Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Very Afraidí: 66-Year-Old Woman Shoots and Kills Home Intruder (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/very-afraid-66-year-old-woman-shoots-kills-home-intruder-50425/)

towboater 10-24-2011 01:26 AM

Very Afraidí: 66-Year-Old Woman Shoots and Kills Home Intruder

And another one bites the dust.

66-Year-Old Woman Shoots and Kills Home Intruder | Video | TheBlaze.com

JonM 10-24-2011 02:24 AM

one less 99% type we gotta pay benefits for...

robocop10mm 10-24-2011 03:10 AM

Looks like an emotionaly disturbed transient. If you do not heed the warning shots, very bad things happen. I wish her well.

trip286 10-24-2011 03:30 AM

He looked strung out.

c3shooter 10-24-2011 03:45 AM

1. Transient, my foot! He had been released from jail that morning.

2. Where in the hell do the reporters get off in describing this 66 year old lady as "ELDERLY"? I'm gonna go whack them upside the head with my aluminum walker! :o

but to get serious for a moment (usually do that just before bedtime)- for anyone that comments about "old ladies and guns"- can you think of anyone that NEEDS a defensive firearm more than a senior citizen living on her own? My stepmother is legitimately elderly. SHE has a S&W Mdl 37- Airweight Chief's Special. Tough old girl from back in the hills of VA.

unclebear 10-24-2011 04:05 AM

reason to respect your elders, hell my grandma would have shot him let lit his ass up for just being so damn stupid. Thanks god she wasn't harmed, I always love hearing things like this so and so kills intruder, mugger, crack head...etc in self defense.

Thanks for posting this towboater.

winds-of-change 10-24-2011 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 608865)
for anyone that comments about "old ladies and guns"- can you think of anyone that NEEDS a defensive firearm more than a senior citizen living on her own? My stepmother is legitimately elderly. SHE has a S&W Mdl 37- Airweight Chief's Special. Tough old girl from back in the hills of VA.

It's going to be me that is the elderly old lady living on her own someday. :(

*cry*

c3shooter 10-24-2011 01:28 PM

When the day comes that I go to the "Home", I plan to organize a shooting team among the other old fogeys, and challenge all comers. Instead of the "Run and Gun" events, we will have "Walk and Stalk". We'll save a spot for you on the team. :p

trip286 10-24-2011 01:40 PM

That lady did seem to be a very young and spry 66.
C3, you should call your old fogey shooting team the "Walker Stalkers" :)

JTJ 10-24-2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 608865)
1. Transient, my foot! He had been released from jail that morning.

2. Where in the hell do the reporters get off in describing this 66 year old lady as "ELDERLY"? I'm gonna go whack them upside the head with my aluminum walker! :o

but to get serious for a moment (usually do that just before bedtime)- for anyone that comments about "old ladies and guns"- can you think of anyone that NEEDS a defensive firearm more than a senior citizen living on her own? My stepmother is legitimately elderly. SHE has a S&W Mdl 37- Airweight Chief's Special. Tough old girl from back in the hills of VA.

C3, use your steel cane, the short one.:D