Victim of Taurus - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Victim of Taurus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 12:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

agreed you should make sure your gun works before before you depend your life on it but on the other hand from what i no of you cant test fire a gun unless you have already bought it.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:10 AM   #12

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

OK research the gun you are going to buy.

Maybe I came off a little hard sorry about that. I just dislike people that have a single problem with a firearm then condemn all firearms made by that company for ever and ever.

Then you start in with you carried it without shooting it first. You really expect yourself to function a brand new pistol in a firefight that you have never fired before. That is crazy in my book.

That being said I don't have my CCW YET. I do however have a buddy that is firearms trainer who trains civilian and govt personal who would think your NUTS for doing what you did.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:28 AM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default "I don't have my CCW YET"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
OK research the gun you are going to buy.

Maybe I came off a little hard sorry about that. I just dislike people that have a single problem with a firearm then condemn all firearms made by that company for ever and ever.

Then you start in with you carried it without shooting it first. You really expect yourself to function a brand new pistol in a firefight that you have never fired before. That is crazy in my book.

That being said I don't have my CCW YET. I do however have a buddy that is firearms trainer who trains civilian and govt personal who would think your NUTS for doing what you did.
Damn Tango-All this time I thought that YOU were the John Wayne of Concealed Carry!! Sh!t I've had some kind of shooting iron under my coat for over 30 years, in Indiana....Just Saying..

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 01-12-2010, 02:30 AM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

There is a scene in a pretty good movie that can sum this issue up.

In The Ghost & The Darkness, Patterson takes a rifle from a friend out to hunt the Lions of Tsavo after they attacked. Remington, the American hunter goes along with him and they are seperated.

Sure enough, Patterson is confronted with one of the Lions, shoulders his rifle, pulls the trigger and nothing happens.

An almost death scene battle ensues before the Lion is scared off.

Remington, incredulous, asks Patterson "You took a rifle to the field that you have never fired before?!?!"

Seriously brother, I have shot a few Taurus and I have YET to see happen what any of the horror stories of the interwebz claim would happen. You weapon could merely have a faulty extractor, or your slide timing could be off.

Both of which would have been identified if you fired the weapon prior to carrying it.

Personally, NO WEAPON is carry worthy until I put 400-500 rounds through it WITHOUT a problem at a range in several conditions, including hot, cold, dirty and with range ammo.

Good luck and I hope you get what you are looking for in repair/return.

JD

Old 01-12-2010, 02:32 AM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Point to be made here..

It is very important to: Fully clean, learn complete operation, fire 3-500 rounds, become second nature to ANY firearm, before depending on it to save your life, or the lives of others.

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 01-12-2010, 02:33 AM   #16

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYBOB44 View Post
Damn Tango-All this time I thought that YOU were the John Wayne of Concealed Carry!! Sh!t I've had some kind of shooting iron under my coat for over 30 years, in Indiana....Just Saying..
Brett doesn't need to pack, he has a select fire verbal chain gun!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-12-2010, 03:51 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I have to support Tango on this one. Not for any sort of technical accuracy, but because he doesn't have a 'Don't Sh*t Down This Person's Windpipe" switch. It's admirable. And funnier'n Hell.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 01-12-2010, 05:49 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
There is a scene in a pretty good movie that can sum this issue up.

In The Ghost & The Darkness, Patterson takes a rifle from a friend out to hunt the Lions of Tsavo after they attacked. Remington, the American hunter goes along with him and they are seperated.
Love that movie!!

Old 01-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #19

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I own two Taurus firearms, and both work flawlessly. When I carry them, I trust them 100%. Perhaps it isn't a good idea to carry any gun before test firing it.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 01-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #20

Yea... the point of my posting was not to have everyone tell me I should have test fired before I carried. The point was to inform you that the PT709 is a POS! You are welcome! BTW, the dealer was so appalled at the condition of the firearm after I returned it to him that he gave me a FULL refund and apologized for selling such a POS.

Good luck with your Taurus'; I hope you don't depend on them!

Last edited by RealWinner; 01-13-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: for emphasis