Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   A very interesting saturday... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/very-interesting-saturday-8278/)

junho806 11-09-2008 01:16 AM

A very interesting saturday...

So i went to the gym today and swam a few laps
i went to my locker and unlocked it and i left it open for about 2 minutes while i changed
i also saw four very suspicious youth wandering in the locker room but me having so much faith in the goodness of man kind though nothing of it...
well i came back and my wallet, phone, and ipod were stolen
my friend and another guy in the locker confirmed the suspicious behavior of the four youth and went after them to confront time while i was ransacking the whole locker thinking i had just misplaced it.
well my friend and the gym staff followed them to the entrance and they just ran off...
the police came and reported everything
luckily i had no money in my wallet being that i am a poor college student :p
but man if i had my rifle on me...
hahaha just kidding...

i guess lessons learned:
1. don't have so much faith in mankind
2. **** happens, life goes on, and material items can always be replaced
3. lojack everything that you own :rolleyes:

i just thought i would share my interesting saturday
:D

MichaelG 11-09-2008 01:32 AM

What good would a rifle be? Shotgun would be more enjoyable! :>

junho806 11-09-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelG (Post 49488)
What good would a rifle be? Shotgun would be more enjoyable! :>

hahaha
true...
but mind you i would be chasing them and if i wanted to take long range shot...

Mark F 11-09-2008 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junho806 (Post 49480)
So i went to the gym today and swam a few laps
i went to my locker and unlocked it and i left it open for about 2 minutes while i changed
i also saw four very suspicious black youth wandering in the locker room but me having so much faith in the goodness of man kind though nothing of it...
well i came back and my wallet, phone, and ipod were stolen
my friend and another guy in the locker confirmed the suspicious behavior of the four youth and went after them to confront time while i was ransacking the whole locker thinking i had just misplaced it.
well my friend and the gym staff followed them to the entrance and they just ran off...
the police came and reported everything
luckily i had no money in my wallet being that i am a poor college student :p
but man if i had my rifle on me...
hahaha just kidding...

i guess lessons learned:
1. don't have so much faith in mankind
2. **** happens, life goes on, and material items can always be replaced
3. lojack everything that you own :rolleyes:

i just thought i would share my interesting saturday

The biggest MISTAKE you made was... LEAVING your stuff where someone can get to it! Petty thieves thrive on NAIVE people like you. Sorry to see you had to learn the hard way, that not everyone is nice & honest.

MichaelG 11-09-2008 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junho806 (Post 49489)
hahaha
true...
but mind you i would be chasing them and if i wanted to take long range shot...

Deer shot would put them all down at a fair distance, so you wouldn't really need to chase them. :D

junho806 11-09-2008 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 49494)
The biggest MISTAKE you made was... LEAVING your stuff where someone can get to it! Petty thieves thrive on NAIVE people like you. Sorry to see you had to learn the hard way, that not everyone is nice & honest.

i wouldn't say i was naive...
come one now...
my campus i know to be a very safe environment
and those kids weren't even supposed to be there...they pretty much broke in...
and i mean i left it unlocked for 2 minutes while i changed my shirt...if anything it was laziness because i would have to do the combination again
but yeah i guess i did learn the hard way...
:(:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelG (Post 49498)
Deer shot would put them all down at a fair distance, so you wouldn't really need to chase them. :D

hahaha
but i have to consider collateral damage...
XD

c3shooter 11-09-2008 02:32 AM

Petty thieves (aka thugs) frequently seek what is known as a "target of opportunity". In this case, you were the opportunity. What they actually steal from you is not your wallet, phone, or cash. It is your sense of security. FWIW, there are very sucessful burglars that employ a similar tactic with houses- a garage door left up, back door left open while you slip over to the neighbors to borrow his drill. If I ever DESPERATELY needed a car, would check any 7-11 parking lot for one running.

junho806 11-09-2008 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 49503)
Petty thieves (aka thugs) frequently seek what is known as a "target of opportunity". In this case, you were the opportunity. What they actually steal from you is not your wallet, phone, or cash. It is your sense of security. FWIW, there are very sucessful burglars that employ a similar tactic with houses- a garage door left up, back door left open while you slip over to the neighbors to borrow his drill. If I ever DESPERATELY needed a car, would check any 7-11 parking lot for one running.

yeah i see what you mean...
guess i was out of luck as well...

i learned my lesson big time
thanks for spelling things out technically for me

bkt 11-09-2008 02:57 AM

Sorry to hear that. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

junho806 11-09-2008 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 49509)
Sorry to hear that. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

yes sir!
lesson learned
:)