Wacky news.......... - Page 29
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wacky news..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 01:31 AM   #281
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7817 Times on 4692 Posts
Likes Given: 9845

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
Fast way to get that under control would be charge them under the UCMJ as "Unfit for duty" and charge the guy that got them pregnant with something (I'm sure Article 134 of the UCMJ could come in handy here). Also stop discharging pregnant females from the service make them serve their full service time.
It was discussed on the radio station I listen to. Many thought it had something to do with not being deployed. But why so high in the Navy and not all the branches of the military?

Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #282
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11566

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
It was discussed on the radio station I listen to. Many thought it had something to do with not being deployed. But why so high in the Navy and not all the branches of the military?
Simple. Opportunity. Apparently the opportunities are more frequently available in the Navy. Either that or non-consensual sex (or rape to those of us in the real world) is out of control in the service. I have heard that rape/sexual assault is pretty common and that it frequently goes unpunished these days.

http://www.arlingtonwestsantamonica.org/MST.html

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #283

How about this?

http://in.news.yahoo.com/blogs/geekquinox/tsunami-bomb-rival-nuclear-weapons-tested-u-zealand-220152146.html

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 01-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #284

Liked 85 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
My guess would be having to serve sea duty and wanting to get out of it has a lot to do with it.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #285
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 187 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 9

well, there is a lot of sea men in the navy...

Brian

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 01-11-2013, 02:27 AM   #286
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7817 Times on 4692 Posts
Likes Given: 9845

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedpapa View Post

Old 01-11-2013, 05:05 AM   #287

Liked 85 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedpapa View Post
What's long and hard and full of seamen? A submarine!

Was stationed on the USS Holland AS-32 in Holy Loch Scotland from 6/79-2/82, was amazed at the ingenuity the sub crews took to break items that were supposedly unbreakable. Give them a tack hammer and an anvil and they'd have the anvil broke in an hour!

Last edited by JSStryker; 01-11-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
What's long and hard and full of seamen? A submarine!

Was stationed on the USS Holland AS-32 in Holy Loch Scotland from 6/79-2/82, was amazed at the ingenuity the sub crews took to break items that were supposedly unbreakable. Give them a tack hammer and an anvil and they'd have the anvil broke in an hour!
Why do the call camels "ships of the desert"?

They are full of Iraqi semen.

Quote:

Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #289
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3099 Times on 1553 Posts
Likes Given: 383

Quote:
I find this interesting. Maybe the Navy doesn't keep it's men and women busy enough? Why is the "unexpected Pregnancy' rate in the Navy so high?

http://www.stripes.com/news/navy-seeks-to-combat-high-rate-of-unplanned-pregnancies-1.203122
Hump like bunnies without due diligence...the result can't be "unexpected."
Unwelcome perhaps.
Unplanned might even apply.
Unexpected? Only if you're stupid.
If only half the crap I here stories about is true, military dorms aren't nearly as boring as we've been led to believe. As I understand it, that sort of behavior at sea is frowned upon by the navy.
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Old 01-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #290
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9567 Times on 4116 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Copy & Paste from Yahoo News-
A teacher from Mariemont, Ohio, is suing her school district, claiming discrimination. What makes the case unique is that the teacher, Maria Waltherr-Willard, suffers from pedophobia, a crippling fear of young children. She claims her disability led to the discrimination.

We first saw the news over at the Cincinnati.com. The paper reports that Waltherr-Willard began her career as a high school teacher, a position she held for decades. She was reassigned to teach in a junior high in 2010, despite, she claims, being assured earlier in her career that she would not have to teach younger children.

According to the Enquirer, pedophobia can lead to shortness of breath, vomiting and feelings of terror when around young children. Waltherr-Willard claims that she was discriminated against based on her age (she's 61) and her disability.

"It's a tough phobia. You can't really get away from [children] when you're outside," Dr. Caleb Adler, associate professor of psychiatry and behavioral neuroscience at the University of Cincinnati, told Cincinnati.com. Adler did not treat Waltherr-Willard.

The backstory, as described by the Enquirer, goes as follows: Waltherr-Willard taught foreign languages in high school for many years. Several years ago, word got to her that her district was considering putting those classes online, a move that would have had an effect on her position.

Waltherr-Willard apparently spoke to parents about the district's decision to eliminate face-to-face French courses. Parents spoke out, and the district was not amused that one of its teachers was stirring the pot. Waltherr-Willard claims she was sent to teach at junior high as a kind of punishment for speaking out. She eventually resigned her position.

"Good Morning America" reports that the lawsuit says "both parties agreed the phobia and anxiety disorder fell under the Americans With Disabilities Act and exempted her from future transfers within the school district."

Parts of the lawsuit have already been dismissed by a federal judge. Three allegations remain. The case is scheduled to go to court in early 2014.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.