Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > V Mail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 01:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default V Mail

Ever seen V Mail before? went looking in the garage for more old news papers when I found a box of these with old letters from a guy in combat. The military would photo copy your letter so it would save them space. There were letters from home to him and from him back home from training camp to front lines.One thing that stood out so far after reading a few is where he says.....Dad I'm so tired of hearing guns, shooting guns, taking them apart and putting them back together. my son read a few, good for him to know why he has his freedom today. The guy that wrote those letters didnt make it back home.Most of these are dated anywhere from 1941 ,42

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-10-2008, 03:00 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

very cool, thanks for sharing

Old 03-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Now that is neat. Thanks.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

That's really interesting. Not to be a pain, but would you be able to transcribe what is in the letter so we can read it? That, or can you scan it at a resolution that would permit us to read it?

Old 03-12-2008, 12:10 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
That's really interesting. Not to be a pain, but would you be able to transcribe what is in the letter so we can read it? That, or can you scan it at a resolution that would permit us to read it?
I cant even read some of that v mail without a magiflying glass, I found out after they would send these over seas they would blow them back up to normal size. I spent over 4 hours last night reading letters over the years before he died, sorta got them in order by date and could track about everywhere he went to a point, censors would delete anything that would say exactly where he was or gave to much info.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:08 AM   #6

I never heard of V Mail. That is a nice way to do it. I thank that GI and all of our troops for keeping this country free. I wish you could send that letter to those pinheads in Washington and Hollywood. They seem to know how to take away our freedoms little by little. Thank You for sharing that.