Valued Customer??? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Valued Customer???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I never feel bad about taking my business elsewhere, I work hard for my $ and expect to get the best value for it.
Loud and clear!

The other day these folks took in a used Smith .38 special model 12 - ? in Good condition.

I know they gave squat for it. There was something quirky about it's function, turned out it just needed a good cleaning. Knowing I love older wheel-guns I was offered it for $350 as is. I passed.

Seen it out on the shelf for $425reg/$400 member price (which I am one). It's listed @ $200 for very good condition in my red book. I didn't even feel like asking for a deal.

The other shops are weird too.

1. Bunch of older men WWII - Vietnam vets. Mostly military style weapons. Some great prices on great guns, some outrageous prices on common/average guns. One is friendly, one is not?

2. The guy is a complete @ss. Arrogant, uneducated and his store sucks in selection, location, eyerything.

3. Never been there, talked to them on phone, but hard to find.

4. Seem like good people, but it's small and always packed with hunters and LEOs and I get the feeling I'm taking up space and can't hardly get a pee at the cases. GREAT AMMO PRICES, AVAILABILITY and SELECTION even at the worst times!

5. Great owners, but they let their two (early 20's barely) sons run it and I don't mix.

Oh well. Some of the online places seem personable. I guess I just have to start being less traditional, maybe even due to my own weirdness???

However, I do a lot of gun-like business. . . How I was raised, the one paying the money gets catered to. That's what keeps 'em spending!