Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Volunteered for police negotiator training

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2227 Times on 1447 Posts

Demand a real, live stripper, with real alcohol. Top shelf stuff.

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 11-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #22

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Well it was a LOT of fun and I learned a ton of stuff as well. They trained for about 3 hours, and I got my feet wet in the Crisis Negotiation techniques. I'll tell you what, even though we all knew it was fake, they handled it so professionally, and I was playing along as best I could, and it really did have a nice element of realism to it ... no farting around, no chuckling, etc.

And I didn't get a Ham Sammich, but I did get something much better for my hours spent w/ them - as much as I could eat at our local BBQ place (It's called Black Dog Smoke & Ale House) it was voted #2 in the nation for BBQ...and yes, it lives up to it =)

Anyways, it wasn't nearly as difficult to ad-lib as I thought it would be, I just tried to imagine if it were me, in that situation, what would I say and pull from things I've done in my life (when they were building rapport with me, we'd talk about everything from guns and fishing to video games, cars, etc)

Afterwards, I got to go inside the van and see all their gadgets and watch them in action. Enormous respect for those guys & gals...I was very impressed at their efficiency to gather information about anyone on the fly and use it in the real world...

Since the scenario we were working on was based on something that had really happened, I was impressed to see that their internal research guy (the one deliverying info as he finds it to the actual negotiator) actually found stuff about my character and the others involved, that not even the guy who put the whole thing together knew...caught me off guard because I had no idea how to answer some of his questions, LOL!)

If you ever get the chance to be a role player - DO IT. Apparently most PD's have trouble getting people who want to be involved.

I'm glad I did it, and can't wait to help out again.

People Like This 
Old 11-20-2013, 02:25 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16827 Times on 9751 Posts
Likes Given: 43887

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
Well it was a LOT of fun and I learned a ton of stuff as well. They trained for about 3 hours, and I got my feet wet in the Crisis Negotiation techniques. I'll tell you what, even though we all knew it was fake, they handled it so professionally, and I was playing along as best I could, and it really did have a nice element of realism to it ... no farting around, no chuckling, etc.

And I didn't get a Ham Sammich, but I did get something much better for my hours spent w/ them - as much as I could eat at our local BBQ place (It's called Black Dog Smoke & Ale House) it was voted #2 in the nation for BBQ...and yes, it lives up to it =)

Anyways, it wasn't nearly as difficult to ad-lib as I thought it would be, I just tried to imagine if it were me, in that situation, what would I say and pull from things I've done in my life (when they were building rapport with me, we'd talk about everything from guns and fishing to video games, cars, etc)

Afterwards, I got to go inside the van and see all their gadgets and watch them in action. Enormous respect for those guys & gals...I was very impressed at their efficiency to gather information about anyone on the fly and use it in the real world...

Since the scenario we were working on was based on something that had really happened, I was impressed to see that their internal research guy (the one deliverying info as he finds it to the actual negotiator) actually found stuff about my character and the others involved, that not even the guy who put the whole thing together knew...caught me off guard because I had no idea how to answer some of his questions, LOL!)

If you ever get the chance to be a role player - DO IT. Apparently most PD's have trouble getting people who want to be involved.

I'm glad I did it, and can't wait to help out again.
Awesome! i'm glad you enjoyed it and "survived" the encounter!

Old 11-20-2013, 02:29 AM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

ask for an autographed piece of rosie odonells underwear...

if i dont get the two leg hole circus tent with racing stripe peeps gonna start getting capped!!!! blood will be on your hands man!!!! (gotta use a crazy howard dean yeeeahhhh!!!!)

thats my best help

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 11-20-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ask for an autographed piece of rosie odonells underwear...

if i dont get the two leg hole circus tent with racing stripe peeps gonna start getting capped!!!!

thats my best help
dang Jon, that's just nasty and uncalled for!

Old 11-20-2013, 02:39 AM   #26
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 403 Times on 239 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
dang Jon, that's just nasty and uncalled for!
and yet gets you a guaranteed 5150 conviction and a life of long talks and pharmaceutical reality

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-20-2013, 03:19 AM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

its getting down and real with demands.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-20-2013, 03:21 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
its getting down and real with demands.
thank you, but no thank you!

i'll go with Primer's suggestion, strippers and alcohol!

Old 11-20-2013, 04:45 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2227 Times on 1447 Posts

It sounds like fun without the extras.

Did they give you a specific script to go by, or could you choose how to be an ahole in your own way? I would have to add to it just a little, ya know.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #30

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1
It sounds like fun without the extras. Did they give you a specific script to go by, or could you choose how to be an ahole in your own way? I would have to add to it just a little, ya know.
they gave general guidelines like "try to lead them here" but the script was all made up on the spot

that was the hardest part ... remembering all thethings you said 25 minutes ago

KG7IL Likes This