Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Utah Governor blames gun shooters on wildfires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1798 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Gonzo,
Regarding the Heading for this Thread. Where did you get the reference to what the Governor of Utah stated that. Nothing would surprise me now days in politics! But the only thing I noticed that this alleged quote was form the Headline of MSNBC. The other place I checked was Snopes they had nothing on there about the Governor. I did find a comment made by the Democratic Underground "Imagine That!" Wonder why? Both of them listed are about the most anti gun and ant hunting organizations around! They would like nothing more than to attack the hunters. Did you see it on MSNBC or another source. Since neither of the aforementioned are respectable organizations. And they certainly as they always do, twist things for their agenda. I could see maybe careless hunters starting fires due to careless practices with camp fires! Unfortunately some hunters are idiots! And are very careless in this area. But most of these fires have been acredited to lightning strikes. As the old saying goes for Colorado and Utah the areas are dryer than a popcorn F--t! Just wanted to know where you got the info from.
Thanks

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1447 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

>Utah Governor blames gun shooters on wildfires<

I expect its possible that wildfires could be caused by gun shooters, as far as gun shooters being caused by wildfires, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
. . These guys deserve to have their guns taken away and sold at auction in my opinion. . .
And their guns should be sold at auction too!

Despite the wisecracks, I am sorry for your trouble.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4465 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

What is far more likely is a fireman or other emergency type responder starting those fires. Its actually quite common for pyromaniac attention seekers to join a firefighting ambulance police force then start small fires so he can be a "hero"

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 06-24-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

It was reported on the news that the guys who started the fire while target shooting called in to report it.

This isn't a conspiracy. Gov. Herbert is really gun friendly. Just this last session they passed a statewide bounty on coyotes, and recognized the 1911 as the state firearm.

The problem here is it is unbelievably dry. We got very little snow last winter and it hasn't rained here in 2 months, we're getting blasted with hot winds from the south west, and the range is totally over grown from how wet it got last year. Conditions are pretty much perfect for wildfires.

It is what it is. People being very stupid.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2176 Times on 1120 Posts
Likes Given: 188

Shooters can and do cause fires. It happens all the time. Excrement occurs.

Be careful, pay attention & leave the exploding targets at home when the conditions are this dry.

NRA Life Member

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" B. H. Obama. (Sort of representative of his whole tenure, when you think about it.)

Old 06-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Here is a small taste of how bad it is out here.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=20966958&section=featured-story

Old 06-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #17

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Growing up in the western states they tend to be very dry in the summer months. I have seen a car hot exhaust pipe cause a fire the grass was so dry. Cig butts start hundreds of fires in CA every year. I have also see copper bullets hitting rocks cause fires.

I spent a few days in the military and seen fires from tracers and from regular ammo.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1798 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Overkill,

You are right! What idiot in his or her right mind would be shooting pyrotechnic targets in conditions like that! Or be the least bit careless with a camp fire! The BS not only fuels physical fires but also adds fuel to the fire of the anti-gunners, anti-hunters. *Speaking of starting fires in this thread. And of course it fuels the fire for the liberals press and tree huggers who have attributed to the demise of our economic structure like drilling for oil, coal mining, raising tobacco, attacking our Second Amendment and many other issues.
We as sportsman, shooters and those who love the out of doors and our present rights should start using some common sense when it comes to being responsible.
In closing I will say that most all of the sportsmen and women here on the FTF and others are responsible! There are only a very few who would do anything stupid that would affect the majority of us!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #19

Liked 34 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 65

[QUOTE=Sniper03;847583]Gonzo,
Regarding the Heading for this Thread. Where did you get the reference to what the Governor of Utah stated that.

Hey Sniper, I was just trying to copy the title of the article. I wasn't trying to blame the Governor so I apologize for that. I heard he was pro gun. I just had never heard of fires starting from shooting.