Wacky news.......... - Page 27
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wacky news..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #261
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Concord Mass. bans single bottle water sales starting today.

http://www.countytimes.com/articles/2013/01/01/business/doc50e2f33898463067399356.txt
They probably did it so the city could sell more water.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Old 01-05-2013, 01:33 AM   #262
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8140 Times on 4699 Posts
Likes Given: 10510

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc View Post
They probably did it so the city could sell more water.
That was one of the reasons stated in the article
Quote:
They pushed a return to tap water, saying banning the bottles will cut down on plastic waste and reduce the use of the fossil fuels used to make the bottles.
Well, not stated, but implied.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #263
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
'Finger gun' suspension reversed

SILVER SPRING, Md., Jan. 4 (UPI) -- School authorities in Maryland have rescinded the suspension of a 6-year-old who made the shape of a gun with his hands and said "pow," a family attorney said.
The boy, a first grader at Roscoe R. Nix Elementary School in Silver Spring, had been handed a one-day suspension for making the gesture one week after 20 students and six staffers were shot and killed in the Dec. 14 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.
Montgomery County Public School official, in a disciplinary letter, had initially characterized the boy's gesture as a threat "to shoot a student," and said he had been warned "about a similar incident" that occurred prior to the gesture that resulted in the suspension.
Robin Ficker, a lawyer for the boy's family, said the school had not told the boy's parents what the previous incident entailed.
Ficker said school authorities rescinded the suspension and agreed to expunge the matter from the boy's permanent school record, The Washington Post reported Friday. Ficker said school officials informed the family Thursday in a letter critical of the boy's behavior it would reverse the suspension.
A Montgomery County Public Schools spokesman told the Post the district does not comment publicly on discipline of individual students.
Ficker told the Post the boy's mother "let out a whoop" when she was told the suspension would be rescinded.
Can you say "insane political correctness run amuck".

Last edited by rocshaman; 01-05-2013 at 01:37 AM.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #264
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2733 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 269

Default CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases

Hilarious. I just had to share.

Quote:
Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters.
“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.com. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”
Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.
So this week, as taxes went up for millions of Americans — which Republicans predicted throughout the campaign would happen — it was fun to watch the agoggery of the left.
“I know to expect between $93 and $94 less in my paycheck on the 15th,” wrote the ironically named “RomneyLies.”
“My boyfriend has had a lot of expenses and is feeling squeezed right now, and having his paycheck shrink really didn’t help,” wrote “DemocratToTheEnd.”
“BlueIndyBlue” added: “Many of my friends didn’t realize it, either. Our payroll department didn’t do a good job of explaining the coming changes.”
So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent. But like the holidays, the drop ended, and like New Year‘s, the revelers woke up the next morning with a massive hangover and a pounding head.
“Bake,” who may have been trolling the site, jumped into the thread posted Friday. “My paycheck just went down. So did my wife’s. This hurts us. But everybody says it’s a good thing, so I guess we just suck it up and get used to it. I call it a tax increase on the middle class. I wonder what they call it. Somebody on this thread called it a ‘premium.’ Nope. It’s a tax, and it just went up.”
Some in the thread argued that the new tax — or the end of the “holiday,” which makes it a new tax — wouldn’t really amount to much. One calculated it would cost about $86 a month for most people. “Honeycombe8,” though, said that amount is nothing to sneeze at.
“$86 a month is a lot. That would pay for … Groceries for a week, as someone said. More than what I pay for parking every month, after my employer’s contribution to that. A new computer after a year. A new quality pair of shoes … every month. Months of my copay for my hormones. A new thick coat (on sale or at discount place). It would pay for what I spend on my dogs every month … food, vitamins, treats.”
The Twittersphere was even funnier.
“Really, how am I ever supposed to pay off my student loans if my already small paycheck keeps getting smaller? Help a sister out, Obama,” wrote “Meet Virginia.” “Nancy Thongkham” was much more furious. “F***ing Obama! F*** you! This taking out more taxes s*** better f***ing help me out!! Very upset to see my paycheck less today!”
“_Alex™” sounded bummed. “Obama I did not vote for you so you can take away alot of money from my checks.” Christian Dixon seemed crestfallen. “I’m starting to regret voting for Obama.” But “Dave” got his dander up over the tax hike: “Obama is the biggest f***ing liar in the world. Why the f*** did I vote for him”?Of course, dozens of posters on Democratic Underground sought to blame it all (as usual) on President George W. Bush. “Your taxes went up because the leaders need to dig us out of this criminal deficit hole we are in which has been caused because taxes were too low during the Bush years. Everyone has to help by spreading the wealth around a little. Power to the correct people!” posted “Orinoco.”
But in fact, it was Mr. Obama who enacted the “holiday,” and, to be clear, the tax cut that he pushed throughout the campaign — remember? 98 percent of Americans will get a cut under his plan? — was really the extension of the Bush tax cuts. Thus, it was Mr. Obama who raised taxes on millions of Americans, not Mr. Bush.
How many Americans? The nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington put the total at 77.1 percent of all wage earners. In fact, “More than 80 percent of households with incomes between $50,000 and $200,000 would pay higher taxes. Among the households facing higher taxes, the average increase would be $1,635, the policy center said,” according to a Bloomberg News article. Hilariously, the tax burden will rise more for someone making $30,000 a year (1.7 percent) than it does for someone earning $500,000 annually (1.3 percent).
A whole new wave of Obama supporters still don’t even know: They’ll get their first 2013 paychecks on the 15th of the month. So when you’re shooting the breeze in the lunchroom with your grumbling co-workers on the 16th, just ask them, “Who’d you vote for in November?” When they say Mr. Obama, just tell them: “Well, you got what you voted for. You did know he was going to raise taxes, right?”
The looks on their faces will be priceless.
It would seem that elections have consequences, even for morons.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/?page=1

