US police bust notorious Latino gang

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > US police bust notorious Latino gang

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 05:58 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default US police bust notorious Latino gang

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080624191046.194uc12f&show_article= 1

US police bust notorious Latino gang
Jun 24 03:10 PM US/Eastern
US officials on Tuesday cracked-down on the violent MS-13 gang, arresting 26 people for a range of crimes committed in three US states and the Central American nation of El Salvador.

"Early this morning, federal, state, and local law enforcement officials here in North Carolina began executing arrest warrants against 26 alleged members of the gang La Mara Salvatrucha, also known as MS-13," US Attorney General Michael Mukasey said.

The defendants face a variety of charges stemming from crimes committed between 2003 and June 2008 including four murders, narcotics distribution, robberies, illegal firearms possession, extortion, assault, intimidating witnesses and obstruction of justice, the Department of Justice said in a statement.

The arrests followed the unsealing of a 55-count indictment from a federal grand jury in Charlotte, he said.

A gang leader directed many of the activities from his prison cell in El Salvador, where he received money wired by gang members, the statement said.

"Criminal gangs such as MS-13 increasingly recognize no borders, which means that international cooperation is more important today than it ever was before," Mukasey said, thanking the government of El Salvador for its role in the bust.

"Thankfully, that collaboration is on full display in our relationship with the government of El Salvador," he said.

MS-13 is an extremely violent gang that originated in El Salvador and operates there and in Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico and throughout the United States, Mukasey said.

"Today's indictment is merely the latest sign of the gang's reach, and it shows the breadth and seriousness of the crimes that MS-13 members are alleged to have committed," he said.

Many of the defendants were in the United States illegally, and two were additionally charged with re-entering the country unlawfully after having been deported, the DOJ statement said.

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

MS-13 was in North Carolina?!

Wow, since I stopped traveling for a living I am seriously out of touch. Last time I was anywhere I had to worry about anything MS-13 related was So Cal in 2003/2004.

That is one group the planet would be better off without, I can assure you of that. Those folks would eat their own young if ordered to do it - they are pretty much bad news.

This is a nice start - though I was a bit disappointed to read this:

Quote:
Many of the defendants were in the United States illegally, and two were additionally charged with re-entering the country unlawfully after having been deported, the DOJ statement said
Psssst - Hey! Mr. A.G. - deporting them isn't working. Have you thought about perhaps other methods? I am sure they could find some room in Gitmo. Or perhaps one behind the ear in a cell with a drain in the floor Chikatilo Style

JD

Old 06-25-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I don't see what all the fuss is about. They're just doing the work American gangs won't do.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculker View Post

Many of the defendants were in the United States illegally, and two were additionally charged with re-entering the country unlawfully after having been deported, the DOJ statement said.

Ya think? And I thought they wrote down "MS-13 Gang Member" on their visa application where it asks about having employment...
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-25-2008, 02:41 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I don't see what all the fuss is about. They're just doing the work American gangs won't do.
ZING!!

+1 on that one....

JD

Old 06-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Too bad they didn't do more than execute the warrants....

9x18=Makarov