Victim of Taurus - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Victim of Taurus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWinner View Post
Yea... the point of my posting was not to have everyone tell me I should have test fired before I carried. The point was to inform you that the PT709 is a POS! You are welcome! BTW, the dealer was so appalled at the condition of the firearm after I returned it to him that he gave me a FULL refund and apologized for selling such a POS.

Good luck with your Taurus'; I hope you don't depend on them!
You should not be so sensitive. You bought a gun you did not research, never even fired it after carrying it for a couple of weeks. I gotta ask, why did you even buy it? Price? Looks?

What you gonna buy next?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #22

Honestly in my opinion with any gun shop....they should have a small 15-25 yard range installed and have a test pistol that you can rent so you can find out if you like it.

But from what I understand Taurus is much much better than they were before....although I don't like their revolvers....I'd rather get a Smith or a Dan....but their 1911 from Taurus is golden.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:42 PM   #23

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I find it funny that the dealer is now disgusted. No issue before selling...Taurus is a fine mfr. Updated the facilities to CNC a few years back, and they do have a lifetime warranty....I'm just sayin.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I don't blame Taurus one bit. Things happen that is why you test fire the firearm.

It is really your fault you are so upset. You didn't clean check and fire said pistol before you carried it. That is just STUPID in my book if you are going to bet your life on something.

Do you buy a car without test driving it? I sure know I don't.

Your pistol is an imperfect machine made by imperfect machines (HUMANS). Why didn't you take it to the range before you carried it? First thing I do when I buy a new gun is head right to the range even if it is just to quickly fire 50 or so rounds. You would have then figured out that it was defective.

Don't talk bad about a product when it was the operator that was screwed up in the beginning.

Tango OUT

PS It is victim not victom. Just saying.
A little rough on the guy aren't you! He's pissed because this particular gun is junk out of the box. He's just venting. Any one of us would be upset about this whether we figured it out at the range on the way home from picking the gun up, or after carrying it for a week. (Granted, I would NEVER carry a gun without checking it out with at least 200 rounds)
I'm sorry you had the problem with your Taurus. I hope they straighten it out for you.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
OK research the gun you are going to buy.

Maybe I came off a little hard sorry about that. I just dislike people that have a single problem with a firearm then condemn all firearms made by that company for ever and ever.

Then you start in with you carried it without shooting it first. You really expect yourself to function a brand new pistol in a firefight that you have never fired before. That is crazy in my book.

That being said I don't have my CCW YET. I do however have a buddy that is firearms trainer who trains civilian and govt personal who would think your NUTS for doing what you did.
You are chewing the guy out, and you don't even have your ccw yet?

Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Brett doesn't need to pack, he has a select fire verbal chain gun!
Nice! Makes me giggle.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:07 AM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

OK disgruntled Taurus Firearm owner.. First off..

1- You have to clean and lube ANY firearm before firing from factory.
2- You have to "test fire" any weapon that is being shot the first time.
3- If you decide to trust a firearm with less than say 500 rounds through it, you are a FOOL !! I hope you have a good life insurance policy as your judgement on firearms is questionable.

My Taurus PT111 Pro is on my hip as this is being typed. Cleaned/Tested and trusted.

Dont bash a company due to poor customer actions..

Gunpowder Addict For 40 Years Now

Old 01-14-2010, 12:10 AM   #28

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I have all quals meet to get my CCW just haven't done it yet. No reason why just haven't done it.

I amnot chewing him out about carrying. I was on him because even a mall ninja douche bag takes his Desert Eagle to the dam range first before betting his life on it.

Honestly how stupid do you need to be to do something like that.

I have had and delt with many guns that were not right out of the box. It happens they are made by people so there for they are imperfect. Plus that is why there is a warranty.

if you don't like it I DON'T CARE. Don't let the door hit your geoduck on the way out.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #29

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

I have to agree with Tango on this. I just got my S&W 645 last night and it is laying on my nightstand because I have not put a number of rounds through it yet. This 645 is an ex-competion gun and I still don't trust it because I haven't fired it. So it sits.... till I can get to the range.

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 01-14-2010, 02:03 AM   #30

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

i own two taurus's and both are on my ccw permit and would and do trust them fully.