Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Volunteered for police negotiator training (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/volunteered-police-negotiator-training-100465/)

PrimePorkchop 11-17-2013 11:01 PM

Volunteered for police negotiator training

So tomorrow I'll be going in to help my local PD train their hostage negotiators. I get the role of the bad guy that they have to try and talk down and this is my first time ever doing something like.

I've been researching it quite a bit, because I don't want to screw this up (I know some of these guys pretty well, and wouldn't want to let them down!)

Anybody here ever been involved in this? Got any advice for doing things right the first time around? =)

TheSadPanda 11-17-2013 11:34 PM

Just watch The Negotiator with Samuel L. Jackson and you'll be fine :p. totally kidding, but really, I'm posting in here because I'm interested to know as well. BUMP!

Axxe55 11-18-2013 12:10 AM

ummm....act like a Bad Guy?:p

seriously, good luck and have fun!:D

KG7IL 11-18-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop (Post 1434277)
Got any advice for doing things right the first time around? =)

Don't give in unless you get a ham sandwich.

c3shooter 11-18-2013 03:55 AM

Went thru the FBI Negotiator course back about 1980.

Interesting course. Not going to give you pointers- except at some point, the negotiator will be considered to have failed, and then you get shot.:eek:

You might want to consider that. Will tell you this- 2 things you will never get- additional weapons and additional hostages.

Vikingdad 11-18-2013 04:07 AM

Sounds interesting. Let us know what happens (if you live:eek:)

KG7IL 11-18-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1434504)

You might want to consider that. Will tell you this- 2 things you will never get- additional weapons and additional hostages.

He brings up a very good point. The best deal that you will ever get is the one you had before the whole incident occurred.

Things just can't get better. You might take out some hostages by stealing their ham sandwich, but in the end, it always hurts. (sendto:Slips)

Wiseman3 11-18-2013 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG7IL
He brings up a very good point. The best deal that you will ever get is the one you had before the whole incident occurred. Things just can't get better. You might take out some hostages by stealing their ham sandwich, but in the end, it always hurts. (sendto:Slips)

It can get better, if you get you a helicopter to fly you to a deserted airfield with a jet to take you to a non extradition country loaded with a 1000 Disneyland churros.

KG7IL 11-18-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiseman3 (Post 1434565)
It can get better, if you get you a helicopter.............

He'll be lucky to get a ham sandwich.

Vikingdad 11-18-2013 05:30 AM

Hey Porkchop,
Ask them if they will give you more ammo, and in a bunch of different calibers. Ask for rifle rounds, pistol rounds, any caliber you can think of. Tell them you only have a few thousand of each and don't want to run out. It'll keep them guessing as to what you have! (besides, if they give in and provide it, maybe you can take it home?:D)