Very Concerning
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Very Concerning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Very Concerning

So, I absolutely love watching shows on true crime. I watch them all. Forensics Files. Cold Case Files. City Confidential. Snapped. All that stuff.

So, no surprise, I am addicted to a show called Gangland. I love seeing these morons get big quick and how stupid they are just before they get caught.

Well, that all ended today.

I just watched an episode about a gang from Mexico that is active in and around Laredo, Tx.

Los Zetas

This gang is a MUCH more pressing issue to the safety of the American people than anyone else at this time, I personally believe.

They go back and forth across the border, pretty much at will, and their idea of a "warning" to back off, is a group of military trained hitmen sent to your house to kill you and everyone you love. That's a "warning".

This drug cartel hired soldiers of the Mexican army that were trained at Fort Benning by the US Special Forces back at the start of the war on drugs during the Reagan Administration.

No surprise, the cartel pays A LOT better.

They train their "recruits" in weapons, tactics, surveillence, counter intel, interrogation, ambushes, all sorts of crazy stuff.

Now, if you cross the Crips, or the Bloods, or the Hell's Angels, you might catch a beatdown, or perhaps a drive by.

You cross Los Zetas and they will kill everyone you love and then take you, alive, to a secure place, put you in a 55 gallon drum, cover you in diesel fuel and burn you alive!!

These guys are organized, they are ruthless, they are richer than almost any single source in the Northern Hemisphere and they will stop at nothing to get you.

They sent a hit squad across the border into Texas to kill an entire family of a guy who was merely looking for his missing step daughter, who was rumored to be kidnapped and given as a "gift" to the local Los Zeta leader in some jerk water town across the border by the Federales.

You want to know who is causing all the dead bodies in the Border War - I would wage dollars to doughnuts it's these crazy M'Fers.....

Oh yeah, and they talked about their weapons. They don't buy them at gun shows in the US. They buy them by the CASE LOAD from South American and other sources on the black market. No semi-auto AR's in their arsenal. Everything was top of the line, hard core killer kit.

One hit = over 78 empty shell cases on the ground around a vehicle that got hit by a two stage ambush at a stop light.

I am going to go hug my AR now and load a few extra mags..... Just in case.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #2

I love that show and those guys seem pretty bad.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:35 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I watch all of those shows, too. Masterminds is another good one. I wanted to watch that Gangland episode this evening, but I got caught up in something else. I will have to look for the replay. Thanks for the heads up.

*loading mags now and checking ammo count*

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #4
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Living in Texas the rest of the USA seems about 5 years behind what everyone here knows, that there is an actual War going on at our border. It's frustrating to say the least how people preach about how we need reform, no border wall, no more security funds when they have no clue what's going on. It's even more frustrating when they wrap their ideologies in this disguise that we who want border security are just racist. People boggle my mind.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #5

Liked 1089 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 340

What do you think the best way to stop them would be?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 09-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

Los Zetas

This drug cartel hired soldiers of the Mexican army that were trained at Fort Benning by the US Special Forces back at the start of the war on drugs during the Reagan Administration.

No surprise, the cartel pays A LOT better.

They train their "recruits" in weapons, tactics, surveillance, counter intel, interrogation, ambushes, all sorts of crazy stuff.
JD, I touched on this subject way back in a "If SHTF here in the states" thread, and in the post I invited Ineff to join me when I go back accross the border to my old AO in South America, and that the Drug Cartels were hiring.

The post was the one with the bug crawling around. Hmmm.....guilty as charged and as seen in the weapons for Contras scandal, the U.S. interest's of good intentions to the Colombian government and Mexico, again, have turned our willingness to help, against us, only to have it come back to take a serious and deadly bite, out of all of our asses.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-04-2009, 02:27 AM   #7

^^

Boss, prior to this episode, I was very concerned about MS-13.

I felt that they were a serious risk, but I was not as concerned because their methodology was very much at the street level and their organization was pretty much non-existant.

What I saw from Los Zetas was a very organized, very well funded group of VERY ruthless killers.

The fact that they are now operating in something like 10 states, already, and are expanding, is very scary to me.

I have NEVER seen a gang with this level of intelligence, this level of military operational background and this level of ruthlessness.

Their hitman teams use counter-surveillence for crying out loud. Not only are they spying on you, clocking when you leave for work, clocking when you go for coffee, where you go for dinner, they are also making sure that you, or anyone else, doesn't notice what they are doing.

Check this out.

They are truly a formidable and scary "opponent" in my mind.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:31 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I gotta get an AR!

Old 09-04-2009, 02:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
What do you think the best way to stop them would be?
How would you negotiate with a rattlesnake coiled to strike??

If your answer was anything LESS than taking it's god damn head off, you have already failed the test IMO.

Hit them harder, hit them faster, hit them more often and with more ruthless effeciency until they move back across the border, give up the drug corridor, and slink back to South America.

And THEN hit them again, with as much force as possible....

This gang actually has me concerned, and I live in the Pacific Northwest.

Their tactics are unlike anything I have seen from any other gang. They study, plan and hit a target the same way people that I know would go about eliminating someone. And that scares me.

JD

Old 09-04-2009, 02:38 AM   #10

Liked 1089 Times on 642 Posts
Likes Given: 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
How would you negotiate with a rattlesnake coiled to strike??

If your answer was anything LESS than taking it's god damn head off, you have already failed the test IMO.

Hit them harder, hit them faster, hit them more often and with more ruthless effeciency until they move back across the border, give up the drug corridor, and slink back to South America.

And THEN hit them again, with as much force as possible....

This gang actually has me concerned, and I live in the Pacific Northwest.

Their tactics are unlike anything I have seen from any other gang. They study, plan and hit a target the same way people that I know would go about eliminating someone. And that scares me.

JD
I agree that is one way to stop them and an effective one, however very difficult to implement. My question was somewhat of a setup(Pot stirrer and all), the other way to stop them IMO would be to remove their customer base. Legalizing and taxing drugs would result in a similar result.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson