Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > US Marine Coming home present?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default US Marine Coming home present?

What should I buy my returning friend who's getting back from boot in less than a month?

I was hoping to help buy a Torkarev for him with his dad...but apparently his father fronted the entire cost so it's all good with that.

My choices so far are

Possibly as a show of respect I could buy him one of those show swords that cost about 30 dollars...you know the ones that you see on the shows with United States Marines etched in the side

Next I got to thinking maybe I could get him a Ka-Bar knife...they are affordable and also most have the USMC stamp on them.

Or....I could buy a case of ammo for his torkarev which is plenty cheap...but really that wouldn't have any heart behind it I don't think...I want to give him something he'll remember.

Like for instance another thing he said he wanted was an authentic German K-98....but those have dried up and the only ones around are like trash or just ugly.

What do you guys think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

For me, a pocket knife is something he'll likely carry daily, and every time he peels an apple or opens a letter, he'll think of you.

You can get a decent one cheap, and probably get it inscribed with something personal, also cheap.

My .02.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #3

You can't go wrong with boobs. Get him something with boobs.

I confess that I have no desire to confess.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Doesn't Kabar make a pocketknife too? That would seem cool to me, but i'm not military. https://www.kabar.com/product_search.jsp?categoryId=3&mode=category Maybe you could get it engraved?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 11-03-2009 at 04:43 PM.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'll tell you what I wanted most when I got home from Parris Island. I wanted a HUGE steak dinner with all the trimming and couple of cold ones to wash it down. Take him out for a great dinner. The pocket knife is a great idea, I don't know many Marines that don't carry one and it's something that he'll carry for years to come.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #6

Oh he'll get a big steak dinner...buffet style as soon as he gets home....and eh...he's not a big pocket knife guy..he likes auto knives.

I'm not sure he really would like a knife either. He has his own tastes in knives and I'd like him to get his own. The Ka-Bar or the Sword would be just a ceromonial thing...although I'll look into it...course who engraves blades around my area if I did that....hrm I'll have to find out.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #7

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Ka-Bar Mule Folding Knife

Ka-Bar Mule Folding Knife

The Ka-Bar Mule is a heavy-duty folding knife with the toughness and ruggedness of a fixed blade. Solidly constructed, the knife features a 4" clip point AUS-8A stainless steel blade with matte black epoxy coating, heavy duty stainless steel liners for lateral strength, double ambidextrous thumb-stud for easy left or right-hand opening, Zytel handles with rubber inserts for a comfortable and secure grip, strong lockback mechanism, and lanyard hole. Comes with a nylon sheath fitted with velcro and snap closures that can be mounted horizontally or vertically on a belt or ALICE gear. This is a serious folding knife with a razor-sharp blade and military toughness! Available with Desert Tan, Olive D. or Black handles. 5.25" closed. Tanto Blade or Drop Point (with or without serrated edge).
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 11-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #8

Eh not so sure on that either.

I really want something that deal with the marines or something.

Hell I might go with getting his brother to help me get him a K-98 that I saw on classic arms.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

A nice bottle of jack and a something with big boobies and a nice plump hind end.

18 weeks without seeing a good looking willing lady will make any more crazy.......

Old 11-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlPainless View Post
You can't go wrong with boobs. Get him something with boobs.
He's got a valid point...