For us gamers ...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > For us gamers ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 05:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default For us gamers ...

A new release from the Battlefield franchise, Battlefield 3. This is some serious gameplay and more than likely I will be done with the Cod franchise when this one comes out.

Enjoy

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #2

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Oh hell to the yeah.

DEO VINDICE

http://blackpowdertimes.com/index.php

Old 05-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #3

Liked 379 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

That looks totally awesome! Are they going to have online play at all? I HATE black ops. MW2 is a million times better and I am seriously worried about the newest COD. This might have to be my next war game

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 05-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #4

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
That looks totally awesome! Are they going to have online play at all? I HATE black ops. MW2 is a million times better and I am seriously worried about the newest COD. This might have to be my next war game
Oh yes, yes they will. Battlefield 2 onliners say that title blows away MW2 already. That gameplay for BF3 is off the charts! I really enjoyed the BF2 campaign but never got into the online, many say it doesn't have all the cheats/hacks/glitches that have plagued CoD3, MW1 and 2 and Black Ops.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 05-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have been playing Battlefield since it came in to being back in 2001 (i think) with Battlefield 1942, To my knowledge there isnt one i havent played and only a couple i havent owned. I am all hopped up on mountain dew about BF3 and will be preordering it soon.

Bad company 2, which i am assuming dog means when he says battlefield 2, is enormously superior to blackops and mw2, imo. I am forced to play black ops by my friends though who like the mindless twitch gameplay that CoD is. When I say I am forced, I mean they don't play BFBC2 and I don't like playing without my friends in any game.

I'm curious to see how good the graphics will be on the consoles, they won't be as good as on the computer but the new graphics engine should allow for excellent graphics on consoles as well. As for you pc gamers, I'm jealous. I wish I had a computer capable of playing bf3 because it is going back to battlefield roots and having 64 player matches on the pc, consoles only get 34 (plus the superior graphics) and the open land area (how far out on the map you can go before going 'out of bounds' the actual maps wont be changed) on the computer will be larger than on consoles. They are shrinking it on consoles because of the reduced number of players but the airspace will remain unchanged from pc.

Anyone who is really into guns will appreciate bad company 2 and battlefield3 much more than cod, in BF the guns dont work like laser guns. They actually have flight time and bullet drop. So sniping is really satisfying when you make a long shot because you have to account for drop and if they are moving provide some kentucky windage on it

... Also, prone will return in bf3 supposedly.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 05-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #6

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

I thought BF2 was good when it came out until people started setting up with sniper rifles and camped on the spawns. I haven't played it since and hope it has been corrected.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #7

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Why all the hate for Black Ops. I love that game.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #8

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 785

The zombie levels and the other hidden games on Black ops are fun, but the multiplayer is just too small. Its like a rat maze. I did like CoD WaW.. you could bayonet peeps.. BFBC2 the levels are bigger and you can find places to "hideout". I like that there is a difference between cover and concealment, you can shoot through something and not others. Lastly its the only "modern" war game that lets me be a WWII soldier.. I tear it up with that WWII M1 and M1911.....

Old 05-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #9

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

See I hate a rats maze of a board I can't stand that. Because when you get that complicated you get way to many campers. It happens all the time on the large maps with black ops guys camp and that is it. CAMPERS SUCK.....

I am so getting BF3 though.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5654 Times on 2954 Posts
Likes Given: 372

that indeed looks like a lot of fun and a good reason to get my desktop running again.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...