Viral Web site mocks Wal-Mart customers! - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Viral Web site mocks Wal-Mart customers!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
As long as there is an alternative business where you can purchase the same/similar product, it is not a monopoly. Today Wal Mart is clearly not a monopoly. Could they become one in the future? Perhaps in some locales, but not across the board. There are too many people (myself included) who would never buy many of the products they sell. I buy none of my food at Wal Mart. I buy none of my clothing at Wal Mart. I do buy a lot of my ammo there (all U.S. made BTW).

Probably the same for all the meat you can buy at a regular grocery store as well. We buy all our meat at a local butcher. It's quality stuff that is raised without hormones. Does it cost more than Wal Mart? I'm sure it does, but it's important enough to me to spend a little more. The butcher has a thriving business BTW, and there are two Wal Marts within 5 miles of his store.

If it can easily be turned into a full fledged monopoly you treat it as a monopoly. You have a vicious little puppy that has all the tendencies to become an overly dominant dog you treat it as a lower pack member and train it to be less dominant. You don't let it turn into a 120 pound giant with no manners. Here lets see what happens if I just keep letting this go the way it is. That's the reason we are losing our rights because too many dang people have just waited to see how it is all going to play out.

Some grocery stores have meats that are good for you and not full of steroids etc others don't as I have said I have done my research please do yours as well.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samples.32 View Post
... I have done my research please do yours as well.
Believe me, I have.

'Nuff said.

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation

Old 09-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #23

as long as wally mart sells bullets,they get my vote,targets sucks in my opinion!except for the hot dog combo for $1.99(who doesnt love hot dogs made out of chicken lips and buttholes?)

Old 09-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #24

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Samples you have done no research at all. Because first you don't even know what a monopoly or price fixing is. So please go learn that first.

Walmart 10 pack socks $9.00

Target 10 pack socks $10.00
These are Hanes for Walmart and Starter for Target. Comerable brands only $1 diferance. Not to bad I would buy either really just depends on where I am at at the time I need them.

I will not buy produce at wal-mart ever. Most of it is grown in southamerica and shipped to the states. SO by the time it gets to walmart it has been from the field to the truck to the ship 3 to 4 mayby 5 days on a ship then to port here and 2 more days getting to the store. That is 7 to 10 days after being picked. EWWWWW

I buy local produce when ever I can. We have a new Wegmans and they buy 90+% of their produce from local farms.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Samples you have done no research at all. Because first you don't even know what a monopoly or price fixing is. So please go learn that first.

Walmart 10 pack socks $9.00

Target 10 pack socks $10.00
These are Hanes for Walmart and Starter for Target. Comerable brands only $1 diferance. Not to bad I would buy either really just depends on where I am at at the time I need them.

I will not buy produce at wal-mart ever. Most of it is grown in southamerica and shipped to the states. SO by the time it gets to walmart it has been from the field to the truck to the ship 3 to 4 mayby 5 days on a ship then to port here and 2 more days getting to the store. That is 7 to 10 days after being picked. EWWWWW

I buy local produce when ever I can. We have a new Wegmans and they buy 90+% of their produce from local farms.

I have done no research? REALLY? I live with someone who does nothing but research this stupid ridiculous nonsense and expects me to do the same. I have been going over this BS for two years now and here you are to tell me that I have not done my research? I know what a monopoly is. I understand marketing and I understand price fixing. I know when something is dangerously close to becoming a monopoly and I know to call it as such. I could care less about target that was just an example. I don't know how much boxer briefs or socks are at either store guess what I don't shop at either of them nor do I care if you only buy one or two items from them. The point is is that walmart is HELPING (not doing it on its own) destroy an already terrible society. I also know that Americans are oblivious to what is going on for real. I am so sick of the "I watch Fox I know everything" society. Yes, because Fox has an unbiased opinion as does CNN and Infowars and any other news reporters. Look now you have me ranting *kisses tango* Punk

Old 09-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #26

Quote:
The point is is that walmart is HELPING (not doing it on its own) destroy an already terrible society.
And how are they doing this? By making consumer goods available at lower prices than their competitors?

And 'terrible society'? I'm lucky enough to have the chance to travel quite a bit. I've spent time in some 20 different countries, in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. I am always glad to come home, and there are very few countries I'd consider moving to on a permanent basis.

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation

Old 09-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #27

OMG!!!!! the cat car is from my hometown!!!!! ashland ohio!!!!!

"on the seventh day god created the model 700 for killing dinosaurs."

Old 09-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
And how are they doing this? By making consumer goods available at lower prices than their competitors?

And 'terrible society'? I'm lucky enough to have the chance to travel quite a bit. I've spent time in some 20 different countries, in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. I am always glad to come home, and there are very few countries I'd consider moving to on a permanent basis.

I have already explained this numerous times. And by keeping such low prices they are screwing over our economy.

Yes, this is a terrible society compared to our society 50 to 60 years ago. Now we have men that are controlled by there wives. Corrupt officials that go unpunished. Children that don't know their places. Male children that wear makeup. Women that get abortions like they get haircuts. Tell me we don't have a terrible society.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:11 AM   #29

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
I have already explained this numerous times. And by keeping such low prices they are screwing over our economy.

Yes, this is a terrible society compared to our society 50 to 60 years ago. Now we have men that are controlled by there wives. Corrupt officials that go unpunished. Children that don't know their places. Male children that wear makeup. Women that get abortions like they get haircuts. Tell me we don't have a terrible society.
If our society is so bad MOVE THE F U C K OUT. I am sorry by offering items at an affortable price is a bad thing. I think you need to take your meds again samples because you are not making a single lick of sense.

You complain because prices of guns and ammo are too high but wal-mart offers items at a low cost and they are bad. Where is the logic behind that.

Do I like the fact that 99% of the crap in walmart is made in china NO. But, to buy stuff made in america I can't afford to buy a shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

I drive an American car and it is a POS one window will not roll down the air dam in the front is hanging off the breaks went bad in 10,000 miles the tires (American) went bad at 20,000 I have 30,000 miles on it and I want to get rid of it. My wife drives a Toyota Matrix it has 150,000 miles on it and the first thing to ever go wrong didn't happen until 145,000 miles one door lock is broke. We paid roughly the the same amount for each car but mine has been in the shop 5 times more than hers.

So by your thinking Toyota having the better car at a better price selling more cars than Saturn (My car) has a monopoly and should be disbanded right?

So if I can build say a computer that is better and cheaper than dell and I push that computer and sell millions of units and offer a 5 year warranty with free parts. Build them cheaper and take a larger market share than another computer manufactures that I am a monopoly and should be disbanded. Even though Dell, HP, MAC, eMachines, and others are all still making computers that are using the same equipment as mine or clost to that and clost to mine in price.

I think it is funny that people complain about wal-mart buying things made in china where the hell do you this the all mighty mac is made?

Last edited by cpttango30; 09-06-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:14 AM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
If our society is so bad MOVE THE F U C K OUT.
Believe me I would, however, I am attached at the moment. I will have to get back to you.

Closed Thread