Wacky news.......... - Page 32
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wacky news..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #311
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8669 Times on 5011 Posts
Likes Given: 11254

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
Actually its something really sad.
Very sad indeed. I imagine the boy's mom couldn't afford black shoes, but the other stories about black kids being disciplined more frequently than others is either discrimination or there are other things at work here.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #312

Meanwhile, up in Marin County.....

<embed width="576" height="324" src="http://media.nbcbayarea.com/designvideo/embeddedPlayer.swf" flashvars="v=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcbayarea.com%2Fi%2 Fembed_new%2F%3Fcid%3D185750082%26path=//news/local" allowFullScreen="true" AllowScriptAccess="always" />

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 01-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #313
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3036 Times on 1518 Posts
Likes Given: 350

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10860154
Quote:
Django Unchained and Titanic star Leonardo DiCaprio says he is planning to take a significant break from filming and concentrate on his environmental campaigning.
In an interview with Germany's mass circulation daily Bild, the 38-year-old American actor said: "I am a bit drained. I'm now going to take a long, long break. I've done three films in two years and I'm just worn out.''
"I would like to improve the world a bit. I will fly around the world doing good for the environment,'' added DiCaprio, in comments published in German.
DiCaprio is currently starring in Quentin Tarantino's blood-soaked spaghetti Western tribute Django Unchained, which picked up two Golden Globes on Sunday.
He has also recently filmed The Great Gatsby in Sydney, directed by Baz Luhrmann and Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street.
He burnished his green credentials in the Bild interview, saying: "My roof is covered with solar panels. My car is electric. A normal person does not drive more than 50km a day. That can be done with a plug.''
Three films in two years. Will he survive this horrific workload? Hollywood sweatshops, the horror!
"...fly around the world doing good for the environment." Say what? Apparently telecommuting for the good of the environment won't cut it. Maybe Al Gore will loan him a jet.

"My roof is covered with solar panels. My car is electric. A normal person does not drive more than 50km a day. That can be done with a plug.''
http://youtu.be/RmwqnqL3Hbg
NRA Life Member

How will we know it's time to gather up the pitchforks & torches and start assembling the guillotine on the DC mall?
towboater Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #314

I never eat there, but this is just lame. http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/subways-amazingly-stupid-response-to-footlong-con

Especially the statement from Subway

Quote:
"With regards to the size of the bread and calling it a footlong, "SUBWAY FOOTLONG" is a registered trademark as a descriptive name for the sub sold in Subway® Restaurants and not intended to be a measurement of length."
Yeah, its not served in an underground mass transit train either you bunch of morons. The only reason they are 11 inches is because they cut costs and thought that people wouldn't notice.

How much do you want to bet that this triggers a website that people can upload pics of their sandwiches with a ruler next to it and Subway eventually has to cave in and call it something else. God knows that retooling for a longer loaf of bread would be too costly!

Quote:

Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #315
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 794 Times on 409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I never eat there, but this is just lame. http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/subways-amazingly-stupid-response-to-footlong-con

Especially the statement from Subway

Yeah, its not served in an underground mass transit train either you bunch of morons. The only reason they are 11 inches is because they cut costs and thought that people wouldn't notice.

How much do you want to bet that this triggers a website that people can upload pics of their sandwiches with a ruler next to it and Subway eventually has to cave in and call it something else. God knows that retooling for a longer loaf of bread would be too costly!
Sorry to burst your bubble but that was just baked by an untrained or lazy employee. The bread comes in frozen sticks of dough and they are measured by weight and all of them are about 10" long. After they thaw they are stretched to fit the pan which is 12". Then they are placed in a humidifier to rise then baked. If done properly they will be longer than a foot by at least an inch, but they are all the same amount of dough. Furthermore if allowed to rise too long they can get pretty huge but your not getting anymore or less. My dad owned a Subway for about a decade while I was growing up, I'm pretty sure I've eaten more sandwiches than "Jared"!!!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but that was just baked by an untrained or lazy employee. The bread comes in frozen sticks of dough and they are measured by weight and all of them are about 10" long. After they thaw they are stretched to fit the pan which is 12". Then they are placed in a humidifier to rise then baked. If done properly they will be longer than a foot by at least an inch, but they are all the same amount of dough. Furthermore if allowed to rise too long they can get pretty huge but your not getting anymore or less. My dad owned a Subway for about a decade while I was growing up, I'm pretty sure I've eaten more sandwiches than "Jared"!!!
No bubble burst here. I figure if they sell an item that is called a foot-long it should be at least a foot long, untrained or lazy employees or not.

But I did learn something about Subway I did not know before! Thanks for that.

Quote:

Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 AM   #317

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Okay...
If it really were a foot long, New York would have to ban it, so get over it!

And, does anyone think a quarter pounder is really a quarter pound of beef?

Old 01-21-2013, 04:51 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Okay...

Isn't Subway supposed to be healthy food? I don't think that Bloomberg in his infinite ignorance would ban healthy food. Aw shoot, I just realized what I wrote. Bloomberg's ignorance knows no bounds.

Well, I never eat there either. But you are right, that is false advertising.

Quote:

Old 01-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #319

Liked 83 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Okay...

Actually the Quarter Pounder states that it is 1/4 pound before cooking. As to whether or not it is actually beef...your guess is as good as mine on that.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:58 AM   #320

Liked 83 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop View Post
I used to be the night manager of a Subway down in Florida, when they installed our humidifier and oven so we could bake our bread, took us a while to get the humidifier setting right so the bread would rise properly.