Wacky news.......... - Page 31
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wacky news..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #301
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

i too work in healthcare and we treat the cases that most hospitals cant and specialize in curing cdiff infections. the number one reason why cdiff is an issue in the hospital environment is because people are in an extremely weakened state from surgeries and hospital staff routinely fails to follow basic cleanliness procedures.

cdiff is everywhere and is likely on your hands now. normal healthy immune systems fight off cdiff with no issue it only crops up with people who are already sick or weak and cant fight it off. people who visit their sick relatives and touch everything without washing is a number 1 vector for infection. if you visit a friend or relative in the hospital after a surgery or illness try not to touch or hug them and if you must, wear gloves and wash hands.

avoid bringing them things from outside the hospital that havent been disinfected. it doesnt take much to get a cdiff infection started.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #302
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Default I didnt take your f**king phone!

MO tech, MO glitches, MO problems....LOL

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/las-vegas-man-blamed-lost-sprint-cell-phones/story?id=18212390

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 AM   #303
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 303 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Oh god. I'm gonna have to find my bombshell stories...

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #304
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2724 Times on 1354 Posts
Likes Given: 267

Default Florida Creep Pleads Guilty To Enema Tampering

Wrong on so many levels. I don't even know where to begin.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/enema-tampering-plea-789462

Quote:
JANUARY 18--A Florida man faces upwards of 10 years in federal prison after pleading guilty this week to a revolting product tampering scheme in which he returned used enemas to the CVS pharmacy where he purchased the items.
Ronald Robinson, 35, entered his guilty plea to a single felony tampering charge during an appearance Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Jacksonville. A sentencing date has not been set for Robinson, who has been jailed since last year.
As detailed by prosecutors in a January 16 court filing, Robinson’s tampering occurred between April and June 2012 and involved his repeated purchase of enemas (six to a box) from a CVS in Jacksonville.
After using the enemas, Robinson (seen in the above mug shot) placed them back into their boxes, resealed the containers, and returned the products for refunds. The used enemas were then reshelved by CVS workers and later sold to other customers.
Robinson was collared after a CVS employee became suspicious about the frequency with which he was returning enema packages. On one occasion, Robinson told the worker that he had purchased the enemas for his mother, but “she no longer needed them,” according to a Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office report. When the worker examined the returned box, he “observed that all the enemas were used” and that the bottom of the package had been “re-glued…so that it appeared that it had not been opened.”
After learning of the tampering, federal agents identified “several purchasers of the used enemas.” Investigators subsequently identified “several more purchasers” of the tampered enema boxes. Court filings do not reveal how many of the CVS customers used the tainted enemas (some of which were found to contain fecal matter).
A Food and Drug Administration doctor advised federal investigators that infections and communicable diseases--like HIV, salmonella, and the hepatitis B and C viruses--could be transmitted via used enemas. Robinson’s guilty plea includes the acknowledgement that the tampering was done with “reckless disregard that another person would be placed in danger of death or bodily injury.”
In addition to a maximum prison term of 10 years, Robinson could face a $250,000 fine and a probation term of up to three years. A judge could also order Robinson, who has a lengthy rap sheet, to pay restitution to his victims. (6 pages)
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 01-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #305
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7012 Times on 4219 Posts
Likes Given: 8439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Wrong on so many levels. I don't even know where to begin.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/enema-tampering-plea-789462
That is one sick man.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #306
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8108 Times on 4682 Posts
Likes Given: 10476

This is only whacky because I cannot for the life of me believe that nobody took a sip. No freaking way that did not happen!

If any of you get a chance or have the inclination, take the time to read about Shackleton, I found the book "Endurance" to be riveting. Facsinating story in any case.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_NEW_ZEALAND_ANTARCTICA_SHACKELTONS_WHISKY?SITE= CAMAR&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #307
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7012 Times on 4219 Posts
Likes Given: 8439

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/woman-allegedly-smothers-boyfriend-breasts-article-1.1241258

Old 01-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #308

Be careful Fathead!

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 01-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #309

Is this whacky or is it something insidious?

http://news.yahoo.com/wtf-cops-nab-five-old-wearing-wrong-color-203600800.html

Quote:

Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #310

Liked 83 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Actually its something really sad.