A V-12 like no other!!!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A V-12 like no other!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Default A V-12 like no other!!!

Perhaps the most amazing video I have ever seen on youtube. Too bad its in Spanish (which I cant read or speak)!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

You can fully functional V-12, V-10 and V-8 model engines if you search the web. Might even be some I4 and I6 engines out there. Most are 1/4 scale.

Tom Mackie Racing » V8 and V12 Miniature Engines

Old 12-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #3

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightExpress View Post
You can fully functional V-12, V-10 and V-8 model engines if you search the web. Might even be some I4 and I6 engines out there. Most are 1/4 scale.

Tom Mackie Racing » V8 and V12 Miniature Engines
Oh my god, I am in love! Whats so incredible is the fact that these are all done by hand (or at least the one I posted was). That's an insane level of precision for someone to achieve. I guess it could be compared to those super-super small cap guns that clock makers used to make to demonstrate their skill.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 12-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Oh my god, I am in love! Whats so incredible is the fact that these are all done by hand (or at least the one I posted was). That's an insane level of precision for someone to achieve. I guess it could be compared to those super-super small cap guns that clock makers used to make to demonstrate their skill.
The patience needed to make all those tiny parts is unreal and the micro tooling required is interesting to work with. I actually own a Taig Micro Lathe I've been using for small gun parts, tool parts, pins, shafts etc. But nothing to the extremes shown with these engines. And the tiny parts used in watch and cock making are quite literally microscopic. You can't see to work on some of them without magnification.

Saw a web site where one Taig owner made a replacement gear for his camera. He made a couple of small replacement nobs for one as well.

Taig Lathe Machining Projects

Taig Lathe Gear Cutting

Little Bits