Vehicle Storage - Like a SeatVault?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Vehicle Storage - Like a SeatVault?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Vehicle Storage - Like a SeatVault?

So, I have been trying like mad to find a SeatVault product that is no longer in production.

Basically, this was a TruckVault product that went under the rear seat of an extended cab pickup that locked, was made of steel, and was completely out of sight with the back jump seat down.

I contacted Truckvault, the don't make them anymore.

They recommend this cheesy assed product call a Du Ha. Yeah, I don't think so. Plastic sliding tub with little to no support and the only "lock" they offer is to replace one of the hinges on the seat with a keylock. Like you couldn't just razor knife through the side and take what you wanted.

So, does anyone know of a solid, dependable, locking unit that can be put under the rear seat of an extended cab truck that can hold a long gun or two and have room for some tools.

Before anyone starts hotlinking:

• No, I don't want a diamond plate toolbox to go behind the cab of the truck. That is where the dogs go.
  • No, I don't want one of those dumb ass bed rail units that bolt in and have your stuff bouncing all over hell.
I was something dependable that can be out of sight, out of mind behind the rear seat for tools and other items up to and including my long gun if I am going shooting after work.

Thanks!

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2010, 08:43 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Maybe try Tuffy?They make vehicle security products, might have what you're looking for.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 06-21-2010, 09:20 PM   #3

Thanks Gregs, I have been there as well. No luck. Close. But not quite.

I talked with Shelli over at Truckvault and she sent me these pictures of what they used to produce. This is about perfect, I just need to find someone local who can produce something similiar.

p6180001.jpg   p6180003.jpg   p6180005.jpg   p6180009.jpg   pic00016.jpg  

Old 06-21-2010, 11:10 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I saw something very similar to that this weekend at a local tactical shoot. I remember thinking as I walked by, "I want one." Only thing is, it was in the back of a tahoe, and much larger. I'll ask around on the local forum and see if anyone know's the guy, and I'll let you know if I find anything out. No promises but i'll do the leg work.

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 06-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

You might can find another type here, depending on your vehicle.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhirl413 View Post
I saw something very similar to that this weekend at a local tactical shoot. I remember thinking as I walked by, "I want one." Only thing is, it was in the back of a tahoe, and much larger. I'll ask around on the local forum and see if anyone know's the guy, and I'll let you know if I find anything out. No promises but i'll do the leg work.
If it was in the back of a tahoe, I am guessing it's from this local company.

www.truckvault.com

I had one a few years ago in another rig and it was perfect. That is why I want the same production quality, but I don't want to give up half of my bed space.

If it doesn't match, I would love to know who your guy got his from though.

Thanks brother...

Old 06-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
You might can find another type here, depending on your vehicle.
Yep. Been all through there too. Even e-mailed the site. No response, but they don't seem to have anything that is capable of a long gun and still be inconspicuous.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Still waiting to hear back, but have you seen this

cabelas.jpg  

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 06-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

okay, not sure how much cheddar u wanna blow, but highwayproducts.com says specifically on there site

"You name it. Either we've done something like it before, or we'd like to take a crack at it. Our top-flight engineers will use state-of-the-art design CAD programs and apply their cumulative 100 years of practical experience. Call us at: (800) TOOL-BOX (800-866-5269)"

Looks promising from what I can tell, lots of pics and defnitely seem to have quality craftsmanship.

Based out of oregon

Old 06-22-2010, 12:14 AM   #10

You are my new hero Jwhirl!

Both of those options will definitely be open in multiple windows tonight for research.

Where did you find that first picture? I am having trouble with the 8-Lug website.

Last edited by Dillinger; 06-22-2010 at 12:17 AM.