valkyrie movie - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

valkyrie movie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #21
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I found Cruise to be a good actor in Eyes Wide Shut.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #22

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I found Cruise to be a good actor in Eyes Wide Shut.
Are you sure you weren't confusing his acting with seeing Nicole Kidman nekkid??

JD

Old 12-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
I will not watch it.

Scientology is an evil cult that murders people like Lisa Mcpherson and many others. My money will not go to that disgusting cult.
you guys act like he created the story, hes only an actor. i beleive the term for the way some of you are actin is called biggotry. you need to look beyond the actors and look at the point that its about the few people who beleived hitler wasnt right and so they took the matter into their own hands to stop the monster named hitler

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Last edited by sgtdeath66; 12-03-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #24

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

The problem is that too many actors think that their fame obligates them to put their beliefs and causes out there. And at some point, people stop seeing the art they craft, and they get remembered for extreme behaviors in the name of their cause.

If they truly wished to advance a cause, don't jump up and down on couches on talk shows. Quietly support them with your vast wealth, do the fundraiser, don't eclipse your career with your cause. In the end, sometimes you end up damaging both.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
The problem is that too many actors think that their fame obligates them to put their beliefs and causes out there. And at some point, people stop seeing the art they craft, and they get remembered for extreme behaviors in the name of their cause.

If they truly wished to advance a cause, don't jump up and down on couches on talk shows. Quietly support them with your vast wealth, do the fundraiser, don't eclipse your career with your cause. In the end, sometimes you end up damaging both.
benning boy you dont know the history of actors, i do !!!!! that was funny stuff when he did that. i remember when randy savage was on 1370, he made fun of that so much, mr savage, i miss him

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

Old 12-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
The problem is that too many actors think that their fame obligates them to put their beliefs and causes out there..
It's not just actors/actresses I am afraid, it's everyone that gets their 15 minutes. Since when did selling records, or tickets, or whatever, make you an expert on ANYTHING worldy?

I'll be honest, Bono could offer me a hot weekend get away with Playboy's Centerfold of the Month to sit through one of his "speeches" about Africa and what HE thinks needs to be done there, and I still wouldn't go. I wouldn't cross the street to p*ss in that midgets mouth if his teeth were on fire. Arrogant little SOB.

As for sgtdeath - There is something you need to factor in, and it's called "Front End" and "Back End" in Hollywood and it's not what you are thinking.

Most actors are paid on the "Front End" - meaning they sign on for a movie to make "X" and that is all they get paid regardless of how well a movie does. It's safer to pay to see a movie with these types of stars in them if you don't agree with their points of view, because your money isn't directly going into their pocket. The worst you do is help their career by making them number whatever at the box office.

Actors like Cruise/Will Smith/Cameron Diaz/Clooney - and a few others off the top of my head, have "Back End" deals, which means not only do they make a guaranteed sum to make the movie, they also get a portion of the proceeds of the ticket sales. That means you are putting money directly into that stars pocket by going to see the movie in theaters, plus helping their career by making it Number One at the box office.

Now, take a complete social f**ktard like Sean Penn, his list of lunacy and self serving BS could fill an entire thread. By going to see some recent piece of crap that guy puts out, you not only put money directly into his pocket, because he is usually attached to the film in a producer type role, but you give him an even bigger stage to spout off about and give him his so desired Academy Acclaim.

If pop stars and film stars want to save the world, then stop chartering $50K plane rides to go get dinner and start funding some of these causes. Stop running your new Aston Martin into the back of delivery truck while trying to get "away" from the paparrazzi that you hoped would be there anyways. Stop getting so messed up on drugs and alcohol that you need to spend $30K a month to go into rehab.

Try 2 weeks in North Africa. Sober your ass right up. Spend a month with our troops in the 'Stan or Iraq, bring your wealth, your toys, your privledge and share it with the people that are protecting your stupid asses.

Toby Keith did it. So did Ted Nugent. You don't see them up on some soap box talking about when they were on patrol with such and such company.

They didn't bring 11 reporter with them, then promptly get so far in over their own heads in their "rescue" attempt ( due to their own stupidity ) that they needed rescuing.

The Hollywood "Elite" needs the same reality check that half the rest of the country needs. I guarantee you, if a car bomb went off next to the red carpet premiere of some new high dollar, high production, commercial movie, you would see a conscious awakening in about half a heart beat.

*gets off soapbox and wanders off*

JD

Old 12-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

i see your point, but i must say i would pretend to listen to dodo for that getaway with a playmate, im sorry, dont hate me for it lol

Old 12-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #28

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
you guys act like he created the story, hes only an actor. i beleive the term for the way some of you are actin is called biggotry. you need to look beyond the actors and look at the point that its about the few people who beleived hitler wasnt right and so they took the matter into their own hands to stop the monster named hitler
I do not deny that it is a good story. I do not. If I watch it I will download it illegally and not pay for it because that is the only right way to watch it IMO. It's kind of Ironic that he's a Nazi Hero in this...when he's actually technically his own form of Modern Day Nazi.

When you watch this movie money goes to Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise works for Scientology.

Scientology is an evil cult that has killed people and pronounces a tactic called 'Fair Game' to any of their critics that specifically states

"A Suppressive Person or Group becomes fair game. By FAIR GAME is meant, may not be further protected by the codes and disciplines or the rights of a Scientologist. The homes, property, places and abodes of persons who have been active in attempting to: suppress Scientology or Scientologists are all beyond any protection of Scientology Ethics, unless absolved by later Ethics or an amnesty ... this Policy Letter extends to suppressive non-Scientology wives and husbands and parents, or other family members or hostile groups or even close friends. If the Internal Revenue Service (in refusing the FCDC [Founding Church of Scientology, Washington DC] non-profit status) continues to act up or if the FDA does sue we can of course Comm Ev [Committee of Evidence] them and if found guilty, label and publish them as a Suppressive Group and fair game ... [N]one is fair game until he or she declares against us."

And the best of it all "ENEMY — SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed. - L. Ron"

Granted it is just a movie...but my pennies are going out to the MURDER and persecution of innocent people.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #29

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

How many of you remember the Travolta film named Battlefield Earth? Well I hate to tell you the every red cent of profit from that film went into that stupid kid touching cult they are in. I am sure that this film will be no different. I will not support a so called religon that takes to placing armed guards around their temples.

Call it what you want. But Scientology is full of boy touchers They can all go and burn in the pits of hell for all I care.

Don't call me a biggot untill you read up on what these sick SOB's believe.

It is a cult plain and simple that was thought up by a piss poor writer than needed money. That is all it was ment for. How many normal everyday american do you see saying they are a scientologist.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #30

^ Brother, while I agree, Scientology is a Cult - NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE went to see Battlefield Earth.

That movie cost $73 million to make and made a whopping $29.725 Million TOTAL WORLDWIDE.... and that was with an opening screen count of over 3,300. For those that don't know, that is a sh!tload of screens on opening weekend....

Source

The Church didn't make squat on that one - in fact Warner Bros. and the Good Comet Lovers took a bath, BIG TIME, on that little fiasco....

JD