This seems to fit the situation:
http://youtu.be/kJ5k8JZiWnY
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
People Like This 
Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #265

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Since I refuse to pay a 33% increase for s/m from last year to this I can no longer take the time or trouble to go to browser and like your post overkill.

forumrunner_20121203_162948.jpg

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #266
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Hilarious. I just had to share.

It would seem that elections have consequences, even for morons.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/?page=1

This seems to fit the situation:
http://youtu.be/kJ5k8JZiWnY

Seems stupid is as stupid does. Anyone that voted for Obama fits that to a tee.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #267
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7025 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 8463

Default seriously...........

What the hell is WRONG with people? I just don't understand this. Does it look like he was shot with a shotgun? It looks like pellet marks on his face.

http://now.msn.com/dog-discovered-in-garbage-bag-after-being-shot-in-the-face

Old 01-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #268
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7025 Times on 4228 Posts
Likes Given: 8463

Here's a concept that's long overdue. Though when I belonged to a gym I liked to see the very fit men and women working out. They were an inspiration to me. Not to mention some good eye candy in the case of the men. But I could see how this would be just the thing some people need. I am overweight but I never felt anyone in the gym ever really gave a hoot who was and was not overweight. Everyone seemed to just go about their own business.

http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/overweight-only-gym-offers-judgment-free-atmosphere?ocid=ansnews11

Old 01-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #269
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8707 Times on 3767 Posts
Likes Given: 1339

I do not give a hoot if I am overweight, homely, or have terminal acne.

I don't have to look at me. THEY do.

Sucks to be them!

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 01-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #270
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8140 Times on 4699 Posts
Likes Given: 10510

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Here's a concept that's long overdue. Though when I belonged to a gym I liked to see the very fit men and women working out. They were an inspiration to me. Not to mention some good eye candy in the case of the men. But I could see how this would be just the thing some people need. I am overweight but I never felt anyone in the gym ever really gave a hoot who was and was not overweight. Everyone seemed to just go about their own business.

http://news.msn.com/pop-culture/overweight-only-gym-offers-judgment-free-atmosphere?ocid=ansnews11
That is a pretty big niche market I'd say!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.