Very helpful web site.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Very helpful web site.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Default Very helpful web site.

Have you ever been out and you get hungry so your busy and you get a nice grease burger fries and a Diet Mt. Dew? Then 10 minutes later you are trucking down the road and it starts "The bubble Gut" You can feel the grease working its magic on your system the gurgling sounds right before you blast off with something foul enough to make others vomit. Your body telling you that double quarter pounder with cheese was not a good idea and you need a bathroom and fast. Well if you have a web enabled smart phone look here to this web site. Sit or squat.com

SitOrSquat.com: Find a toilet or restroom anywhere in the world

Planning a trip I hate using strange bathrooms find and plan your stops around the cleanest bathrooms on your route.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #2

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That was in season 7 of "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

Old 06-21-2010, 01:45 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I got the App on my phone.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:42 AM   #4

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

When I clicked on the link, it opened up with a map of my home town. Am I being paranoid to be weirded out by that? How did it know where I live? I'm just using my laptop on a local, wireless (but connected to my own cable line) network. I'm not on my cell phone or anything.

Trippy.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-21-2010, 04:39 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Dewwwwwddd.... I needed that last week when I was driving Mrs. Noids to Richmond for a flight. One word; "Volcanic".

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 06-21-2010, 05:02 AM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
When I clicked on the link, it opened up with a map of my home town. Am I being paranoid to be weirded out by that? How did it know where I live? I'm just using my laptop on a local, wireless (but connected to my own cable line) network. I'm not on my cell phone or anything.

Trippy.
Because of you IP Address man. Look every ip address also has a physical address. Most ISP's use a dynamic addressing system but you are more or less locked to that ip address if you are using a modem because it never shuts off. It uses that information to locate you and place the map where you need it to be. Now wierd would be if it gave you the city your going to be in tomorrow.

Last edited by cpttango30; 06-21-2010 at 05:05 AM.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Because of you IP Address man. Look every ip address also has a physical address. Most ISP's use a dynamic addressing system but you are more or less locked to that ip address if you are using a modem because it never shuts off. It uses that information to locate you and place the map where you need it to be. Now wierd would be if it gave you the city your going to be in tomorrow.

Mine came up Washington, DC near Arlington. I'm on 3g wireless so that must be where the wireless hub is I guess???
I'm Ninja Stealthy LOL

That site looks like it could be very useful, especially on those long Griswald-esque road trips with the whole family.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #8

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post

Trippy.
It uses your IP to take you to a map in that area. There are ways to stop that kind of thing but most don't find it necessary. Your IP is like an address. I proxy my IP depending what I"m doing but that's another thread.
AS stated a dynamic IP changes from time to time but your ISP will draw from a pool of available IP numbers that are for your particular area. Businesses and people that wish to pay for it can get a static IP that stays the same. MNost cable subscribers can stay on one IP for a long period of time. DSL seems to refresh IP's more often. Dial up people get a new IP every log on. People that have static IP or one that does not change often can be at a higher security risk being little trolls with too much free time might find them in a port sweep in a range of IP numbers. Security software and/or a router with a hardware firewall come in really handy in these cases. You would be surprised just how many are looking around for an open machine to use for whatever fun they deem interesting.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 06-21-2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling...what else :-/

Old 06-21-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Thanks! I will be keeping this handy.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.