department would work with other agencies, sharing peace findings and assisting the international community in peace endeavors, including fostering conflict resolution initiatives.
The department would also create a four-year Peace Academy in the model of the military service academies, and offer grants and incentives for peacebuilding initiatives. The Secretary will also encourage Americans to observe and celebrate “Peace Days.”
The “Department of Peacebuilding Act of 2013” introduced Monday and Referred to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, currently has eight original co-sponsors, all Democratic.
Coming soon, "Summer Of Love 2," because that hippy crap worked out so well the first time.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 03-01-2013, 12:34 AM   #418
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9164 Times on 3957 Posts
Likes Given: 1435

Ref: Stuck at 125 mmph for an hour- He could telephone the police- but he could not turn off the ignition?

Sure, sounds good to me.

Damn good thing it was not a Prius. Gas mileage on those, he would have been in Moscow before he stopped.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 03-01-2013, 02:32 AM   #419
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 163 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Ref: Stuck at 125 mph for an hour- He could telephone the police- but he could not turn off the ignition?
or shift to neutral? i was taught to do that in driver's ed. there should be consequences to being stupid.

Brian

Old 03-01-2013, 02:32 AM   #420
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7337 Times on 4414 Posts
Likes Given: 9043

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Damn good thing it was not a Prius. Gas mileage on those, he would have been in Moscow before he stopped.