Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > US Cartoon of Mexican Flag Draws Ire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default US Cartoon of Mexican Flag Draws Ire

US Cartoon of Mexican Flag Draws Ire Across the Border

My response? F**k 'em.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Waaahh!!! They love their flag, they spit on ours. Joke 'em if they can't take a fork.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #3

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

What's wrong with the flag? No display of drugs?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a friend from Ecuador so I know both sides of the story when it comes to all of this illegal alien crap.
You have those who are leaving their country just to stir up trouble, bring in gangs and help with the drug trade. These people are very disrespectful towards our nation. And then again, you have the people who have the attitude of these dudes and talk big but don't have the balls (or they've got brains) to get in on it.
Then you have those who are seeking for a better life, those who are truly after the American dream. Did you read how many have been killed over these drug wars in the past 4 years!? 28,000!!!!!!!
Things are horrible in their country! The people are slaves to the companies and it seems like there are only two ways out of barely surviving, drugs and gangs or America.

After my friend from Ecuador told me what it is like in Mexico (he isn't from there, but he has family down there) my heart went out to the "honest" mexicans.
Mexico is truly a land of patriotism. Americans over look that fact because the douche bags down there give the rest a bad name. Just look at their Revolutionary war. Look at how many have given their lives for a better life, and a better life for their children. They are no different from us.

I do not like it that they are coming over to our country illegally, but I can understand it. My friend from Ecuador said it took his father 11 years to be able to come to America legally. His wife died and his two sons came with him and became citizens under some parent thingy. IDK how it works. Right now they are trying to rescue the rest of their family. It took like 9 years for my friend's uncle to come here legally. Thing is, 28,000 dead in 4 years and it take twice that long if not longer to come here legally if you are from a country like Mexico or Ecuador.

Bottom line is, I do not like what they have done to the Mexican flag. If 60% of America became horrible people (drugs, open murder, gangs) and went around controlling things and we started leaving, wouldn't you think that other countries would hate our flag? What if they done stuff to our flag that is like this cartoon? Everyone on this board would be upset.

I want to end with just one thing.
After I looked at their side of the story from my friend, talked to some Mexicans at a local restaurant and done some research online I asked myself one thing, "If I was in their shoes, would I try and come to America and leave my country behind but still have a sense of pride in what my nation has stood for?" I answered yes, I would do so. So I can no longer get all angry over these issues because I am no better than what they are (except for the drug and gang issues, I can get plenty angry over that because the honest hispanics hate it as much as we do) and I am not afraid to admit it.
Ask yourself the same question.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Last edited by saviorslegacy; 09-06-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
What's wrong with the flag? No display of drugs?
And the cartoonist is giving the shooters too much credit. Look how straight that line of bullet holes is!

Old 09-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

"... An American cartoonist's rendition of the Mexican flag is causing controversy south of the border, where Mexicans say it's offensive to taint their national symbol with images of drug violence."

Mexicans have tainted their national symbol, not the cartoonist.

Saviors Legacy, I understand your point of view, but maybe it's time for another Mexican revolution, not a mass exodus to the States.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Saviors Legacy, I understand your point of view, but maybe it's time for another Mexican revolution, not a mass exodus to the States.
I agree, but this takes organization. The government and the drug lords do everything they can to make sure that no organization exists. If a Revolution does happen, the drug lords will be leading it and they wont be much of a government either.
IMO, either the drug lords need to die before a revolution can take place.
All we need now is to get people in the states to stop supporting the drug lords.
That will also solve some of our gang problems.

Not that easy though. -_-
The easiest thing to do is flight, not fight. You fight over there, you get massacred.

I would like to say one more time that I do not support the aliens.
My area has a lot of Mexicans in it. They are keeping a lot of us young folk from getting a job because they will work under the table. The jobs that require english or would be frowned on if a hispanic had the position are taken up by the older unemployed people.
So in a way I feel cheated out of a job. I still stand by my words though.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Last edited by saviorslegacy; 09-06-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #8

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I think you guys have missed the "Big Picture" with respect to the current immigration epidemic.

It's not a mass exodus to the States; it’s a well choreographed labor policy of the Mexican politicos.

Their policies mirror a communist Yugoslavian Tito-inspired strategy: When incapable of fostering productive jobs, export the labor force.

In 2006, 27% of Mexico’s labor force was working in the U.S. and sending $20 billion back home. That’s 33% of the total wages earned in the Mexican economy! What does that do for the Mexican economy? What does that do to the American economy??

WE, the U.S., pay for the illegal immigrants public education, health care, and their pick from our welfare menu, all while $20 billion goes back to Mexico. To this, Milton Friedman declared, “It’s just obvious you can’t have free immigration and a welfare state.” (Forbes 12/1997)

Do you remember the 1980 Mariel Boat Lift: Castro’s Clever Gift to America? You know, the one where it was discovered that a number of the exiles had been released from Cuban jails and mental health facilities.

Wake up people!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #9

Liked 38 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Saviors Legacy, that’s fine I can respect your opinions and thoughts, however, I will disagree 100% with some if not most of your opinion.

It is easy for you to feel sorry for the “poor” Mexican who is just looking to take care of themselves and their family and to buy into the belief that they just want a better way of life when you live a thousand plus miles away from the border. I am not trying to insult you or put you down in any way please believe that. I will say that having “a” friend from an OTM (other than Mexico) country and talking to a few Mexican nationals does not and will not give you a clear view of what is happening here or in Mexico.

I have been working the Mexican border everyday for the past 22 and a half years and even I don’t fully understand the reasons why or how things have gotten to where they currently are in Mexico. I do believe I have a little more detailed information on why Mexicans come to the US because I have talked to thousands and thousands of them during interviews and interrogation. I talk to drug mules, coyotes, field workers, men, women, children, young adults, educated and un-educated all with the same intent to enter the US illegally. Do some come to steal and commit crimes, yes. Do some come to work and make money to send back to their home country, yes. There are as many reasons they come here as there are grains of sand on the beach. But when you get right down to it they come here knowing that it is illegal and knowing that it is against the law and knowing that for the most part they will suffer no consequences for their actions.

One main principle that you and everyone else that feels sorry for these people is that THIS IS NOT THEIR COUTRY, THEY ARE NOT CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY. We the US are not the mother of the world and can not and should not be expected to suckle the poor of the world. We are no better or worse of ANY other country and if we are expected to take care of our own people then why in hell should we not expect the same from any other country?

People say our country was built on immigration and this is true, but in the past 200 years out country has absorbed so many immigrants that the pitcher is almost full. You cannot keep pouring water into a container without it eventually filling up, so now is our country.

Did you know that almost all of the illegal’s I deal with have no intentions of staying in the US? They want to come here, make money and go home to live in their own country. How is this helping OUR country? I think the best description of why they come here was given to me by an illegal many years ago. When I asked him why he came here instead of staying in his own country and making it better there he said “Why work hard in my country to make it better when you have the Great Whore over the border, I can come and use the whore to my heart’s content and then leave and I don’t even have to pay the whore.”

So I’ll keep my compassion for my own people here in the US and if it seems heartless I’ll say the problems in their country are their problem and they need to fix them. Hell, if I had my way I would encourage the US to invade Mexico and make it the 51st state.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2277 Times on 1362 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

Back before Black Jack led a team into Mexico, the pols of Mexico swore that they would get their land back. They may not have an army unit invade the U.S., but they are taking over the Southwest (and the Cubans, the Southeast).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC