Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > vigilante justice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 02:43 AM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19575 Times on 11109 Posts
Likes Given: 49283

one problem i have seen over the years is that the justice system to some degree is for sale to the highest bidder and treated like a cattle auction.

our justice system isn't dealing with criminals strongly enough. they hand out a ten year sentence that was plea bargained from twenty, they will by all counts only serve two and a half to three, getting three meals and cot and many other luxuries that are denied to many, such as free medical and dental care and also a free education up to and including college. this is justice for the victims? not in my eyes.

criminals need to be dealt with fairly but strongly. a ten year sentence should mean ten years, not two or three, just because they acted right while in the penal system. make prison a place they have desire to return to. hard work from sun-up to sun-down. they don't need TV's and radios. by the time they get back from working all day and working hard, all they will want to think about is sleeping.

too many penal systems have revolving doors. many of those who commit crimes have no fear of the justice system and many LAC's have lost faith in it. many think as i do, that it's a travesty of justice and it's about conviction ratio numbers and looking good for the press and when running for office again. those convictions numbers look good when campaigning for that office. they plea out known criminals for what they know they can convict on, rather than putting the effort into keeping the scumbag off the streets for a very long time.

yes i understand vigilante justice, but even feeling the way i do about our justice system, i still don't feel it's the right way to handle the problem. but what is needed is a complete overhaul of the justice system and the penal system and put the fear of God into the criminals again.

okay i'm getting off the soapbox now. thank you.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:07 AM   #22
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1473 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 7200

There are a few different ways of looking at what happened here. First off, the daughter should have reported the rape, and evidence should have been collected. trust me, medical professionals have ways to tell if drugs were invovled, and if both parties were willing participants. Secondly, but more importantly, why in the hell was she around this guy in the first place if he disgusted her so much? Any way you look at it, rape is rape, but she could have prevented it from happening, if it really did.

Bear in mind that this is coming from the father of a 16 year old daughter, who had this happen to a friend close enough to be her sister, and one of my own children. I can not even begin to fathom what she went through, but I would not wish that on anyone, even my worst enemy. The rapist was convicted because she reported it, evidence was collected, and she had the guts to testify in court, and I can honestly say that she did him a favor by reporting what happened. The police found him before her family and friends did. However, his sentence was a joke. 6 months in jail, 10 years probation even after 5 of his victims testified against him. As a father, I feel let down by the courts, and I can almost agree with what the father and friend of the girl in the article did.

Sometime the laws of man are inadequate, and the criminals are treated better than their victims. Justice is for sale, and those that can buy it have deep pockets. In the case of a rape, it almost always comes down to a "He said, she said" type thing, or the defense implies the "She was asking for it". frankly, those are both sh!tty underhanded tactics, but they are usually enough to provide a jury with reasonable doubt. This is why so many victims don't report rapes. This is why I can almost agree with what the father, daughter, and friend did to their "victim". You can't weasel your way out of an azz woopin' with a lawyer, and all it takes is reasonable doubt for a crime to go unpunished.

Was what they did right? No. Was it wrong? I really can't answer that with a yes or no. If the daughter had handled it right in the first place, the incident would have been investigated, and charges may have been filed. If the evidence was strong enough, he would have been convicted. At that point, if I was the father, I would have made a few new pen pals, and his sentence would certainly feel a lot longer than it actually was. Most inmates do not play well with rapists, and most are very tight lipped about where they get their information. If he was not convicted they would have been smart to wait and pick a time, long after he thought he had gotten away with it, then resolved the problem by other means. The suspect list would have been much longer then if he was as much of a scumbag as was alleged.

This is just MHO. I do not condone vigilante justice, but I do feel that, in certain cases, sometimes it is the only correct option. Just my $0.02, YMMV.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This 
Old 06-30-2013, 04:45 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2726 Times on 1596 Posts
Likes Given: 16694

The blood ties are enough to push anybody over the edge..! Denial , this would be a tough one for any parents..! When the impulse and anger diminish , hopefully , clarity..!

Wow , I hope we never experience anything like this ever..!

Old 06-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #24

Liked 1063 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Family deals Christian justice on scumbag. They should of sticked the bat up his ass though. Eye for an Eye. They are now facing charges by the liberal "we need to understand the criminals mind" and "the criminal is also a victim" justice system of the Peoples Republic of California

http://www.examiner.com/article/vigilante-attack-16-year-old-girl-charges-man-with-rape-defends-beating

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/98641-vigilante-attack-father-teen-daughter-to-stand-trial/
Christian Justice? You are kidding, right?

Is that the "turn the other cheek" part, or "cast the first stone type". Revenge, is old testament. Jesus taught new ways of dealing with issues.
Rape is a serious crime and should be dealt with harshly. Aggravated battery is also a serious crime. One crime does not excuse the other.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

dango Likes This 
Old 06-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Luke 22:35-38,
Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”
“Nothing,” they answered.
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell our cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”
The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”
“That is enough,” he replied.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #26

Liked 1063 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Luke 22:35-38,
Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”
“Nothing,” they answered.
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell our cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”
The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”
“That is enough,” he replied.

Apparently you did not read far enough:

47 While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him, 48 but Jesus asked him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?”

49 When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?”

50 And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.

51 But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.

Since we are speaking of revenge, I would also suggest you read this part:

To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 06-30-2013 at 05:44 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 06-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Jesus stopped the attack because he was destined to be sacrificed. There was no need to have his disciples protect him since it was to happen anyways. Plus, he needed his disciples to continue and not be prosecuted by the law. Jesus also did this when the disciples did not want to pay taxes. He feared for his disciples. He said to give back to Ceaser what is his. Jesus suggestion of carrying two swords is for self preservation. Today, one can interpret this to extend to one's family. Jesus did say turn ones cheek, but this is for transgressions, not for self preservation. Not protecting oneself from death is like suicide. Now that is a sin.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Oh, as far as vengeance, if someone hurt my family, there will be a world of hurt on them. I will not apologies to anyone, and I will live with my consequences. I will also make my plea with God when it is time to answer for my actions. Most likely I will beat any charges on me anyways. It has happened in the past, even in Germany.