Viral Web site mocks Wal-Mart customers! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Viral Web site mocks Wal-Mart customers!


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

My wife and I probably shop at Walmart twice a year. We only buy stuff that's made in America. It's no big deal to me, I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole WalMart thing.

At least as of today we can still vote with our feet and our wallets. Now eventually, when Chaiman Maobama and his Minions of Darkness get GUM established, it will be a different story.
__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Old 09-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mrm14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 2,514
Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Well I'll have to say that I've seen more shabby dressed and awkward people in Wallmart stores than anywhere that I have ever shopped. That even includes K-Mart and Target, however, they come in a close second to Wallmart. I havn't shopped in a Wallmart for quite a few years now as I have found that weather it is American made or forign made most of their merchandise is junk. I do, however, buy my Fruit of the Loom Boxer Brief's at Target and thats all I buy there.

Last edited by mrm14; 09-04-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling
mrm14 is offline  
 
Old 09-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Robert NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mooresville,North Carolina
Posts: 193
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Spitty
Sam Walton started his company based on buy American, Sell American, Employ Americans. It is now buy everything overseas, sell it for a high price, and kill all other competion when they move into a town. Take Mooresville. There is really nothing else for competion.
Can't count Target. It cost more. They are french owned and don't support the Troops or Salvation Army.
__________________
God is Great, Beer is Good, People are Crazy

SOUTHERN BORN CONSERVATIVE REDNECK AND VERY PROUD OF IT

ARMY 1970-1971 MP SGT Nam
Army 1976-1994 MP/CID Agent 1SG
Robert NC is offline  
 
Old 09-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Default

I am sure that Sam is cursing his kids from above.


Still, one could say the same about Home Depot and other large 'box' stores. Until things change in trade agreements with the ChiComs, this is what we have. Don't blame the company for making profits, blame the unions!! I'm 100% serious!
__________________
From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Default

How is wal-mart a monopoly? Target sells the same stuff as does many other stores. Like Costco, BJ's ect.......

To be a monoply you have to be the sole provider of something. Like AT&T was a monopoly a government created one but it was.

Samples that has to be the dumbest thing I have seen you type.

They are big for a reason. They have a good business model. Don't hate walmart because they are making money you are not.

mo⋅nop⋅o⋅ly
  /məˈnɒpəli/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [muh-nop-uh-lee] Show IPA
Use monopoly in a Sentence
See web results for monopoly
See images of monopoly
–noun, plural -lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices. Compare duopoly, oligopoly.
2. an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
3. the exclusive possession or control of something.
4. something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
5. a company or group that has such control.
6. the market condition that exists when there is only one seller.
7. (initial capital letter) a board game in which a player attempts to gain a monopoly of real estate by advancing around the board and purchasing property, acquiring capital by collecting rent from other players whose pieces land on that property.
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Old 09-05-2009, 12:16 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Seriously?!? Has ANY of you studied Global Economics?!?!

The money you spend at Wal*Mart gets syphoned off, by way of taxes, bribes, leans and tariffs, DIRECTLY to the Chinese Government when Wal*mart, in all their cost savings to you glory, buys another shipment from the 3rd world sweatshop of "whatever the hot product of the moment" is.

The Chinese government, in case you missed it, has been using that money to buy up most of America.

Did you REALLY think they just made all that investment capital by growing Rice?!?!

Sweet Jesus People - Look around.
1252151637_cookie-monster-wtf-.jpg  
Dillinger is offline  
 
Old 09-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,282
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
How is wal-mart a monopoly? Target sells the same stuff as does many other stores. Like Costco, BJ's ect.......

To be a monoply you have to be the sole provider of something. Like AT&T was a monopoly a government created one but it was.

Samples that has to be the dumbest thing I have seen you type.

They are big for a reason. They have a good business model. Don't hate walmart because they are making money you are not.

mo⋅nop⋅o⋅ly
  /məˈnɒpəli/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [muh-nop-uh-lee] Show IPA
Use monopoly in a Sentence
See web results for monopoly
See images of monopoly
–noun, plural -lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices. Compare duopoly, oligopoly.
2. an exclusive privilege to carry on a business, traffic, or service, granted by a government.
3. the exclusive possession or control of something.
4. something that is the subject of such control, as a commodity or service.
5. a company or group that has such control.
6. the market condition that exists when there is only one seller.
7. (initial capital letter) a board game in which a player attempts to gain a monopoly of real estate by advancing around the board and purchasing property, acquiring capital by collecting rent from other players whose pieces land on that property.
Oh good grief. You don't think walmart controls prices??????!!!!! BS Walmart is everywhere. It is hard to find a place to live where you don't have a walmart within ten minutes of your house. I live way out in the country and I still have TWO within ten minutes of my house. Now, say you go to target to buy your boxer briefs and they are 3 dollars and you say forget this I will just go to walmart... Next day you go to walmart their price is 1.50... Now why is it that walmart can sell fruit of the loom for this price, but Target cannot... Oh yeah Target isn't AS huge as walmart and they have to stay OPEN. Target does not have the option of going up to 4 dollars on your fruit of the loom because walmart has such low prices target is barely getting away with the 3 dollars because of certain regular customers. But, Target needs to go up to that price because they are losing 25 cents every time they sell a package. Walmart is getting such deals from fruit of the loom because they buy in such quantities for their thousands of stores. (this is a rough example, but you get my point.) Walmart also has a real estate agency did you know that? Not to mention walmarts gas stations. Walmart is slowly taking over anything and everything that it can in ten years get back to me and then say that this is the dumbest thing I have ever written.
Samples.32 is offline  
 
Old 09-05-2009, 02:49 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cnynrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samples.32 View Post
Oh good grief. You don't think walmart controls prices??????!!!!! BS Walmart is everywhere. It is hard to find a place to live where you don't have a walmart within ten minutes of your house. I live way out in the country and I still have TWO within ten minutes of my house. Now, say you go to target to buy your boxer briefs and they are 3 dollars and you say forget this I will just go to walmart... Next day you go to walmart their price is 1.50... Now why is it that walmart can sell fruit of the loom for this price, but Target cannot... Oh yeah Target isn't AS huge as walmart and they have to stay OPEN. Target does not have the option of going up to 4 dollars on your fruit of the loom because walmart has such low prices target is barely getting away with the 3 dollars because of certain regular customers. But, Target needs to go up to that price because they are losing 25 cents every time they sell a package. Walmart is getting such deals from fruit of the loom because they buy in such quantities for their thousands of stores. (this is a rough example, but you get my point.) Walmart also has a real estate agency did you know that? Not to mention walmarts gas stations. Walmart is slowly taking over anything and everything that it can in ten years get back to me and then say that this is the dumbest thing I have ever written.
The scenario you describe is not controlling prices. It is market competition, which is the foundation of our economic system. It's true that Wal Mart has a cost advantage due to their volumes, but they didn't start out that way. They became more successful than their competitors because they did a better job managing their supply chain. They reinvested those profits in growing their business. That enabled them to get to where they are today. In short, they managed their business better than their direct competitors (K-Mart, Target, etc.). If you really feel so deeply that Wal Mart is bad, you are free to go buy your Fruit-of-the-Looms at Target. If enough people feel the same way and act on their beliefs Target will continue to be a successful competitor to Wal Mart.

Earlier comments were made to the effect the Wal Mart was responsible for the epidemic of obesity in America. Exactly what food is it that Wal Mart sells that isn't sold at every grocery store in America? Ultimately, people are responsible for what they put in their mouth. There are plenty of healthy eating options out there for those that care. You don't need to drink those 32 oz big gulps of high fructose corn syrup laden soft drinks people!

For those concerned about all our Fruit-of-the-Looms (or whatever) being made in China, I encourage you to read The World Is Flat, by Thomas Freidman. It is a real challenge, and one that should not be ignored here in the U.S. But, I'm afraid the horse is out of the barn on this one folks, and there is no getting it back. The 3rd world economies will inevitably want to rise to our standard of living, which will create lots of economic disruption here at home until they reach that level. The good news is that eventually they will reach our level at which point their costs of production should be no lower than ours, but that is probably going to take a good long while.

