A very interesting movie.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A very interesting movie.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default A very interesting movie.

This is one of the best summation I've seen as to why we are in such financial trouble now. Almost 30 minutes long but well worth watching IMHO.

"Video animation by "The Provocateur Network" explaining how The American Dream is really a nightmare. The AMERICAN DREAM is a 30 minute animated film that shows you how you've be..."

....THIS IS AMERICA!!!

"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither." - Ben Franklin

Last edited by Poink88; 01-08-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-08-2011, 04:11 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I watched all of it. Pretty good film. Pretty sad film.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 01-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviorslegacy View Post
I watched all of it. Pretty good film. Pretty sad film.
Very true and I hope more will take the time to watch it.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #4

Default More people need to watch this

Just got done watching the movie. They did a great job explaining this subject for people that need to wake up ( My little brother).

When my wife and I look back we see the friends we had that would charge everthing and I mean everything. Free money you can charge $1000 and ONLY have to pay back $24 a month its the american way. Luky for us my Grandparents explained how most of this works to me. I think that at one point or another they sat all of their grandchildern down and explained how this system works. My cousion and I seemed like we were the only ones that listen. I think she is doing allright for herself and I can't complain.
I talked this over with my wife before we got married just to make sure we are on the same page. Not saying it has been easy, and I know God has been watching over us because some days that was the only explaintion we would have on how we would have enough money to pay the bills but I like to think that it has worked.
We both have good jobs. two healthy children and we are now at the point in our lifes that we can put money every pay check in the bank for savings.
Even though it proably won't be worth anything. Sorry for rambling on. I don't mean to make anybody mad but I just wanted to point out that for all those years we played by the rules and now it is paying off. No instant gratafacation just years of hard work.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

First off no one took his dream. He didn't pay his dam bills. He signed a loan that was stupid and he didn't read.

So what your saying is that my american dream is to own a house that is too big for what I need cost too much that I can't pay for it and to get foreclosed on?

WOW good to know you know absolutely NOTHING and the idiot that made this film doesn't either.

No one forced people to sign interest only, and adjustable rate loans. No one sat there with a gun to their head. If people would use common sense and READ before then sign a contract they would not be in the position many are in today.

I am no money management genius. I made one bad loan and I ended up paying for it. Even though I got screwed big time in the deal by two companies.

You need to sit down figure out what you can afford if you want a loan or not. Then you need to make informed decision.

I am in the process of paying away all my debt. Within a year I will have no credit card debt and I will owe very little on my car.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #6

Amen brother tango

1 Read before you sign your name
2 If you can't afford it DO NOT let anybody talk you into it
3 Pay your bills on time
4 It takes a lifetime to build credit and a second to destroy it
5 If it sounds to good to be true IT IS
6 Nothing is free

We may be getting of the subject here but people do have to take personal resonsablity for their action. I guess that was what I was pointing out in my first post. If they feel their government is selling us out we need to vote them out. If you spend the credit be ready to pay the money back.

Once again sorry if I high jacked this thread but the credit issue is something I have been going over with my boys in hopes that they learn at a young age from us telling them and also showing them how you are suppost to use it.

Last edited by oneshot; 01-13-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: mispelled words