US Silver Eagles - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > US Silver Eagles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronguyton View Post
So I have recently purchased several US silver eagle dollars and all I was shocked at how beautiful these coins are. Pictures do not do any justice.

I have other silver coins, but these would be my favorite. I will defiantly buy some more when I get a chance and can find them for a good price. Just thought I would share.
i have some buddies that own a coin store and can prolly get you a good price if you are looking for coins....the gold eagles are where its at man....especially since Gold is rising...great investment

Old 10-16-2009, 10:23 PM   #22

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Everyone has said it and it holds true for Gold Eagles or any coinage other than those "Not for circulation", you will pay for the collectibility, intrinsic and art value associated with the coin. Where buying bullion or rounds, you don't have that little; or in some cases, extreme price related to collectible value.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
Everyone has said it and it holds true for Gold Eagles or any coinage other than those "Not for circulation", you will pay for the collectibility, intrinsic and art value associated with the coin. Where buying bullion or rounds, you don't have that little; or in some cases, extreme price related to collectible value.
kitco.com

Old 10-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #24

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
i have some buddies that own a coin store and can prolly get you a good price if you are looking for coins....the gold eagles are where its at man....especially since Gold is rising...great investment
Here's some pics like a promised. Best that I could do right now.

I like the gold eagles, but don't think that now is the time to buy. At least not for me. I'm not a serious coin collector, but I thought that maybe this might be a good start to a little hobby.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Old 10-17-2009, 01:01 AM   #25

Liked 303 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 26

My grand father had alot of these; he collected coins. We have grand dads several hundred of face value dollars of these in a safe deposit box in their binders/holders. All In excellent shape. Collectors items. Grand dad was real pickey where they were mint.

I see silver is $17.47 today and gold is $1054.00 today. Gold... WOW! Silver is even about $3.00 higher than I've seen it in a long time. In the 1980's silver went up to around $50.00 but I dont we'll see that again soon.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:32 AM   #26

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

mrm14, your grand father probably has Walker, or Walking Liberty half dollars. If so, they are worth much more than the Silver Eagles which were minted in honor of that coin! Get them appraised, then insured.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:02 AM   #27
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've collected Morgan's for a long time. I haven't bought any in the past five years due to the price they are selling for. A good hobby and a good investment, know what you are buying and buy based on metal value not the hype for the coin. If it is truly rare is the only exception.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:16 AM   #28

Liked 303 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 26

[QUOTE=dunerunner;174925]mrm14, your grand father probably has Walker, or Walking Liberty half dollars. If so, they are worth much more than the Silver Eagles which were minted in honor of that coin! Get them appraised, then insured.[/QUOTE

I'll have to get into the safe deposit box to look at these coins to see if there is any silver dollar Walking Liberty half dollars there. There probably is as this coin collection has many collector coins there aside from silver dollars. Havn't looked at them in detail for many years now. I know that that many of these coins are from the 1870's and up. Most of them are pre 1900 as I recall. All this collection is insured even though they are in a safe deposit box. It was my mothers father and she knows more than my brothers and I what they are worth.