Edit: BTW, the only thing I buy from Wal Mart is ammo!
__________________
Dave

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation

Last edited by Cnynrat; 09-05-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Cnynrat is offline  
 
Old 09-05-2009, 03:04 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,282
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
The scenario you describe is not controlling prices. It is market competition, which is the foundation of our economic system. If you really feel so deeply that Wal Mart is bad, you are free to go buy your Fruit-of-the-Looms at Target. If enough people feel the same way and act on their beliefs Target will continue to be a successful competitor to Wal Mart.

Earlier comments were made to the effect the Wal Mart was responsible for the epidemic of obesity in America. Exactly what food is it that Wal Mart sells that isn't sold at every grocery store in America? Ultimately, people are responsible for what they put in their mouth. There are plenty of healthy eating options out there for those that care. You don't need to drink those 32 oz big gulps of high fructose corn syrup laden soft drinks people!

For those concerned about all our Fruit-of-the-Looms (or whatever) being made in China, I encourage you to read The World Is Flat, by Thomas Freidman. It is a real challenge, and one that should not be ignored here in the U.S. But, I'm afraid the horse is out of the barn on this one folks, and there is no getting it back. The 3rd world economies will inevitably want to rise to our standard of living, which will create lots of economic disruption here at home until they reach that level. The good news is that eventually they will reach our level at which point their costs of production should be no lower than ours, but that is probably going to take a good long while.

Edit: BTW, the only thing I buy from Wal Mart is ammo!

Walmart controls all of the prices of it competitors to the point at which it is a monopoly. it's not competitive pricing lol its walmart washing out their competition slowly like I said give it ten years.

Walmarts meats are full of steroids and do you know what they pump their chicken up with? Estrogen good yummy male hating estrogen which is why you find a lot of males having larger breast than women. If you think thats good for you then so be it. You men were discussing the female like tendencies of todays youth you think pumping them full of a female hormone helps? and yes a lot of stores do this, but walmart does it the most and the majority of people shop at walmart. I have done research on all of walmarts "alternative choices" such as the all organic and all natural foods... They are not all organic nor are they all natural. The USDA regulates it's organic and natural foods very lightly and allows some things to pass because they are "natural". And I did not say that walamart was the only one to blame. They are not not in the least but I throw walmart and mcdonalds up at the top.
Samples.32 is offline  
 
Old 09-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cnynrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samples.32 View Post
Walmart controls all of the prices of it competitors to the point at which it is a monopoly. it's not competitive pricing lol its walmart washing out their competition slowly like I said give it ten years.
As long as there is an alternative business where you can purchase the same/similar product, it is not a monopoly. Today Wal Mart is clearly not a monopoly. Could they become one in the future? Perhaps in some locales, but not across the board. There are too many people (myself included) who would never buy many of the products they sell. I buy none of my food at Wal Mart. I buy none of my clothing at Wal Mart. I do buy a lot of my ammo there (all U.S. made BTW).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samples.32 View Post
Walmarts meats are full of steroids and do you know what they pump their chicken up with?
Probably the same for all the meat you can buy at a regular grocery store as well. We buy all our meat at a local butcher. It's quality stuff that is raised without hormones. Does it cost more than Wal Mart? I'm sure it does, but it's important enough to me to spend a little more. The butcher has a thriving business BTW, and there are two Wal Marts within 5 miles of his store.
__________________
Dave

Lifetime Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Cnynrat is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
S&W M&P for $399 to qualifying customers canebrake General Handgun Discussion 11 09-11-2009 05:36 PM
SIR: Wal-Mart has a pant-load of knives. Whichizzit? Succinct Other Weapons 7 08-02-2009 09:10 PM
I had to share this (Wal-mart experience) Gojubrian The Club House 66 07-25-2009 01:58 AM
Wal-Mart To Tighten Gun Transactions HankStone The Club House 8 04-16-2008 08:25 PM



Newest Threads