a very great loss - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > a very great loss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1230 Times on 593 Posts
Likes Given: 186

She was truly the "Iron Lady", a great person!!

Old 04-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #12

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Sad day indeed, this world needs more forward thinking people, not less. Her presence was felt and will be missed.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #13

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

She will be remembered for centuries as a principled, courageous leader who single-handedly pulled Britain out of the ditch, stood with Reagan to end the Soviet Union, and talked about liberty and personal responsibility in ways that most present-day leaders cannot manage.

“I think we've been through a period where too many people have been given to understand that if they have a problem, it's the government's job to cope with it. 'I have a problem, I'll get a grant.' 'I'm homeless, the government must house me.' They're casting their problem on society. And, you know, there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first. It's our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour. People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation."

― Margaret Thatcher