Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The VA, insurance, government rant.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default The VA, insurance, government rant.

OK, no profanity from me. My last relative. My uncle Jake. Paratrooper 82nd airborne, D day survivor. The VA has cut 60 % of his meds off, no help getting to, and from the VA. I take care of it. Between Doctor visits, Meds, Utilities, (no cable, no cell phones, no car, nothing but a place to live, food on the table) No insurance company will touch him. With his VA check, and Social Security. After I pay what he absolutely has to have to live. He has $17.00 to spend a month. No smokes, No beer, Nada. Now this man looked out for me, he WILL be taken care of long as I'm sucking air. Way to take care of the greatest generation America. I could call this great county every name in the book but I just can't do that. It just SUCKS the way these men are treated. Rant over.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Send your story to the local news Bobby. That sucks that America is pissing on our vets like that. Do me a favor, Shake your Uncles hand for me and say thanks from Minion. And if you send me an address, I will buy that man any brand beer he wants and send it to him fed-ex. If I was closer I would hand it to him but that would be a long drive for a beer

Old 06-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #3

Default Thanks Minion

I take him a case every month, and a carton of smokes as needed. It will stay that way. If a 86 year old Vet wants to fire up a Winston. Fine. He is a clean, neat old timer that still has all his programs in that head running. Has never talked about, over there. I don't ask. But some the tales about after they got home will bust your sides. One quote. "Boy, jumping out of a airplane ant squat, it is those landings that are rough."

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Last edited by bobbyb13; 06-05-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #4

Tell him thankyou from me..

and +1 on dropping a line to you're local news.. It is very disgusting how VETS are treated, "give you're life just to be ****ted on", BS!

Old 06-05-2009, 05:18 PM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Well Bobby the offer is on the table, If you ever want me to send him a case for ya just send me the Addy and ANY brand he wants, it will be in the mail by the end of the week

Old 06-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
Well Bobby the offer is on the table, If you ever want me to send him a case for ya just send me the Addy and ANY brand he wants, it will be in the mail by the end of the week
You are a stand up guy Minion. I will shake his hand, and pass your offer on. He will probably say. Hell, I'm all right. He dearly loves to hear from my Boys. They call him at least once a week. Matt, and he swap War, and Bar stories.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Old 06-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #7

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

I am sorry to hear that bobby. I don't have the words to describe how appalling it is that those who fought for our country are not treated even fairly. Tell your uncle a big thanks for me and god bless. Plus 1 on Minion, let me know where and what and I would be honored to send him a case.

Not to hijack but - just this week Mayor Bloomberg stated that "$400k is not a lot of money", in reference to the president's salary. I don't know, but $400k is a hell of lot of money if you ask me. How about cutting politicians salaries by 30%, cutting spending by 30% and we see how much money is left over? I'll bet all those promises that have been made over generations past would be able to be fulfilled. Our government is completely out of touch and completely out of control.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 06-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'll second minion's offer or pop for some cigarettes, either one. i'll send him some dang good beef jerky if he likes the stuff. I have a huge amount of respect for that generation and especially those who fought. If he wants to burn one while sipping a beer he should certainly be able to, he has more then earned that right. We need to take better care of all our vets and make sure they get the care they need medically which doesn't sound like it's happening here. +1 on getting it to a local paper.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #9

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

+ 3 and more for getting the local TV news involved. It will make a difference, especially when you drag out all his awards and a Purple Heart, I am assuming he should have. If he doesn't, let me know I will gladly give him one of mine. That's just down right disrespectful and a slap in the face to him and all our foregoing bothers and veterans. WTF?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #10
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5638 Times on 3316 Posts
Likes Given: 4741

I have never understood why the VA isn't an exemplary service provider; of all people who deserve good medical care, these guys are the ones most deserving, imo.

That sucks indeed! People like me get to goof off & complain about every little inconvenience because of guys like him fighting for us. I appreciate his contribution to my freedoms.

If you do ever want to let a few people pitch in for something extra for him (even if it is just a nice steak dinner), i would appreciate the priviledge of contributing to that cause.