Originally Posted by gunnut07
1. I have plenty of friends that will argue the bullet soaking comment.
2. Really? There are plenty of boats in the Army. How do you think bridges across rivers and lakes get built? Not by the squids.
3. Military benifits are all the same.
4. Correct in the last few years they have been handing out E-5 and E-6 rank like it was candy.
5. Again all military pay is the same.
6. What can you said the Army has one too....
1. You can keep them. All the ones I met were either swinging for the other team or so ugly they should be swinging for the other team. Not doubting there are some good looking Female devil dogs.
2. What can any one say USMC Blurs are very nice. I hated looking like a damn pickle when I was in. I would do anything not to wear that uniform.
Sadly, these days the Army & AF have Sooooooo Many Different Uniforms that it's absurd.
I Had: (in the '80's) BDU's & Flight suit's In OD, Desert Tan & Black, "Extra Pants" in Just about every Darned shade of Camo, Plus Black, and Three Different Dress Uniforms,..I only had to "Wear the Darned Tux" 3 times in 62 Months of Active....
Had to get a Brand new Current set of Blues for a "Promotion In Retirement" thing with a missing medal award 4 years ago...
Starved myself for 2 weeks to look like less of a slob then I was,......(sigh......) That was one of the Last things Baby Bush put through was a bunch of Field grades & Warrants like me who were out after Desert Storm got Retirement "Bumps"
"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi
"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...