Valued Customer??? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Valued Customer???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3369 Times on 1929 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Some online sites have listings of FFL holders. They may be willing to do transfers. Check out gunsmiths in the area, too. Most of my transfers are done by online orders. I have not found many shops I care to frequent.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #12

Seriously all i can say is stop shopping there. Any brick and mortar store is in the business of making money. They just happen to be selling guns instead of other items. The way I see it is you don't actually have to purchase a gun there do you? You have to see it in their way also. They have to low ball a trade in. they have to check it, clear it make sure its legal, and then keep it on the shelf till it sells. If you dont liek the price do what hundreds of other customers do. Put it back on the shelf or simply dont buy.
if the gun does not sell it will either become a dust catcher OR the price will be lowered till it sells. You can always go get your own FFL and undercut their prices and offer better customer service. Beat them at their own game.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Some online sites have listings of FFL holders. They may be willing to do transfers. Check out gunsmiths in the area, too. Most of my transfers are done by online orders. I have not found many shops I care to frequent.
Yeah, I can get the transfers done there for $20. They are gonna see a lot come through there. I will purposely transfer some items that they carry, from wholesalers they use.

I was just raised as a boy going into stores that folks called him by name, gave us complete attention while we were there, charged us fair prices and knew we'd be back.

These folks are my Dad's age why would they not treat me right knowing I'll be back? The more I think about it, the more angry I become.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Man, where I'm from people treat you like a valued customer so they will see you come back. But I have saeen a trend in shops the last year or so. They are getting a good deal more business and these people are forgetting the ones that where loyal before the abooma days we have now. Yeah, I said abooma..It's the boom in sales for all things firearm. This will be a new buzz word someday..You heard it here first

Anyway, way I see it is I'm putting my money down on a firearm I should get better treatment than I do in a convenient store from Apoo selling me a pack of Marlboro's. Smokes are higher these days but I aint paid 600.00 for it either. So if I'm in a shop and I'm looking to pick one-maybe two at a time (yeah - that happens) I don't want to be jacked around by some, guy that looks like he just smelled a fart or something.

There are people out there that really want your money. If it's not a local guy then look out there on the web. At some point the boom will calm back down (I'm figuring after the next election) and that local guy will be applying the brown lipstick to get your money. Just remember today and tell him you might have a transfer coming in from another dealer.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

He'll be doing the first of several transfers for me on Wednesday. I'm curious to see what the reaction is.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
He'll be doing the first of several transfers for me on Wednesday. I'm curious to see what the reaction is.
This seems like a good way to make a point, IMO. Hopefully, they will get the point.

Old 06-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

So they took in and made the first transfer today. Bit of weirdness since they had the item on shelf, (at 35% higher) however I maintained normality and will continue to outsource until I get a STEAL that's what it will take to change my frame of mind.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #18
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3369 Times on 1929 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Hey, think positive. The local boy is still getting $ from you.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-25-2010, 01:56 PM   #19

diggsbakes sorry to hear your about your responces from your local dealers.

There are 2 BIG gun shops near me.

Shop 1 if you are not ready to just step up and pay their prices they are kinda pi$$y about showin' ya stuff.

Shop 2 is very busy but they have never given me attitude at all.

The 2 smaller shops are busy now but always have time for me. They are happy to sell anything to ya. One shop does layaway and is very eager to help with necessarys.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
(Benjamin Franklin)

'God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)

" Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo"( Unknown)

"The 1st one through the door gets the copper coated candy." ( Andy the gunshop owner from "Dawn of the Dead")

Old 06-26-2010, 02:25 AM   #20
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I like to buy from my local shops but if the price isn't reasonable I won't pay more to keep them in business. Seems to be a 50 50 split sometimes I find what I want for a fair price, other times I have go buy elsewhere. I never feel bad about taking my business elsewhere, I work hard for my $ and expect to get the best value for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.