Virginia Hunters Stabbed in the back.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Virginia Hunters Stabbed in the back.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Default Virginia Hunters Stabbed in the back.

In Virginia we had a bill coming up that would remove the ban on Sunday hunting. That bill would have created almost 3000 jobs and added $296million dollars into the state Fish and Wildlife fund to help add more WMA's and help restore wildlife habitat.

It was shot down and died in comity in part thanks to HUNTERS. Yes HUNTERS the Virginia Dog Hunting Alliance (VDHA) went in and voiced a loud opposition to this bill because it would make hunters look bad. REALLY it will make us look bad to the non-hunting public. WHAT EVER. You see you can hunt coon on Sunday with DOGS only right now.

I am not sure why they would want to do this to all hunters in the state of Virginia. It just pisses me off big time. We need to support each other. Not be picking at each other. I feel it is unfair to use dogs to push and drive all the deer in an area into a trap where waiting hunters just slaughter them as they are running from the dogs. Just doesn't sound sporting to me at all..... I do however support their right to hunt with dogs as there is no law against it. Why can't they be supportive.

Hunting Virginia

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Here in NC you can't hunt on Sundays but there are some exclusions they introduced this year. The biggest being that you can't hunt on game lands on Sunday but private land is OK. There are a few other things but they are minor.

I personally have mixed feelings about hunting on Sundays. I don't want to be sitting in church or outside for a baptism and hear guys cracking off a few. If they're bird hunting it could be many shots. Outside of that I don't see why it would bother anyone. We do everything else on Sundays now so why not hunt too. I find it surprising that hunters would fight to stop Sunday hunting.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #3

I so understand the not wanting to here Bubba banging away at deer in or around church. I would be ok if you put in a no hunting on Sunday within say 2 or 3 miles or something like that.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That would work for me as long as it was enforced. Either that or make it afternoon hunting only but I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't like that.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2106 Times on 1139 Posts
Likes Given: 3168

VA and WVA have had the no Sunday hunting law for a very long time. Some counties in WVA now allow Sunday hunting.

BTW: OK allows hunting on Sunday. They trust us not to interrupt worship services with out shooting.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #6

Even afternoon hunting would be ok with me. I am not much for getting up before dawn to go sit out in the cold....

Old 02-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
VA and WVA have had the no Sunday hunting law for a very long time. Some counties in WVA now allow Sunday hunting.

BTW: OK allows hunting on Sunday. They trust us not to interrupt worship services with out shooting.
A good church that Sunday worships together, hunts, shoots and calls varmints together.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”