Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > very strange things that have happened to you that you cannot explain.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 06:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ghosts of Hunting Seasons Past

When I was 13-14 I went to my Grandfather's place near Marienville P.A. to spend buck season with him.
He owned a motel called the Pigeon Loft (in the township of Pigeon)

anyways after everyone had went to bed I was awakened in the middle of the night not sure why, nothing obvious, then I heard floorboards in the hallway, I glanced at the clock which read 2:45 Am and thought to myself, no way this old coot is up already, so I walked to the door and peeked into the hallway just to catch a glimpse of a man very similar to my grandfather's build entering the bathroom and closing the door... the only light in the hallway being from a night-light at that end

I found this strange as the man was wearing a navy-blue suit (as far as I could tell in the low light)
at first I thought it was him and I sat on the bed waiting for him to come back out, glad to be awake so early as I was young and filled with Buck-Fever.
He never came out.

so I thought he had somehow came out quietly and went downstairs, at this point I figured it could just be some traveler using the bathroom, but there was one downstairs for that... also no lights were on down there and if it had been someone they would have passed my room to get back down the stairs

Next morning, Gramps is upstairs shaving and doing old man stuff while I eat the huge breakfast grandma is making for us and I ask her "who was that guy using the bathroom last night?"
she replied" no one was here honey." she was quiet a second and then said " was he wearing a blue suit?"

I felt my face flush cold, I asked how she knew what he was wearing

she then said " Thats your Grandpas buddy, he sees him time to time up there." as if nothing was strange

from that night on, I slept on the living room couch, I **** thee not